PDA

View Full Version : Another quick trip before work.

fishinone
08-08-2013, 10:20 AM
I headed out this morning trying to redeem myself after yesterdays farm trip.

I talked with Bob and Dave while we waited in line. I think Bob was third and I was fourth in line.

The water is a few feet higher than it was yesterday and a little warmer, 75 degrees. I saw very little surface action from the striper but I did see some patches of shad on the surface. I saw few places where it looked like there had been small boils but I didn't see the boils.

I stopped and fished the KPN on some visible back fins. I got hit twice and had one follow the lure for 20 ft without hitting but didn't get any takers.

I found a little better grade of schoolies while trolling today, after rolling on by some schools of dinks. I hit my limit after catching a couple of the slightly larger ones and decided to throw some little ones back. I pitched 4 small ones and kept one small one that was already belly up.

Of coarse after I took the time to do that I had to go find the school again. I found them after a couple passes but they weren't as cooperative. Before I left I kept 2 more smaller ones so that I would have a limit.

http://i454.photobucket.com/albums/qq265/fishinone/bf3a5f9c-7edc-4d43-abdc-ba7f62fb37dc_zpse01ba7f1.jpg (http://s454.photobucket.com/user/fishinone/media/bf3a5f9c-7edc-4d43-abdc-ba7f62fb37dc_zpse01ba7f1.jpg.html)

No big ones came out to play for for me today but I did see a few big fish jump today, they are coming up.

MikesOcean
08-08-2013, 10:39 AM
Great job on the morning dedication you sick animal. :)

Your fish is coming!

Oh and I think I am due for some DD myself. Hehe

fishinone
08-08-2013, 10:46 AM
Great job on the morning dedication you sick animal. :)

Your fish is coming!

Oh and I think I am due for some DD myself. Hehe

I think your due too! Go get them.

CAPT'N
08-08-2013, 11:07 AM
Nice job Ron, Hows the net ?
;-)

661Bass'n
08-08-2013, 12:25 PM
Nice way to start off your day, I hope me and my wife can have similiar success tomorrow...

flyhigh123
08-08-2013, 12:27 PM
you are so lucky you live close enough for the morning trips.... arg... living in la, i'm an hour+ out... what i wouldn't give to fish a few hours everyday,.....

keep living the dream ron!

fishinone
08-08-2013, 12:35 PM
Nice job Ron, Hows the net ?
;-)

I brought the net today. That's why I didn't need it.

Nice way to start off your day, I hope me and my wife can have similiar success tomorrow...

Good luck tomorrow!

you are so lucky you live close enough for the morning trips.... arg... living in la, i'm an hour+ out... what i wouldn't give to fish a few hours everyday,.....

keep living the dream ron!

I wish that I could keep it up every day but I need to sleep too.

Fishbones
08-08-2013, 03:15 PM
Hows the net ?
;-)

lol, funny guy,, 36" fish is not funny as it swims away... poor ron..