PDA

View Full Version : It's been a long time

SmellsLikeFishing85
08-13-2013, 11:59 PM
I just woke up from a long fishing slumber, ready with hook, line, and sinker! (A little late in the season) Had my first outing at the LA river near Balboa lake since it never fails to deliver. Used the ever faithful canned corn and red worms. Felt great having the tilapia on the other end of the line; it awoke my fishing nostrils once more and am now on the lookout for more fishing scent trails. I will be visiting Balboa every now and then for some tilapia and carp action (maybe even some pleco).

I was thinking of paying a visit to the local Magic Johnson Park. If anyone has any tips or advice it will be appreciated. What other fishing spots here in south LA are recommended for some panfish/carp action? I was looking into the following and am searching for reports as I type:

Alondra Park
Hollenbeck Park
Kenneth Hahn
Lincoln Park

Hope to meet some of you along my fishing journey through these local parks. Looking forward to my first fishing report.

pga7602
08-15-2013, 07:50 AM
I just woke up from a long fishing slumber, ready with hook, line, and sinker! (A little late in the season) Had my first outing at the LA river near Balboa lake since it never fails to deliver. Used the ever faithful canned corn and red worms. Felt great having the tilapia on the other end of the line; it awoke my fishing nostrils once more and am now on the lookout for more fishing scent trails. I will be visiting Balboa every now and then for some tilapia and carp action (maybe even some pleco).

I was thinking of paying a visit to the local Magic Johnson Park. If anyone has any tips or advice it will be appreciated. What other fishing spots here in south LA are recommended for some panfish/carp action? I was looking into the following and am searching for reports as I type:

Alondra Park
Hollenbeck Park
Kenneth Hahn
Lincoln Park

Hope to meet some of you along my fishing journey through these local parks. Looking forward to my first fishing report.

Hello.. If you ever make it out to lincoln park, just look for the asian guy with the cowboy hat. It's my home fishing pond. So far I have not seen anyone pull out a carp or ever witness one. There are tons of smaller panfish/bass though. Good luck!

SmellsLikeFishing85
08-15-2013, 05:26 PM
Hello! I'll be sure to stop by and say hello if I see you on my visit there. Thanks for the info, if the carp are in there they may be of a finicky type, nothing to lose in trying! The small panfish/bass will be perfect for my light setup. Thank you!