PDA

View Full Version : Full moon, Star Wars lightning, and Stripers.

MikesOcean
08-19-2013, 04:03 PM
I had to get out and fish even thou I always struggle during a full moon cycle and even after hearing about a tough weekend trolling. It didnt help that I was on vacation and I never fished last week due to family vacations.

So with all my buddies tied up I was still motivated to do a solo mission. Driving up the hill I see crazy lightning. Oh oh... Not good for bling bling or tin tin Princess Leia LOL. was getting scared and dark vader wasnt there to protect. Being that I came to the dark side I had to follow orders and kill and that's exactly what I did.

No doubt it was a tougher bite. I was 4th in line and 2nd to launch. Off to one of my zones and I pick up 4 quick fish. Then that area NOTHING. hmmm. I start trolling through another zone bam two more then nothing. Work my way in fish Arm for a bit for another 2. Now I think it's 9 am and I have 8 fish. Hmmm. I was getting over 2 limits this time last week.

So I trolled for 3 more hours without a hit. Around noon I finally find an active school and pick off 10 real quick with two doubles. Now I have 18 (8 released unfortunately). Time to go home. No size, just schoolies!
Off the water by 1:30pm.

http://i1289.photobucket.com/albums/b516/mikesocean/95FACE81-ED87-4879-9CD2-ACC4A73CF094-678-000000425B6C71B9_zps6fd4879d.jpg

It's just gonna get better. And the big girls are gonna come out play with this full moon. I would have stayed to hunt bigger fish but I was exhausted from a long vacation.

vampirebret
08-19-2013, 04:12 PM
Great job out there Mike. I like your signature using the fish. LOL

cutbait
08-19-2013, 04:15 PM
Wtg Mike!

Look at us spoiled with 18 fish?

And we call it slow. I guess its all relative

TroutOnly
08-19-2013, 04:23 PM
THE BANANA ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,M/O,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,18 FISH AT HALF DAY SOUNDS GOOD TO ME,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,d/o,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

catchingsomefish
08-19-2013, 05:15 PM
Nice job Mike. T/O stopped by my shop today and we were looking at the web cam at Castaic, he told me you were out there, hey no skunk, some stripeys for dinner.......life is good WTG.......................Dave

DEVOREFLYER
08-19-2013, 05:45 PM
No Bananas allowed for good luck, that's cheatin'. As for the lightening I heard ya need to put a golf 2 iron on your bow as everyone knows not even God can't hit a 2 iron. Great job makin' lemonaid out of the lemons. I bet the lightening was tough at the Wood today also as it was boomin' at my house from 4:30 till about 9:00 and the junk yard dog wanted in bad.

Double A
08-19-2013, 06:53 PM
WTG Mike. Nice solo mission.

I'm glad you got your fish & got out early.

Wish I was there, sure woulda beat work.

Way to make a slow bite work for you.

dk4885
08-19-2013, 07:08 PM
WTG Mike. Like cutbait said 18 a slow day. Lol. I like the MO deck shot.

cutbait
08-19-2013, 07:23 PM
http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u290/kluna2/images-1_zpsd06d8c50.jpg

Next time I see Bob at the lake I fear

DMS
08-19-2013, 10:40 PM
:Dancing Banana::Dancing Banana::Dancing Banana::Dancing Banana::Dancing Banana:
LOL LOL LOL

FishingwithDave
08-19-2013, 11:57 PM
Can't wait until I can complain about only catching 18! Good job thinning out the schoolies. Always appreciate the reports, especially after 16 hour day.

MikesOcean
08-20-2013, 01:52 PM
Great job out there Mike. I like your signature using the fish. LOL

Thank you Bret! I thought the picture would look better with my initials instead of just dinks on the deck. haha

Wtg Mike!

Look at us spoiled with 18 fish?

And we call it slow. I guess its all relative

Ya we are spoiled when we get our limits fast and early. Its Bobs fault for creating monsters!!

THE BANANA ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,M/O,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,18 FISH AT HALF DAY SOUNDS GOOD TO ME,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,d/o,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

d/o hahaha I LOVE IT!!!!

Nice job Mike. T/O stopped by my shop today and we were looking at the web cam at Castaic, he told me you were out there, hey no skunk, some stripeys for dinner.......life is good WTG.......................Dave

Thank You! I need to check out this castaic cam. Can you watch live?

LOL! You are a fish molester.

Nice catch though! Way to go on the solo troll.

Molester? LOL Must you use that word?

No Bananas allowed for good luck, that's cheatin'. As for the lightening I heard ya need to put a golf 2 iron on your bow as everyone knows not even God can't hit a 2 iron. Great job makin' lemonaid out of the lemons. I bet the lightening was tough at the Wood today also as it was boomin' at my house from 4:30 till about 9:00 and the junk yard dog wanted in bad.

Thank you Mike! One of these days I will hit you up to meet me at the wood. You can leave your bullet at home.

WTG Mike. Nice solo mission.

I'm glad you got your fish & got out early.

Wish I was there, sure woulda beat work.

Way to make a slow bite work for you.

Thank you Brian!! Not as much fun as having you aboard. I think I was talking to myself too much! hahaha

WTG Mike. Like cutbait said 18 a slow day. Lol. I like the MO deck shot.

I know we are too spoiled. Soon DK Very soon! An all up North party!!

Can't wait until I can complain about only catching 18! Good job thinning out the schoolies. Always appreciate the reports, especially after 16 hour day.

Thank you Dave! You will be on it sooner then later. Looks like you been working the Duct pretty good. I am glad I don't live closer to the Duct cuz I don't think I would get any work done if I did.

fishinone
08-20-2013, 03:02 PM
Molester? LOL Must you use that word?

I'm sorry Mike. I guess that was harsh.

dk4885
08-20-2013, 03:42 PM

MO we all know what you do to those fish after you catch them so that might just be the word to use. Lol

MikesOcean
08-20-2013, 04:07 PM

HAHA. All good Ron. I know it was all in good fun.

MO we all know what you do to those fish after you catch them so that might just be the word to use. Lol

Shhhhh!!! This is a public forum. You weren't suppose to tell anyone. But really I don't mess with the schoolies. LOL

Hardcor
08-20-2013, 04:30 PM
By your posts Mike ! I can tell you like to kill ! I beg for an 18 fish Day !

Great report ! A+

Corey

DEVOREFLYER
08-20-2013, 05:02 PM
Mike I would be honored to share a spot on your boat, give me some short notice so I can arrange refreshments and get gear together. It would be great to get a striper lesson.