PDA

View Full Version : 1/2 day or 3/4 day trips: Oceanside or San Diego?

Ultralight
08-14-2013, 03:33 PM
Had a trip recently that had me at Point Loma right across the street from the landing where charters leave. 3 major companies and many dozens of boats going out form 1/2 day to many day trips.

Does oceanside have a similar spot where the charters go out? And if so, where are they? I would love to look all of the options there too.

Anyways, if I wanted to take my kids to a 1/2 day, would San Diego or Oceanside be better? Love to hear any other tips too.

Thanks,
UL

flyhigh123
08-14-2013, 03:48 PM
havent been to oceanside but a quick search under oceanside sport fishing brings up this: http://www.helgrensportfishing.com/

i would recommend san diego for the 1/2 day, but can't say much about oceanside

murrieta angler
08-14-2013, 04:05 PM
Helgrens is the landing at Oceanside.
They do have a 1/2 day boat and the captain does try to get you on fish.
If you're going out for your sons purpose, and he's young, I would go out of Oceanside.
Robert
<><

CraigH
08-15-2013, 06:54 AM
If you're taking kids you may also want to consider Dana Wharf sportfishing in Dana Point. They have 5 or 6 boats, including 1/2 day, 3/4 day, and twilight. Free parking, and they have a Kids Club that gets the kids some goodies when they join and gets you discounted or free tickets when you go. I don't remember the exact deal, but its on their website.

Ultralight
08-15-2013, 01:12 PM
Robert, may I ask why Oceanside if they are young? Are there 'rougher' people in San Diego trips? I can't think of any other reasons and would love to know.

But my kids aren't that young - Jr high and up.

Thanks,
UL

Helgrens is the landing at Oceanside.
They do have a 1/2 day boat and the captain does try to get you on fish.
If you're going out for your sons purpose, and he's young, I would go out of Oceanside.
Robert
<><