PDA

View Full Version : Ordinary fish, Not-so-ordinary Size - S.W.A.T.(ified)!!!

skunked4life
08-16-2013, 09:55 AM
Please read this report. It is rather lengthy for a report containing such ordinary fish like YFC's and perch, but I hope to impart my message upon you.

Testimony
On or about March 22, 2013, Arthur, the Supreme Commander of S.W.A.T. asked me if I would be interested in joining S.W.A.T. Are you kidding? Of course!

So the journey began. But, let's take a trip down memory lane first.

Last year around the first of the year, I began my obsession with surf fishing. Before, I liked to fish piers, harbors, jetties...you know, "old school." I needed something more. You see, I have lived a life unfulfilled. I had 2 previous careers of which I was semi-successful: music and cooking. I could have gone to Julliard but I gave up. I could have become a great chef under some big Vegas names, but I gave up. Why you ask? I didn't like the person that I was becoming. I sought fame and fortune for the wrong reasons. So, I went back to college at a late age and got my undergrad degree in 2 short years plus started lawschool the week that I graduated from college. After the first attempt at the bar exam, I gave up again. Failure was written all over my history. I turned to fishing and by then, pier, jetty and harbor fishing started to die off. I was getting skunked in life. So, I decided that I would call myself "skunked4life." I was caught in a depression.

I joined FNN and saw how great its members were. I had never been a part of an online community. I have always had friends, but when the money and fame was gone, most of those friends were too. Soon after my first post, Don (bachiboy) and Robert (murrieta angler) pm'd me with supportive messages. So did a few other FNNers.

After I got to a decent start in surf fishing, I attended HG4. My first point of contact was SP Dan. After him, Arthur. They greeted me with smiles and generosity. My wife had originally planned for us to stay for about 3 hours and leave. She said "Honey, these people are genuinely nice. Let's stay until the end." Dan checked in on me from time to time and taught me about structure reading and zones. As I was leaving, Dan offered to fish with me someday.

Shortly after, I used my newly acquired knowledge and caught my first legal butt from the surf followed immediately by another! Daniel (dlmoo312) reached out and asked me to fish. Thien (Bloox8) and Daniel and I fished and we had a great time! We fished, talked and became friends. And so it began...the adventure!

Since accepting the challenge, I have fished with many S.W.A.T. members and got skunked more times than I would like to admit, but my wife always told me that I never looked so happy to be skunked than I did when fishing with my brothers.

Fast forward to today.

If you haven't read my modestly successful report from yesterday, please do so.

The conditions were supposed to be the same today as they were yesterday. I could not pass up the opportunity to duplicate the success. I had changed out the hooks on the 2 LC's given to me by Wingnut and was ready. Arthur had told me before that he had those LC's blessed and that he could foresee great success and an induction fish. You know what? I did not doubt him. I doubted myself, but not him. If the godfather of surf fishing says so, so be it.

I got to the AO at 5:00 am and it was dark. Please...if you are new to baitcasting, do not cast in the dark. I am not new and it still frustrated me. After a few casts, I got soaked by some rogue waves. Determined, I stood my ground. Poseiden, you will not get me down! I hooked up into a small perch. Then a queen fish. I have never seen a queen fish from the surf. They are quite ordinary on the piers but never seen one caught on the surf, let alone on an LC.
http://i1285.photobucket.com/albums/a589/benjilovers/queen_zpsa60200a5.jpg (http://s1285.photobucket.com/user/benjilovers/media/queen_zpsa60200a5.jpg.html)

I continued the adventure. mild salad, rogue waves, bird's nests, you name it, I had it. Still, I will NOT give up! I cast out and catch a short halibut. No pic. Next cast, a small leopard shark. No pic. No time, I need to fish!!! My next cast, I got overtaken by another wave and it soaked me completely. I had not re-engaged my clutch when the wave hit and I was in a tangled mess. Should I just give up today? This doesn't look promising. NO! NEVER GIVE UP! I look up and ask the Big Guy for help. I cut loose about 20 yards of line and re-tie. I get back in the water and cast. Wow! A simple prayer and look at how far the LC goes!!! It cast out so far that I could not see it land! I crank a couple of times and then pause to wipe my glasses of the sand and water. I go back to cranking and BAM! A solid hit! It feels like the lost WSB from yesterday! Just last night, Don had told me not to let my adrenaline overtake me and be patient with the fish. Yes, patience! I fought the fish and reeled him in a little. I pause to let him get tired, but without letting him take too much line. Making sure that the line was stilll taut and hook in place, I continue the battle. Mind you, the waves are rough. I have 30 pound test but I was not going to rip another hook out of a fish's mouth nor break one off. I fought the fish and we danced the dance. As I saw it approach, I see it coming in and see a sideways open mouth. HALIBUT!!!! I bring him closer. This guy is heavy. No headshakes. That's strange. Then I beach him! YFC! Yes. It is an ordinary surf fish like the perch I caught and the queen fish. But look at the size of this thing!
http://i1285.photobucket.com/albums/a589/benjilovers/rodshot_zps6e220272.jpg (http://s1285.photobucket.com/user/benjilovers/media/rodshot_zps6e220272.jpg.html)

