PDA

View Full Version : yorba regional

reelgurlzfish
08-13-2013, 07:32 PM
Do They Get Their Catfish From Dfg, Who I know Isn't stocking Currently, Or Is There Any Chance They Have Been StockedBy Another Source? Want To Take MY Nephew SundayTo Go After Cats But If They Haven't Stocked All Summer His Chances Are Slim To catch his first kitty

any info is apprecuated

aggs234
08-13-2013, 11:11 PM
wurd... well as for my experience i have caught more cats at yorba iinda, than bass at times.... i mean ill be throwing swimbaits and ill land a cat... i seem to do well with soft or hard gill swim baits. i work them slow in the big , murky dirty pond.
the clear water they may be more hesitant..

if ur cat fish with bait then id suggest the big murky lake...fish the points with bait... mackerall etc w/ scents.. bait and wait.. move from point to point wait n bait staying for 1-2 hrs leaving ur line in 15-20 mins , then re bait or re cast if no bites.
keep ur line tight and listen for a bell ring or line movement... dont be to concerned in casting far and deep although depending on time of day they may goo deep..

when i catch , it usually happens real early / sun up or real late b4 close when is about to set... or it gets dim b4 dark.. at that point ud be surprised the are sometimes 5 feet or less off shore, sticking close to the banks for
bait fish or gill type baits.. or bait..

i mostly fish for bass like i said but.. i end up landing cats.. in the brown lake water..

I've seen a cpl in the clear lake ponds.. but they are deep and move fast.. soo cast launch far..

good luck...

remember keep moving , make sure ur bait is fresh and whole and not tampered with . they may bite off pieces or suck it off the hook with u not paying attention..
use light line and medium hooks for better chances... but yess there are big cats in there if u do land the big ones.. ull be glad ur using 12lb and up 15 20 depending if its over 8 or 10 lbs..

they are there though , maybe not stocked from dfg cuz.. of the lack of funds and tax dollars... but the ones that have grew over time have grown and lurk around.. some with battle scars, bite marks...
some maybe 5-7 yrs old surviving....

use that lip rippers scent ... on mack.. patience and enjoy..

peace.. aggs the angler /

I*B*CATCHIN
08-14-2013, 05:55 PM
Not trying to hi -jack , but how's the carp action

DockRat
08-14-2013, 07:24 PM
You should check out the Aquaduct sometime RGF, Go on a Sunday for min traffic.

http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/showthread.php?75177-Different-Species-Target

Yah, howz the Carp action there ?

IBC I was checking out Artesia and Vermont Wilmington Drain looks fishy ?
You can see it good at the U Pick U Save junkyard parking lot N of Artesia on Vermont. The river opens up there and some vegetation and birds. By Home Depot. Might be Carp in there, check it out. Looks pretty clean for Ghetto water. Easy access. Checked LA River @ Willow. No Carp seen from the bridge yesterday.
DR

I*B*CATCHIN
08-14-2013, 08:01 PM
Funny thing that you mentioned artesia / vermont last month i stopped across the street from arco to check the north side looks good for micro fishing , but i do need to check south side by the old motocross park ...i guess great minds think a like ... cgc headquarters is getting low , low , low ..but the clean up is on schedule. ...there in the southeast corner right now
You should check out the Aquaduct sometime RGF, Go on a Sunday for min traffic.

http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/showthread.php?75177-Different-Species-Target

Yah, howz the Carp action there ?

IBC I was checking out Artesia and Vermont Wilmington Drain looks fishy ?
You can see it good at the U Pick U Save junkyard parking lot N of Artesia on Vermont. The river opens up there and some vegetation and birds. By Home Depot. Might be Carp in there, check it out. Looks pretty clean for Ghetto water. Easy access. Checked LA River @ Willow. No Carp seen from the bridge yesterday.
DR

fishfrenzy
08-15-2013, 09:30 PM

I have seen some schools of 6-8 carp swimming around the middle lake. I'm not sure what they weigh but they are around 2-3ft long. There is a gold and white one that swims around with the other brown ones, it may be a koi. I personally have never caught any carps there but I saw one guy catch a couple using balls of white bread in the east(murky) and middle lakes while I was trying for bass.