PDA

View Full Version : Super short mainly dissapointing session ends with a bang

Slickwill43
08-10-2013, 07:22 PM
Hit CDM early this morning as I could only scrape away 1.5 hours to fish

Threw the squid out on a dropper with a claw foot and hoped for the same kind of action I got last week

An hour went by with only 2 visible hits that didn't hook and a bunch of cut looking squid on my hooks (Darn Crabs! or so I think heh)

Changed location and tossed it back out with a every few minutes slow retrieve to see if anyone would show interest and then BAM!
Great take and an actual fight from a 2.5 ft Leopard shark woot!

It was all fun until I realize upon pulling him onto the sand that he has totally wrapped himself completely insanely in my entire leader
and I have to cut it all off him to get him unhooked snap a pic and send him on his way.

Still better than getting blanked!

sshaffr812
08-10-2013, 07:44 PM
Nice fish! I'm glad you selflessly cut your line to save the fish.

-Steve

bachiboy
08-10-2013, 09:57 PM
Nice going with the skunkbuster and kudos to going extra lengths to make sure it was released safely. Those guys sure get squirrelly when hooked but, if released properly, can grow up to be someone's catch of a lifetime. :Wink:

Congrats and thanks for sharing!
Don

murrieta angler
08-11-2013, 10:00 AM
Nice looking Leo!
Robert
<><

Slickwill43
08-12-2013, 03:06 PM
Thanks guys, I am always glad to escape the skunk, I think its time to start targeting other species though, I love the Leos but I think I need to give the LC a more serious go and be willing to risk skunks to get me some Butts!