I had trouble measuring it with my bass pro cheapy tape measure and this guy was flopping around like he was at the headbanger's ball. Sand in my face, in my reel, slimey hands...SIT STILL! I get out my other tape measure. This one is all folded up and won't lay flat. I have one foot on the tape measure, one foot lightly pressing down on the fish, one hand pulling the other end of the tape measure and left hand taking the picture. Yes, it looks like it is 18inches. It was not. My foot had been on the tape measure at the 2 inch mark or so. Afterwards, I taped my rod and from the end of the butt to the "tc4" mark, it is 23 inches. The fish laid one inch from the end of the rod and about 1 to 2 inches from the "tc4" mark. Do the math. This one looks to be about 19 to 20 inches.
http://i1285.photobucket.com/albums/a589/benjilovers/inaccuratemeasurement_zpsfdfaf696.jpg (http://s1285.photobucket.com/user/benjilovers/media/inaccuratemeasurement_zpsfdfaf696.jpg.html)
http://i1285.photobucket.com/albums/a589/benjilovers/rodshot_zps6e220272.jpg (http://s1285.photobucket.com/user/benjilovers/media/rodshot_zps6e220272.jpg.html)
http://i1285.photobucket.com/albums/a589/benjilovers/rodmeasurement_zpsff0e5807.jpg (http://s1285.photobucket.com/user/benjilovers/media/rodmeasurement_zpsff0e5807.jpg.html)

So, I am thinnking about how many points I got for my team today. You see, I was so caught up in the brotherhood and fellowship of this thing called FNN and S.W.A.T. that I was not thinking about whether this would qualify me into S.W.A.T. Then I realize it....I let out the biggest roar and scream out...."IT'S AND INDUCTION FISH!!!!!"

IT'S AN INDUCTION FISH!!!! I.....AM.....S....W....A.....T!!!!!!! 148 days of trying and I got it done. Finally!
http://i1285.photobucket.com/albums/a589/benjilovers/beast_zps50b31ca6.jpg (http://s1285.photobucket.com/user/benjilovers/media/beast_zps50b31ca6.jpg.html)
http://i1285.photobucket.com/albums/a589/benjilovers/omg_zps7499213d.jpg (http://s1285.photobucket.com/user/benjilovers/media/omg_zps7499213d.jpg.html)

My PB YFC and induction fish! Wow! It's no halibut, nor WSB but its a giant!

I ended the session on that note so that I could quickly call my brothers and personally thank some of them.

Many thanks go out. Thank you GOD!!! :Big Grin: Thank you FNN! Thanks to all of the FNN members who helped me along this journey. Thank you to all of the S.W.A.T. members who not only reach out to help me personally, but others as well. You guys get it. I got it now.

Thanks Wifey and Kids! - You guys supported this addiction and look what happened! Love you!

Thank you Wingnut/Commander/Brother - You are the pinnacle of kindness and an exemplary leader! It is through you that the other S.W.A.T. members are so good at what they do: fishing and fellowship.

Thank you SP Dan - You sir, got me in the right direction and are like my navigator. You steered me in the right direction!

Thank you Murrieta Angler - You are my drill sergeant who tells me all of the time, "Ken, just fish. Keep casting!" Was this an intentional metaphor for just keep trying at life? You got the message across and I understand now.

Thank you Bachiboy - Don, you are "Q" to my double-oh-croaker. The original Colonel Croaker. Without your technical expertise in everything fishing AND about fatherhood, I wouldn't have accomplished what I have.

Thanks Daniel, Thien and Jason - You goof balls made skunking alot of fun and forced me to adventure beyond my physical comfort zone in fishing. Thanks! I think that I lost about 25 pounds from all the hiking! Best little brothers ever!

Thanks Nipple Twister - Thanks for being so cool. You are like jazz man! When I was fishing next to you yesterday, it was like music was playing in my head through your headphones.

