PDA

View Full Version : please help

fishingdad5383
08-09-2013, 10:38 AM
Well im taking my son who is 6 years old fishing in the harbor this weekend on Sunday, I want it to be a good experience for him so I was holding to some info on a decent spot in any harbor from las al to dana point, fishing mainly for croaker cause they are common we will be using live ghost shrimp. I used to be an active member of the board under "fishinginmyblood" but the past years have kept me busy with 3 kids lol. Myoldest asked me to take him fishing :) so I just want to be able to gave a good day with him and some fish so any help would be awesome, thanks!

titos334
08-09-2013, 11:20 PM
I only know about Dana Point Harbor. If you're trying to target croaker specifically I'd go under the bridge that leads out to the Yacht Club Island. It's definitely hit or miss but there have been big schools breezing through and you have a shot at halibut or sand bass at that spot. You can also try off the rocks by the bait barge, it could be tougher with the young one but I'm sure he'd like it. Dana is typically slow fishing but there are a wide variety of species.

DockRat
08-10-2013, 08:18 AM
Do you have a boat/rental or shore ?

fishingdad5383
08-10-2013, 02:53 PM
I only know about Dana Point Harbor. If you're trying to target croaker specifically I'd go under the bridge that leads out to the Yacht Club Island. It's definitely hit or miss but there have been big schools breezing through and you have a shot at halibut or sand bass at that spot. You can also try off the rocks by the bait barge, it could be tougher with the young one but I'm sure he'd like it. Dana is typically slow fishing but there are a wide variety of species.

Thanks I used to fish there all the time and get nice sand bass off the rocks.

fishingdad5383
08-10-2013, 02:56 PM
Do you have a boat/rental or shore ?

We will be fishing from shore, I used to have a kayak. But sold it cause I had nowhere to keep it but now im in a better position so I want to get another one lol.