PDA

View Full Version : Courtright Reservior?

Slayinpigssince93
08-13-2013, 01:37 AM
Hello there fellow fnnr's I am going to be heading out to courtright Reservior the end of the month for some offroading on the dusy urshim trail and found out that we will be camping at the reservior. So I am planning on doing some fishing because I can't pass up the chance for some action.

But since it will be my first time I was wondering if I could get some tips&info from anyone that has been there in the past or recently it would be greatly appriciated anything at all.

Thank You in advance and tight lines!! 😃

MustHuntAndFish
08-14-2013, 11:06 AM
I usually go there every Labor Day weekend but my boat is out of commission. We usually camp across the lake and the fishing is always good this time of year.

If you're out there for off roading then I take it that you will obviously be fishing from shore.

Getting on the lake and trolling gives you a chance for bigger units and Browns but it should be easy limits of bows from shore with PB. Try different colors but it shouldn't really matter. Nightcrawlers might get you a Brown.

Anywhere from shore is good but since you'll be on the Ducy trail try towards the back of the lake where you'll be away from the crowds.

Please post a report when you get back. I'd like to see what I missed since I'm not going there this year.

Good luck!

Slayinpigssince93
08-14-2013, 10:38 PM
Thanks a lot MustHuntAndFish

I really appreciate the info

Ill make sure to keep u posted when I get back ��

Slayinpigssince93
08-27-2013, 12:23 AM
So here it is...

We arrived at courtright reservoir around 6 a.m. and I was tired from the 7 hour drive so didnt get a chance to do some fishing. Woke up the next day and hit the dusy ershim trail did some offroading for 12 hours and got to ershim lake around 9:30 p.m. had dinner and hit the sack. Saturday was the day I decided to do some damage, ate breakfast and hit the lake around 10. Used a gold castmaster medium sized and hooked a fish in about 10 minutes; reeled it in and what do I see a nice German brown. After that caught 4 more in about an hour not one stocked rainbow was hooked just nice wild browns.

That concludes my fishing ffnrs thanks for reading.

Tight lines!!! :Fishing Hole:

MustHuntAndFish
08-27-2013, 01:58 PM
Sound like you fished Ershim instead of Courtwright. Good job on limiting out on Browns. It's just nice being out there but catching some native browns is icing on the cake! Are the lakes really low? That's beautiful country no matter what but I really love seeing those lakes filled all the way up.

Slayinpigssince93
08-28-2013, 12:32 AM
Icing on the cake indeed man, from what I saw it seemed like they were low. It wasn't beautiful it was more like breathtaking, I like to call my self the country boy that's stuck in the city lol.