Forgive me if I failed to personally thank someone but Sidified began playing the "wrap it up" music and the curtain is falling.

P.S. If you didn't get it, the message is to never give up. I wear the moniker "skunked4life" to remind me of the failures in life that made me who I am today. Also, fame and fortune do you no good unless you do good with it. Thus, always remember to pay it forward.

Peace out!
-Corporal Croaker (Ken)

tamddo714
08-16-2013, 09:58 AM
thats a whopper of a croaker! nice catch!!!

SP Dan
08-16-2013, 12:04 PM
Welcome to S.W.A.T. Ken!

"Congratulations" on landing your induction fish and to S.W.A.T my Brotha!! :Big Smile::Applause:

While just reading your qualifying fish report ..... it brought back and flooded me with so many emotions of the not so past... one was of the day that I had finally landed my induction fish to S.W.A.T. (Stan- keepemlo was my wing man), I had worked so hard, put in the time, I followed everyone's advice that had shared it with me, I kept changing my rods, reels, line, hooks and patterns of LC's, I fished different beaches according to how flooded or drained they were ... and then when I was least expecting it happen and was trying not to give up, "I'll give it just one more cast" ... I said to myself .... and ...... BLAM!!!! ...
It happened!! ... What a day of unbelievable happiness and fulfillment that I had experienced!! I'll never forget it!

I know that you did all of what I had mentioned above and probably more ....... what a fantastic adventure you have had Ken ..... "what an adventure indeed"!!!

You have definitely grown in many ways since I first met you in "Poseidon's Salt Shaker" at the HG-4 Event!
I have fished beside you and you have honestly developed stronger levels of determination and perseverance since we've met, which should be obvious to anyone that knows you .... and you have also deepened your commitment to the sport of Surf Fishing. Blend that with your new ability able to read the salt and to locate the possible halibut ambush spots .... you are an awesome Angler Sir! Brotha .... you can call me any day .... I'd be proud and honored to be your wing-man!

So ... this is your day of unbelievable happiness and fulfillment my S.W.A.T.Brotha! :Big Grin: Never forget it!
My heart is exploding with happiness for you and your success here today! :Thumbs Up:

Poseidon has definitely BLESSED you and BAPTIZED you on this day my friend!

PS ..... You do realize that you can not compete at HG-5 ...... :EyePop:

SP Dan <"))><

skunked4life
08-16-2013, 12:24 PM
thats a whopper of a croaker! nice catch!!!

Thanks! How did you manage being the first to reply? That is awesome! Hope to meet you at HG5. You must attend.

skunked4life
08-16-2013, 12:25 PM
Welcome to S.W.A.T. Ken!

"Congratulations" on landing your induction fish and to S.W.A.T my Brotha!! :Big Smile::Applause:

While just reading your qualifying fish report ..... it brought back and flooded me with so many emotions of the not so past... one was of the day that I had finally landed my induction fish to S.W.A.T. (Stan- keepemlo was my wing man), I had worked so hard, put in the time, I followed everyone's advice that had shared it with me, I kept changing my rods, reels, line, hooks and patterns of LC's, I fished different beaches according to how flooded or drained they were ... and then when I was least expecting it happen and was trying not to give up, "I'll give it just one more cast" ... I said to myself .... and ...... BLAM!!!! ...
It happened!! ... What a day of unbelievable happiness and fulfillment that I had experienced!! I'll never forget it!

I know that you did all of what I had mentioned and probably more ....... what an adventure you have had Ken ..... "what an adventure indeed"!!!

You have definitely grown in many ways since I first met you in "Poseidon's Salt Shaker" at the HG-4 Event!
I have fished beside you and you have honestly developed stronger levels determination and perseverance since we've met, which should be obvious to anyone that knows you .... and you have become more committed to the sport of Surf Fishing. Blend that with your new ability able to read the salt and to locate the possible halibut ambush spots .... you are an awesome Angler Sir! Brotha .... you can call me any day .... I'd be proud and honored to be your wing-man!

This is your day my S.W.A.T.Brotha! My heart is exploding with happiness for you and your success here today! :Thumbs Up:

Poseidon has definitely BLESSED you and BAPTIZED you today my friend!

