PDA

View Full Version : Pyramid Stripers

MikesOcean
08-15-2013, 09:35 AM
With such a Great Lake and staff where are all the reports?

Is our group the only one that reports here?

Surely the fish must be going off here! For me, Castaic is closer. So when Castaic is going off its hard for me to drive farther.

Brian_GSC
08-15-2013, 10:30 AM
Ha! I was thinking the same thing! Was pondering taking my little boys up there Sunday for a little dinkfest.

flyhigh123
08-15-2013, 11:04 AM
i think i was the last report lol. Once castaic picked up, most of fnn is at castaic... no need to drive that extra 20 minutes.

Stumpknocker
08-15-2013, 03:42 PM
There is also the lake lice factor...unlike Castaic, there's no place to get away from them at Pyramid.

flyhigh123
08-15-2013, 03:57 PM
There is also the lake lice factor...unlike Castaic, there's no place to get away from them at Pyramid.

that too is very true. if they want the fishermen business, make it a little more fishermen friendly. maybe section off half of ybar for no waking. I do love fishing pyramid. the winter time was great for me, peaceful.

MikesOcean
08-15-2013, 05:05 PM
I do recall last trip was from you flyhigh! I'm sure the water cleared up by now and I am sure those fish are blowing up there. And yes I do agree about lake lice too. Unfortunately they don't have a fish arm. Yellow bar would be a great place to start for no wakerS!!

I say Brian gives it a shot with his boys and post up his great success. And that place was producing bigger fish on the troll before Castaic went off.

drifter023
08-15-2013, 06:10 PM
If Silverwood excepted the Pyramid tags I would jump between both lakes. Hope that will happen soon tiered of this tag stuff.:Head Bang:

Master Baiter1
08-15-2013, 07:13 PM
Pyramid is fished out. Bob got em all. Castaic will soon be the same. Then Silverwood. Does DVL even have any fish left? Talk about a dead forum, that place is a ghost town. Pretty soon the duct will be lined with people stretching from the AV to Fresno. That would be a sight to see.

DMS
08-15-2013, 09:23 PM

That is the credited answer. The Lake Lice are absolutely awful, rude and dangerous. Of course, we are doing fine at Castaic, which is a bit closer, but Pyramid would still have plenty of fishers if there was a few spots that were a bit protected or if some of the lice learned to be a bit considerate. We have been really fortunate to find plenty of space at Castaic from the lice 95% of the time this summer. The swarms of micro-dinks last time I was there also were a bit discouraging, but that is probably a cycle. I'm sure there are plenty of nice ones up there too.
Another factor is that there is alcohol allowed at the Mid, so I worry with those lice that some are drunk. No alcohol is permitted at Castatic and that makes me happy!

pitman
08-18-2013, 08:35 PM
With such a Great Lake and staff where are all the reports?

Is our group the only one that reports here?

Surely the fish must be going off here! For me, Castaic is closer. So when Castaic is going off its hard for me to drive farther.

Im not the most senior member on this forum by far but the trend here seems to be lurkers and poachers. Everyone wants to read the reports with no replys and the reports are getting fewer and farther between on all the threads. Come people if you can take the time to read a report at least comment....