PDA

View Full Version : DVL Trolling Report

Hardcor
08-18-2013, 02:32 PM
I Trolled Diamond Valley Lake with The Legend, Striper Only, Bob ! You could not keep the Largemouth Bass off our rigs ! We caught Green Bass in 15 to 35 feet of water !

We started with the baby bass color at slow speeds and high speeds, The Green Bass were smashing them ! When we found the Shad where Hawgsey told us

(third cove to the northwest) We changed to Shad color and the Green Bass were on it too ! No Stripers but lots of Largemouth !

It's Hot fishing and Hot weather !

Corey
http://youtu.be/TuXk3J_z3m4

fishinone
08-18-2013, 03:47 PM
That was a nice UGB!

What lure was that?

PONTOON
08-18-2013, 04:21 PM
Corey, I think it's safe to say that no bass is safe when Hardcor and Trout Only team up. It's good to see the two of you fishing the Jewel and I'm ready to get back there myself.

Great job guys!

skatino
08-18-2013, 04:44 PM
For a second I thought you were going to bust out into a green bass/air guitar solo! Haha, nice feesh man!

Steven

diamondbear
08-18-2013, 04:51 PM
Nice try guys , we dodn't know until we try , ha great video hc. I went out today for a trolling backflash as I hooked up and landed a nice 4.25 lb. holdover trout in the west end . hooked up to a small LMB and lost at boatside but gotta put more time in to figure this DVL out .// db

HawgZWylde
08-18-2013, 05:18 PM
Welcome back to the Jewel boys, good job hammering the green carp! Did you guys get a visual on that Shad? All the balls we've metered as of late have turned out to be Silversides. The last couple of weeks they've been schooling just below the surface and we had a chance to actually lay eyeballs on them. Doesn't really matter though, Shad colors, Gill colors, and baby bass colors all do the trick. Lol, took a cue from Matt and floated a bugger on Trout gear and played with the Gills and small Bass for a couple of hours last Tuesday. Had a blast with that.

Kudos to the Legend and Hardcore!

Hardcor
08-18-2013, 08:14 PM
That was a nice UGB!

What lure was that?

That was a Baby Bass Hard swimbait made by Bass Pro ! I had two sizes and they both got killed !

Thanks Ron !

Corey, I think it's safe to say that no bass is safe when Hardcor and Trout Only team up. It's good to see the two of you fishing the Jewel and I'm ready to get back there myself.

Great job guys!

I love fishing The Jewel and I love fishing with Bob !

Thank you PONTOON !

Hardcor
08-18-2013, 08:16 PM
For a second I thought you were going to bust out into a green bass/air guitar solo! Haha, nice feesh man!

Steven

Thank you Steven ! Hears a double Bass release !

http://youtu.be/Wd7qnNBAOqc

Hardcor
08-18-2013, 08:38 PM
Nice try guys , we dodn't know until we try , ha great video hc. I went out today for a trolling backflash as I hooked up and landed a nice 4.25 lb. holdover trout in the west end . hooked up to a small LMB and lost at boatside but gotta put more time in to figure this DVL out .// db

I'm still trying to figure DVL out too ! But it's a blast trying ! I hope your little bass was bigger than this one !

Thank's DB

http://youtu.be/fKvtbaMkYIo

Hardcor
08-18-2013, 08:51 PM
Welcome back to the Jewel boys, good job hammering the green carp! Did you guys get a visual on that Shad? All the balls we've metered as of late have turned out to be Silversides. The last couple of weeks they've been schooling just below the surface and we had a chance to actually lay eyeballs on them. Doesn't really matter though, Shad colors, Gill colors, and baby bass colors all do the trick. Lol, took a cue from Matt and floated a bugger on Trout gear and played with the Gills and small Bass for a couple of hours last Tuesday. Had a blast with that.

I'm Bummed ! The only reason Bob and I went to DVL is you said you saw Shad in the third cove ! We were hoping for a Shad come back ! Those dam things look just like Shad on the meter !

I'm going to have to sign off ! I think I'm gonna cry ! I used to dip Shad 4 to six months a year at DVL, When I read your posts I though they were coming back ! I was fooled by a silverside !