SP Dan <"))><

It happened! You were correct sir! I don't know what you S.W.A.T. guys see in me, but you guys got one thing right...I guess that I CAN catch fish.

exfactor
08-16-2013, 01:01 PM
Glad you finally got her done. We have missed each other a few times along the way. I have a favorite expression for fishermen when they are beginning to grasp the concept. It's "breathe through your nose" lol. I might also mention that, just because you have 30# test, doesn't mean you need to pull 30 pounds hard to catch. I've caught fish to 50# on those trebles, you just need to be patient, and use a little finesse. Cya at the giant killer 5

bachiboy
08-16-2013, 01:45 PM
You seek the advice from a guy dubbed "Colonel Croaker" and whatdaya get for an induction fish? Croaked!:ROFL: Maybe you shoulda hung around and spoke to Robert, Dan, Bones or Arthur a little more.:Wink: Nice going Corporal! The expression on your face says it all. That's the exact opposite of the look I had when I realized that a YFC was my induction fish...that's what makes you a GREAT S.W.A.T. member. You get the pure joy of it all. AND, like Arthur told me, run with it. You never know how long it'll be till you get another chance to claim an induction fish...*cough* Thien *cough*.::Secret::whistle: Monkey's off your back, now go try and catch up to Lt. Bones who seems to have this month's competition pretty much wrapped up single-handedly. Looking forward to seeing you out there again soon...new rod in hand.:Wink:

Congrats!!!
Don

skunked4life
08-16-2013, 01:56 PM
You seek the advice from a guy dubbed "Colonel Croaker" and whatdaya get for an induction fish? Croaked!:ROFL: Maybe you shoulda hung around and spoke to Robert, Dan, Bones or Arthur a little more.:Wink: Nice going Corporal! The expression on your face says it all. That's the exact opposite of the look I had when I realized that a YFC was my induction fish...that's what makes you a GREAT S.W.A.T. member. You get the pure joy of it all. AND, like Arthur told me, run with it. You never know how long it'll be till you get another chance to claim an induction fish...*cough* Thien *cough*.::Secret::whistle: Monkey's off your back, now go try and catch up to Lt. Bones who seems to have this month's competition pretty much wrapped up single-handedly. Looking forward to seeing you out there again soon...new rod in hand.:Wink:

Congrats!!!
Don

Better get some medicine for that cough.

By the way, I am trying to think of ways to coax the good lieutenant to go awol and join our team. The way it looks to me on paper, Thien's team might as well just be Wingnut and Bones vs everyone else. Gotta get back to work.

P.S. I am proud to be a part of the croaker ranks sir!

FishinLBC
08-16-2013, 02:39 PM
Way to go man hard wish payed off, way to stick with it.

DockRat
08-16-2013, 04:47 PM
Dude ! That is a big Croaker :UDaMan:
It is easier to catch a legal Hali the that toad. WTG !

Stay shallow in the dark/gray light. Sounds to risky. I usually never go past my knees. Fish are shallow too, after you hookup, backup. Be safe. Seems by wading deep you don't really gain that much distance from shore.
DR

Wingnut
08-16-2013, 05:40 PM
Congratulations Ken! :Big Grin:

Being considered for S.W.A.T. have nothing to do with how many fish you can catch or how big of the fish you can catch.
Your skills as an angler isn't even a factor... :Wink:
Your skills as a "Fisher of Men" and your character is what made you an easy choice for the S.W.A.T. Brotherhood. :Cool:

I made you Team Captain this month when your confidence level was at an all time low...
Then you stepped up with multiple Personal Bests fish, multiple notable catches and an "Induction" fish, you are a proven winner. But you didn't need to prove anything to me Ken, only to yourself.
Now, you know the reason why I chose you. Thank you for proving me right... :Big Grin:

Once again, well done Corporal Croaker! :Big Smile: You and Don cracked me up. :LOL:

Which Way Out
08-16-2013, 06:18 PM
Ken let me say Welcome to the Team.

Your story has a lot of parallels to mine. I can appreciate the honest reaction you have in the wonderful story and pictures that tell of your quest. Sorry we haven't had the opportunity to fish with each other, but I certainly want to stand on the same sand as you during The HG-5,
BTW coming soon to a Southern California Beach near you!!!!! Shameless plug for the Greatest Surf Contest EVER!

Congrats and with a very nice fish.

