PDA

View Full Version : finally back in the surf

FishinLBC
08-16-2013, 02:04 PM
Prolog
So due to a pretty serious injury to my ear while mountain biking the surf was a strict no sky zone (bad for stitches).after a month and half i got the green light to fish. I was motivated due to a series of skunks before getting hurt.

Hit the ao at about 6:30 a good bait presence and lake like movement in the water had me feeling positive. Tossed the lc metallic sardine for about 2 hours up the shore line landing 3 pancakes all let go in the surf so no pics. Decided to had back south working the hole where the shorts were when something very large and very close slammed my lc took about half my line in one huge run after i set the hook, then gave a hard shake and swam off with a new lip ring, :mad: that's my 6th lost soldier this year. I never got a good look at it but it was big and seemed grey but it's hard to say because it was on the chase.

Was happy to land some fish and Get that stripe of my back. Thanks for reading see you at hunting giants

sshaffr812
08-16-2013, 02:48 PM
Its good to hear that you're recovering. It sure is a lovely feeling getting back to the surf after some time away. Its like the saying, "absence makes the heart grow fonder". Congrats on getting the stripe off your back.

skunked4life
08-16-2013, 03:36 PM
Even though the doc gave you the green light, please be careful. Especially in Long Beach waters. You can get infected with pancakitis! :ROFL: Welcome back and nice first session back. Stay healthy and fish on!

DockRat
08-16-2013, 04:35 PM
You can get infected with pancakitis! :ROFL:
LMAO.

Glad you hooked up at the nursery.
DR

http://i707.photobucket.com/albums/ww77/Tuarisbucket/Glenn%20Beck/glennpancake.jpg (http://media.photobucket.com/user/Tuarisbucket/media/Glenn%20Beck/glennpancake.jpg.html)

bachiboy
08-19-2013, 04:18 PM
Seeing as how I'm worse at banging myself up on a mtn bike than in the surf, I feel your pain man...be careful out there. Hope you're recuperating well. Sounds like you had some fun in your return to the suds. Sorry to hear about the "one that got away" and the lost soldier. Unfortunately, we've all been there and it's never a good feeling, BUT, it does keep us out there trying. Way to go and thanks for the report.

Take care,
Don

FishinLBC
08-19-2013, 04:34 PM
Thanks man I'm doing fine now,i was just happy to get slammed even if it took me for a ride.