PDA

View Full Version : Mid-Day Fishing Today

ErikAllen17
08-08-2013, 09:04 AM
I'm heading down towards Long Beach today around 10:30am for a few hours of surf fishing. Somewhere near Belmont Park most likely. Gotta try out the new rod. If anyone wants to join me, please feel free to come on over and wet a line.

ErikAllen17
08-08-2013, 01:32 PM
Fished the jetty past the pier... along with 3 other anglers on the beach and about 10 on the jetty. I only had 3 quarters on me and no one had change, so I had 45 min to try and hook up. Well, skunked again on the beach. Oh well. Came back to work and will sit at my desk dreaming about fishing all day tomorrow on my day off. I'm taking a buddy of mine who has never fished the ocean... should be fun!

LGHT
08-08-2013, 04:58 PM
Been wanting to try out surf fishing, but haven't gotten out yet. I'm down in Newport area. What do you normally target? I've seen post of guys getting perch and then hali and sharks? Seems like 2 different setups to me...

ErikAllen17
08-12-2013, 11:01 AM
I don't "target" really anything specific... I just fish to see the rod bend. I usually setup with a Carolina Rig or "Fishfinder Rig" and slowly reel in while walking up and down the beach.