PDA

View Full Version : Saturday August 3 Slay Fest

DMS
08-03-2013, 10:45 PM
I was thinking of hitting the troll today, but since I picked up some really good bait this week, I had to start out with the B&W first. third in line and met HardCorey who was going out with Fishinone and Kahn. Also Bassfan... Finally they opened the gate and we headed out for adventure. We set up and lost the first fish, a small one when he went under the boat and around the anchor, then spit the hook. all quiet and no water coming in and I get a nice fish. Before I can unhook it, Lulu is on with 4# test and the fish is smoking drag like a tuna. lulu plays it like a pro and as I am wondering if the fish is going all the way to Pyramid, another rod goes down hard. I'm on and in about 10 minutes have my 5# striper. Lulu is still playing around with hers and finally subdues the beast after about 25 minutes. Then another rod goes down and we have no bait in the water and 4 rods with fish hooks in fish. I take them all off and discover my camera is back at home, but we save the day with my cell phone camera!

We continue the atrocities for quite a while and are half way to limits by 8:30. We pick up a few as the hours roll on and fishinone, corey, kahn and bassfan are all in the area. Lulu has learned about "farming" now and had fun laughing when I farmed one. LOL. Ron and crew were picking a bit and finally the action was dead... so

Now it is time to troll and we run to the trolling spot and easily pick off the rest of our limits by 2 or so. when we were down to the last fish to limits, both rods took off and we pulled in a double and single tangled together and toss back 2 and off to the barn.

Turns out our 20 fish limit weighs 47#.

What a great day with Lulu, fish, friends and great bait.

DMS

TroutOnly
08-04-2013, 09:25 AM
way to slay dan ,we were going to baitfish fri but i forgot my dines in the freezer so we trolled all day,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,T/O,,,,,,,,,,,

Hitts0n
08-04-2013, 04:06 PM
Yesterday was great at the lake !!

Hardcor
08-04-2013, 04:52 PM
It was nice to meet you Dan and Lulu ! Another great day for you two !

http://youtu.be/DYQD_cL2yjs

fishinone
08-05-2013, 05:42 PM
It's always a pleasure seeing you and Lulu out at the lake and besides that, you guys catch a lot of fish.

DMS
08-05-2013, 09:10 PM
It's always a pleasure seeing you and Lulu out at the lake and besides that, you guys catch a lot of fish.

Likewise guys!

MikesOcean
08-05-2013, 09:49 PM
GREAT JOB DMS. You never seem to fail out there weather it's baiting or trolling. You got it dialed in my friend.

And those are some very nice fish. Keep the reports there great!!

DMS
08-05-2013, 10:24 PM
Thanks MO... We had an 8, a couple 5's, 5 at 4 and 12 schoolies in our bag. We lost two nice ones to line failures on hookset too. I have been using a old rod that I had in high school and it is fun except the the guides are grooved. I have to retire it as I think the line is getting damage in the fights.
We are really having fun. Also really having fun with some new FNN friends out there.

fishinone
08-06-2013, 10:57 AM
Thanks MO... We had an 8, a couple 5's, 5 at 4 and 12 schoolies in our bag. We lost two nice ones to line failures on hookset too. I have been using a old rod that I had in high school and it is fun except the the guides are grooved. I have to retire it as I think the line is getting damage in the fights.
We are really having fun. Also really having fun with some new FNN friends out there.

I have a bunch broken rods. You're welcome to have a set of eyes off of one of them. That way i can get a broken rod out of my garage. What length is the pole?

Hitts0n
08-06-2013, 09:57 PM
=) Slayage !!

DMS
08-07-2013, 05:39 AM
I have a bunch broken rods. You're welcome to have a set of eyes off of one of them. That way i can get a broken rod out of my garage. What length is the pole?

I will take a look and let you know!