PDA

View Full Version : Bbl 8-10

Fresh H2O Bill
08-13-2013, 05:58 AM
Morning,

I went up to the house this past weekend to do a little work and a little fishing. I tubed Saturday morning chasing the bass and crappie again. I was out for only 3 hours, putting in at Pine Knot Landing. I worked the jetty area for a bit and had a couple of taps, but that was it.

I then decided to head east down past B's BBQ and work an area I had not worked before. The water was shallow and like most of the lake right now, was strangled with weed growth. I worked the deeper edge of the weed line for nothing. On the way back in I was able to pick up a half dozen crappie but that was it for the day.

The fishing has been tough for me this summer at The Bear. Besides the mid-May to mid-June period, the bass have been slow for me. Even the crappie have been spotty. But, any day on that lake is awesome, catching fish or not.

Tight lines,

Bill

Matthew 4:19

etaggart
08-14-2013, 06:07 AM
Hey Bill! Sorry I missed you Saturday and Sunday. Saturday I started at Windy Point for a couple small LMBs deep by the bouys then moved to the west-end looking for trout. Caught three, but couldn't land any of them - very light bites that didn't hold while reeling in. Had a handful of other taps. Sunday I started at Pine Knot jetty for a bass skunk but a few crappie. Moved to Boulder Bay where I picked up 6 LMBs - all tiny babies caught on the fly ;) I don't think those count. Got a few crappie, but that was all. Worked the docs on the east side of the bay as well as the drop-off and the inner bay.

Bass tourney was going, but some of the guys I talked to said they were only catching dinks. Not sure if they finally found where the big boys are living this year.

Tough days fishin, but beautiful location and weather.

Cheers,

Eric

Fresh H2O Bill
08-15-2013, 07:32 AM
Hey Eric,

Glad to hear you had some success finding the mossies. I talked to a couple of guys that were fishing other areas of the lake and they all said pretty much the same thing, slow and small. Hopefully it will pick up. Good to hear you hooked the trout, at least they wanted to play.

I'll be up to the house Labor Day weekend so if you're up maybe we can chase em' together.

Until next time,

Bill

Matthew 4:19

pupfish
08-15-2013, 09:43 AM
I have not been up to BBL for a few weeks now, but the last time I was up there the weeds were so thick in some areas that it seemed like you could almost walk across them. So my guess is that the better greenbacks are happily buried in that thick muck. I just need to figure out which weed patches have the most potential and then try to find the right technique to pull them out. Thanks for your reports guys, I enjoy reading about you adventures when I don't have the time for my own.