WWO

sidified
08-16-2013, 07:11 PM
Sorry about the 'playoff', Skunks, but I have hooks to sharpen!
Also, in that last photo, are you singing something from Puccini, or, ''99 Bottles of Beer.."?? :No Pity:

Nipple Twister
08-16-2013, 07:25 PM
..........congrats.
What can I say that hasn't already been said, you fish hard with soul and from the heart. It has always been a pleasure to fish with you or just hang during breakfast.
Stellar report and recap, yesterdays WSB and the legal Halibut had you dancing on the beach and giggling like a school girl, sorry I missed being there today but I could tell from the phone call that you where excited but at peace with it, reliving every vivid detail.....too cool.
You have shown your want to learn and apply the knowledge gained which has paid off huge........if you are not failing then you are not trying, I don't call your life experiences failures, you have accommplished more then others have even dreamed of and that is because of you, YOU made it happen, or not. You are far more "blessed4Life" my friend, as with all the others I am honered to share this group called SWAT..........honored indeed...........:Thumbs Up:

murrieta angler
08-16-2013, 07:46 PM
Ken, Ken, Ken...:Smile:
It was only a matter of time till you saw the bigger picture.
Everyone one of us has been where you are, some through war, some through gangs, some through middle class families.
It's how you take those early lessons in life and apply it as you go through life.
Your map was laid out a long time ago and you have "ALMOST" caught up to your destination....:Wink:
As long as you have my number, you have someone to lean on. Don't let the prides or embarrassments get in the way.
THAT GOES FOR ALL MY FRIENDS HERE!
Congratulations on your induction fish and like I wrote earlier, " You were part of the family, ON OR ABOUT MARCH 23, 2013 " :Envious:
Enjoy the glow Bro,
Robert
<><

TUNAVIC
08-16-2013, 07:48 PM
Very nice,well done!

Cya TunaVic

skunked4life
08-16-2013, 10:19 PM
Way to go man hard wish payed off, way to stick with it.

Thank you for the reply! I have never seen nor used the word "persistence" so much than on these boards. The ower of a single word changes everything.

Dude ! That is a big Croaker :UDaMan:
It is easier to catch a legal Hali the that toad. WTG !

Stay shallow in the dark/gray light. Sounds to risky. I usually never go past my knees. Fish are shallow too, after you hookup, backup. Be safe. Seems by wading deep you don't really gain that much distance from shore.
DR

Thanks DR. The whole dark light fishing thing was bc i couldn't see where the lure was landing and i would backlash as a result. Your advise is still well taken.

Congratulations Ken! :Big Grin:

Being considered for S.W.A.T. have nothing to do with how many fish you can catch or how big of the fish you can catch.
Your skills as an angler isn't even a factor... :Wink:
Your skills as a "Fisher of Men" and your character is what made you an easy choice for the S.W.A.T. Brotherhood. :Cool:

I made you Team Captain this month when your confidence level was at an all time low...
Then you stepped up with multiple Personal Bests fish, multiple notable catches and an "Induction" fish, you are a proven winner. But you didn't need to prove anything to me Ken, only to yourself.
Now, you know the reason why I chose you. Thank you for proving me right... :Big Grin:

Once again, well done Corporal Croaker! :Big Smile: You and Don cracked me up. :LOL:

I still say there is room for another captain. What about my field promotion for this month. C'mon. Pretty please? JK. i will gladly take corporal.

Ken let me say Welcome to the Team.

Your story has a lot of parallels to mine. I can appreciate the honest reaction you have in the wonderful story and pictures that tell of your quest. Sorry we haven't had the opportunity to fish with each other, but I certainly want to stand on the same sand as you during The HG-5,
BTW coming soon to a Southern California Beach near you!!!!! Shameless plug for the Greatest Surf Contest EVER!

Congrats and with a very nice fish.

WWO

No. I want to stand on the same surf as YOU sir! See you then!

Sorry about the 'playoff', Skunks, but I have hooks to sharpen!
Also, in that last photo, are you singing something from Puccini, or, ''99 Bottles of Beer.."?? :No Pity:

It's the climax of Nessun Dorma! "vincero....vincero....VIN...CERRRRR.....OOOOO!" Or it could be Lady gaga. :LOL:

..........congrats.
What can I say that hasn't already been said, you fish hard with soul and from the heart. It has always been a pleasure to fish with you or just hang during breakfast.
Stellar report and recap, yesterdays WSB and the legal Halibut had you dancing on the beach and giggling like a school girl, sorry I missed being there today but I could tell from the phone call that you where excited but at peace with it, reliving every vivid detail.....too cool.
You have shown your want to learn and apply the knowledge gained which has paid off huge........if you are not failing then you are not trying, I don't call your life experiences failures, you have accommplished more then others have even dreamed of and that is because of you, YOU made it happen, or not. You are far more "blessed4Life" my friend, as with all the others I am honered to share this group called SWAT..........honored indeed...........:Thumbs Up:

I feel blessed to have shared the sand with you! Thanks again for yesterday!