I think I'm gonna cry ! I'm going back to the Tuna !

http://youtu.be/rASjkXaDcE4

Matt_Magnone
08-18-2013, 09:31 PM
awesome job man. glad you're havin fun out there. bobs a cool dude. met him a couple times at the launch ramp. good people for sure.

GdHkSet1
08-18-2013, 09:55 PM
Nice job fellas on the troll, I sat out this weekend-but been itching to go sometime this month.

Hardcor
08-20-2013, 03:44 PM

Hey HawgZ, Greg Silks told my brother he dipped Shad in the Marina on 8-19 and 8-20

You hear or see anything ! I want to dip me some Shad !

Hardcor
08-20-2013, 03:49 PM
awesome job man. glad you're havin fun out there. bobs a cool dude. met him a couple times at the launch ramp. good people for sure.

Bobs a good guy ! He was a fixture here when the Holdover Trout were big !

Hey Matt I heard from Silks he dipped Shad on the 19th and the 20th in the Marina !

Do you know of any Shad in the Marina !

Hardcor
08-20-2013, 03:54 PM
Nice job fellas on the troll, I sat out this weekend-but been itching to go sometime this month.

Thank You, We saw a lot of fish stacked on the outside of the stairs in 15 to 35 feet ! And the flats on the southeast were loaded too !

HawgZWylde
08-20-2013, 04:36 PM
Hey HawgZ, Greg Silks told my brother he dipped Shad in the Marina on 8-19 and 8-20

Saw buttloads of Smelt today, but no Shad. So who's leg is Greg pulling?

CCfisherman
08-20-2013, 04:49 PM
While I was throwing kastmaster I snag a shad couple day ago by the marina. Might be a loss shad, who know.

Matt_Magnone
08-20-2013, 07:48 PM
Bobs a good guy ! He was a fixture here when the Holdover Trout were big !

Hey Matt I heard from Silks he dipped Shad on the 19th and the 20th in the Marina !

Do you know of any Shad in the Marina !

dude i heard the same stuff. im still thinking its silversides. somebody told me in the early morning the shad are there near the worker dock. they held their fingers out and it was about 3 to 4". its quite possible its true. i trust greg man. im just not seeing them. im probably not looking hard enough! :LOL:

if i see some bait; i'll let you know

HawgZWylde
08-20-2013, 08:50 PM

Corey, it was Tuesday the 16th when I talked to Greg in the tag line. Greg is a great guy and we had a good chat about the lakes baitfish and more specifically the Shad population, or lack there of. We talked about the large schools of Smelt we saw and how it s**ks that the DFW has no interest in re-introducing Shad into the lake. It's been a very long time since I've actually seen Shad with my eyeballs. A few months back we started metering small balls of bait fish and became hopeful that Shad was indeed making a comeback. Then we metered a huge cloud at the mouth of third cove, we did today as well except they came up and I saw 3"-4" Smelt. When we came in today one of the marina employees and I got to talking and Shad came up in the conversation, he told me "they" saw some in the marina. When I questioned him about if he was sure they weren't in fact Silversides, he admitted he didn't know the physical difference between the two. Sorry bro, I wish I could tell ya the Shad are back, they are needed badly in this lake, but I don't think it's happening on any large scale. But if I see them I'll give you a heads up...

Hardcor
08-24-2013, 09:48 AM
Corey, it was Tuesday the 16th when I talked to Greg in the tag line. Greg is a great guy and we had a good chat about the lakes baitfish and more specifically the Shad population, or lack there of. We talked about the large schools of Smelt we saw and how it s**ks that the DFW has no interest in re-introducing Shad into the lake. It's been a very long time since I've actually seen Shad with my eyeballs. A few months back we started metering small balls of bait fish and became hopeful that Shad was indeed making a comeback. Then we metered a huge cloud at the mouth of third cove, we did today as well except they came up and I saw 3"-4" Smelt. When we came in today one of the marina employees and I got to talking and Shad came up in the conversation, he told me "they" saw some in the marina. When I questioned him about if he was sure they weren't in fact Silversides, he admitted he didn't know the physical difference between the two. Sorry bro, I wish I could tell ya the Shad are back, they are needed badly in this lake, but I don't think it's happening on any large scale. But if I see them I'll give you a heads up...

http://youtu.be/uygesJxot9w