PDA

View Full Version : S.W.A.T. ing A Few Points Solo Style!

SP Dan
08-17-2013, 05:02 PM
Duration: Feet wet from 0600 to 1030 hrs.
Moon Phase: Waxing Gibbous.
Sun Rise: 0617hrs, Sun Set: 1943 hrs. (The day lite hours are getting shorter every day).
Air: 64 - 82 deg, Water: 62 deg, cooling down ever so slightly.
Surf: flat, Swell: 1 ft -, Sec Intervals: 11 to 10
Conditions: flat (with a few rouge waves thrown in the mix), clear and clean, almost salad free.
Tides: 0600 hrs ICT 2.6 ft, 0806 hrs HT 3.7 ft, 1000 hrs OGT 3.1 ft, 1248 hrs LT 2.1 ft.
Isolunar Forecast: Major Period: 0807 to 1107 hrs. :BFish::BFish:
Assault Tactic: LC 110 MS Anchovy
Gear: Saint Croix Avid 9'-6" 8-17 lb MF, Van Staal VS-100G reel with 55 lb 8-carrier braided Diawa Samurai line. My back up (same set-up) had 20 lb Izor XXX mono on the reel. (with new $118.00 reel handle).
AO (Area of Operation): Pacific Ocean, LA County

Stepped into the salt at 0600 at gray light.
Every ten minutes I would get the thump, a head shake and Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.....hook up! Just like clock work! :EyePop:
Ok .... fished from 0600 to 0700 hrs for four shorts in the first hour ..... ok that's enough .... time to change AO's!

I made the 15 minute trek to the next AO over "Heart attack Summit" from 0720 to 0735 hrs and feet wet.
With in the first few cast I get a heavy slam and a miss!!! I hurry and get my lure back out there and BLAM!!!! It's on and it's heavy!
It ended up being a 23" legal Hali.
I fished this AO from 0735 t0 0930 hrs and beached 3 short Hali's and one 23" legal and one short 16" WSB.

From 0930 to 0945 took the hike back over "Heart Attack Summit" back to my first AO.
I fished this AO again from 0945 until 1030 hrs and beached two more short Hali's.

Total fish count: 8 short Hali's, 1 legal 23" Hali, one 16" WSB= 19 points today.

Thanx for taking the time to check out my fish report. :Cool:

SP Dan <"))>< "The Danimal"!

DockRat
08-17-2013, 05:20 PM
Hooking up again!
WTG Danimal :Not Worthy:
DR

Nipple Twister
08-17-2013, 05:27 PM
DANIMAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You go boyyyyy..........hardest working dude in surf fishing, nice report my friend.......thanks for sharing.

As much fun as that AO can be I think I will take a rain check for tomorrow, might go a little further north Striper hunting........

Again, well done Sir.......

Perchin' Dave
08-17-2013, 05:53 PM
Way to go Dan, you got it! Perchin' Dave

skunked4life
08-17-2013, 06:20 PM
Dan! Solo therapy surf session? Sounds like you had a productive outing! You are outfishing most of tje youngins! I have a hard time keeping up with you sir. I was going to rest this weekend but maybe i will have to get out there for a short bit tomorrow. Not too sure that i can do your backyard though. I need to be back in time for church and with freeway closures, that doesn't look too promising.

Anyways, back to your report...looks like you have made up for your month off in Europe! I stopped counting all of the fish you have caught these last three weeks! Thanks for inspiring me!

Corporal Croaker

sshaffr812
08-17-2013, 08:07 PM
That sounds like you did as much catching as you did fishing! Everyone has been killing it with the MS Anchovy. NOTED. Nice report Dan.
-Steve.

manuel149
08-18-2013, 04:28 AM
WOW Dan you are really dialed in. Keep them coming.

bloox8
08-18-2013, 11:11 AM
Good work out there Dan! If you keep these numbers up every day, you guys might actually have a chance to catch up to team Arthur& Bones :LOL:

Thien

sidified
08-18-2013, 11:27 PM
Pretty easy to check out a report like that, Dan'l. Keep making it that easy, ok?

EfrenM
08-19-2013, 11:07 AM
Nice work on the butts !!!

bachiboy
08-19-2013, 04:24 PM
Hey Dan-o,

Sorry I didn't post to this report sooner. Been going a little crazy with that "real-life" stuff that always seems to get in the way.:Wink: Very, very nice session out there. You covered a few miles there to rack up a great total of points for your team. Seems like you're on a bit of a roll lately. Keep it up man and hope to see you out on the battlegrounds soon!

