PDA

View Full Version : Aug 10, 2013 report

Micropterus salmoides
08-13-2013, 02:00 PM
Got out on the water pretty late (2:00pm). It was a last minute trip since my buddy called me to see if I wanted to go catch these deep water bass. I know I've said many times before I don't like launching on the weekends just due to the fact that there are way too many idots on PWC. But for some reason this Saturday was not that crowded. It was a slow bite at first, we tried the dam, tire reef, and the trench with little luck. Either the bluegills are smacking the lures or it's a very inactive bass. After much trolling the backside and the island still no luck. By this time it began to cool off and the sun was going down. We hit the point west and east of the marina. Around 6:00pm my buddy was able to land a 1lbs'er and I landed 2 trolling the points. Around 8:00pm the bite began to pick up but as all of you know it's time to pull the boat out the water by then. So we did that, park the boat and hit the docks. I was able to land another 1.5lbs'er if that. Total catch of the day was 6 total. It was very tough fishing but at least we didn't skunk.

While parking the boat, we chat with some old timers on a very nice Ranger boat. Guess they launched around the same time as we did and said they did not get a single nibble, strike, or even a tap. Guess that is the circumstances around fishing.

Sorry no pictures this time as I lost my phone with all the fishing pictures on it. :Evil:

Till next time, keep the lines tight and happy fishing.