Ken, Ken, Ken...:Smile:
It was only a matter of time till you saw the bigger picture.
Everyone one of us has been where you are, some through war, some through gangs, some through middle class families.
It's how you take those early lessons in life and apply it as you go through life.
Your map was laid out a long time ago and you have "ALMOST" caught up to your destination....:Wink:
As long as you have my number, you have someone to lean on. Don't let the prides or embarrassments get in the way.
THAT GOES FOR ALL MY FRIENDS HERE!
Congratulations on your induction fish and like I wrote earlier, " You were part of the family, ON OR ABOUT MARCH 23, 2013 " :Envious:
Enjoy the glow Bro,
Robert
<><

Indeed, I am glowing from the radiation...

Very nice,well done!

Cya TunaVic

Thank you!

LuckyCraft420
08-17-2013, 01:28 AM
Funny how immediately after I finished reading the report, I get a text message picture from you. Congratulations again on your induction fish! Hope to fish with you soon.

-Ken

iHOP
08-17-2013, 12:39 PM
Hey guys I'm new to this forum. Look forward to fishing with you guys at HG5. Ken that is one monster yfc! Its definitely one of the biggest yfc I've seen. Makes me want to go hit up one of my yfc spots now lol. -Alan

troublehook
08-17-2013, 01:08 PM
Congratulations bro in becoming SWAT. Me and a few guys are buddies with the commander and we still haven't got an inviatation yet. :Angry:
We all hit a few dead ends in life and the key is to never give up. :Cool:

Sokha

bloox8
08-17-2013, 01:17 PM
Congratulations brother! :Beer Toast:
That YFC is GINORMOUS!! Holy cow! :EyePop:
I completely agree with Dockrat. A legal halibut is definitely easier to catch than a croaker of that size.
I went ape$h*# on croakers yesterday, hitting them on almost every cast, but none of them came close to your baby.
In fact, I think you might have topped the biggest recorded YFC :Big Grin:
All that aside, I am very happy for you. Not because you finally got in to SWAT - I am sure you've always been considered a SWAT member by your brothers - but because you are putting your skunk down to the ground. Now, you can help me get my induction fish :LOL:

Ken, thanks for being you.
It has been, and will continue to be, a pleasure enjoying the sand with you.

I'll see you out there soon

Thien

skunked4life
08-17-2013, 08:52 PM
Funny how immediately after I finished reading the report, I get a text message picture from you. Congratulations again on your induction fish! Hope to fish with you soon.

-Ken

I thought that you might like some fish porn! Summer is more than half over bro. Get out on the surf!

Hey guys I'm new to this forum. Look forward to fishing with you guys at HG5. Ken that is one monster yfc! Its definitely one of the biggest yfc I've seen. Makes me want to go hit up one of my yfc spots now lol. -Alan

Thanks for replying on my induction post! Welcome to the site and please stop by and say hi at HG5.

Congratulations bro in becoming SWAT. Me and a few guys are buddies with the commander and we still haven't got an inviatation yet. :Angry:
We all hit a few dead ends in life and the key is to never give up. :Cool:

Sokha

Thanks Sokha! When are you guys gonna invite me to lake mead for striper fishing? Did you know that was my home turf for the first 27 years of my life? Go easy on the commader tonight at the game.

Congratulations brother! :Beer Toast:
That YFC is GINORMOUS!! Holy cow! :EyePop:
I completely agree with Dockrat. A legal halibut is definitely easier to catch than a croaker of that size.
I went ape$h*# on croakers yesterday, hitting them on almost every cast, but none of them came close to your baby.
In fact, I think you might have topped the biggest recorded YFC :Big Grin:
All that aside, I am very happy for you. Not because you finally got in to SWAT - I am sure you've always been considered a SWAT member by your brothers - but because you are putting your skunk down to the ground. Now, you can help me get my induction fish :LOL:

Ken, thanks for being you.
It has been, and will continue to be, a pleasure enjoying the sand with you.

I'll see you out there soon

Thien

Thien, like i said in my post, you and daniel really pushed me to venture out of my hometurf and not only have i become healthier and lost weight, it made me enjoy the outdoors and appreciate the adventure just as much as the fishing! I think that you are long over due for a legendary fish now, so let's go get one for you! I will fill in as your wingman until fish-stealer...*cough*...er...i mean daniel gets back.