Don

SP Dan
08-19-2013, 09:58 PM
Hooking up again!
WTG Danimal :Not Worthy:
DR

Hey DR,
I find it a good time to cleanse my sole and to take some of the every day pressures off of my shoulders.
And besides .... catching fish is fun! :Big Grin:

DANIMAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You go boyyyyy..........hardest working dude in surf fishing, nice report my friend.......thanks for sharing.

As much fun as that AO can be I think I will take a rain check for tomorrow, might go a little further north Striper hunting........

Again, well done Sir.......

Hi ya NT,
Don't forget that I've fished next to you ...... and when I do ... I'm inspired to fish that much harder! I'd be honored to be your wing-man any day Sir!

Way to go Dan, you got it! Perchin' Dave

Thanx PD,
What I got is .... being bit and then hooked by the fishing bug! ha ha ha!

Dan! Solo therapy surf session? Sounds like you had a productive outing! You are outfishing most of tje youngins! I have a hard time keeping up with you sir. I was going to rest this weekend but maybe i will have to get out there for a short bit tomorrow. Not too sure that i can do your backyard though. I need to be back in time for church and with freeway closures, that doesn't look too promising.

Anyways, back to your report...looks like you have made up for your month off in Europe! I stopped counting all of the fish you have caught these last three weeks! Thanks for inspiring me!

Corporal Croaker

Thanx S4L for all of the kind words,

I really had a blast out there! Me and "Poseidon's Salt Shaker" .... wow! .. what a mix! :LOL:
Before I had decided to make the trek ..... I kept mulling Arthur's text over in my mind ... "Dan ... I kept looking over and expected to see you climbing down the trail", ... so what the heck! I made the trek and was rewarded for it!

That sounds like you did as much catching as you did fishing! Everyone has been killing it with the MS Anchovy. NOTED. Nice report Dan.
-Steve.

Hi ya Steve,

I gain confidence in my gear selections by the quality of the fish it helps me to beach. The MS Anchovy has been rewarding in landing some nice fish lately.

WOW Dan you are really dialed in. Keep them coming.

Hey Manuel,

All that I've really done was to keep my lure wet in the salt as much as possible. The fish are there ... one just needs to get wet with them! Ha ha ha!

Good work out there Dan! If you keep these numbers up every day, you guys might actually have a chance to catch up to team Arthur& Bones :LOL:

Thien

Hi ya Thien,

I'm not really trying to catch anyone ... heck I'm only out having a fun time and hopefully catching an adventure and some lasting memories! :Smile:
Why don't you join me in the salt?!

Pretty easy to check out a report like that, Dan'l. Keep making it that easy, ok?

Hey brotha Sid,

Will do! Tell me .... does the larger bold font size :EyePop: work for you ... or should I increase it's size?? :LOL: Thank you for the compliment Sir! :Wink: And please let me know about which font size makes it easiest for you .... ok!? :ROFL:

Nice work on the butts !!!

Thanx PM,

I like butts! :LOL:

Hey Dan-o,

Sorry I didn't post to this report sooner. Been going a little crazy with that "real-life" stuff that always seems to get in the way.:Wink: Very, very nice session out there. You covered a few miles there to rack up a great total of points for your team. Seems like you're on a bit of a roll lately. Keep it up man and hope to see you out on the battlegrounds soon!

Don

Hi ya Don,

I'm just fishing locally to stay relatively close to home and my loved ones these days. I would be honored to hook-it-up in the salt with you Brotha! Let's battle them together .... soon!:Cool:

Wingnut
08-20-2013, 12:51 PM
Putting up lots of points for your team Danimal. :Envious:
Keep up the great work my friend. :Big Grin:

SP Dan
08-20-2013, 09:00 PM
Putting up lots of points for your team Danimal. :Envious:
Keep up the great work my friend. :Big Grin:

Thanx Arthur ... for the acknowledgement!

Rhonda has also been very understanding and supportive of my butt addiction and I love her so much for this! She truly accepts me for who I am! :Big Grin: And this means the world to me!

Your time and guidance over the past couple years has definitely added to the sub-conscious voice in my head that tells me when, where and how to fish any given AO. I can't seem to do what you do yet Brotha .... but I'm still working on me with plenty of room left for self improvement! :Wink:

Thanks buddy!

"Grasshopper"

murrieta angler
08-21-2013, 06:17 AM
I think I know the MVP for Team Butt Heads...:Cool:
Keep up the great work Dan!
Robert
<><