PDA

View Full Version : Shaver Lake

USCisbeast22
08-02-2013, 09:32 PM
Anybody know anything about it? I am from north OC and I will be going to Shaver lake for the first time this sunday with my scout troop. We are staying for a week at a place called camp Chawanakee. Any tips are appreciated. I am willing to catch anything that will bite but I like smallmouth fishing. Thanks!

Trout-Tuna-For.Me
08-02-2013, 09:46 PM
USC

I've fished Shaver mostly for trout but have caught some smallies at the dam. I'm sure wherever there's structure in the lake smallies will be there.
I've caught them on Rapalas, grubs, and live crickets close to the rocks on the east side of the dam.
The scout camp is on the far side of the lake and you'll have to drive to the dam. I'm sure the scout leaders will want the kids to stay near the camp, and you'll be able to go out on your own to the dam.
Right now the trout are a little deeper and PB or inflated nightcrawlers usually works, which can also be caught off the rocks by the dam.
Hope this helps

TTFM

USCisbeast22
08-02-2013, 09:55 PM
USC

I've fished Shaver mostly for trout but have caught some smallies at the dam. I'm sure wherever there's structure in the lake smallies will be there.
I've caught them on Rapalas, grubs, and live crickets close to the rocks on the east side of the dam.
The scout camp is on the far side of the lake and you'll have to drive to the dam. I'm sure the scout leaders will want the kids to stay near the camp, and you'll be able to go out on your own to the dam.
Right now the trout are a little deeper and PB or inflated nightcrawlers usually works, which can also be caught off the rocks by the dam.
Hope this helps

TTFM

thanks for the info

billy b
08-07-2013, 06:03 PM
He SC

Jes Kurios ... do you have a connection with the famous school ... USC?

USCisbeast22
08-10-2013, 04:37 PM
He SC

Jes Kurios ... do you have a connection with the famous school ... USC?

family went there

sierraslam
08-11-2013, 09:51 AM
There was a fire burning near Shaver Lake. Maybe mostly out now. The smoke came over the crest to the east side and really made things a mess. Might want to check it out. Go Cardinal!

USCisbeast22
08-12-2013, 11:05 AM
There was a fire burning near Shaver Lake. Maybe mostly out now. The smoke came over the crest to the east side and really made things a mess. Might want to check it out. Go Cardinal!

Yeah while we were there we saw it come over the hills next to the lake as the sun was going down. Made for an excellent picture