PDA

View Full Version : Ford or Fairmont??

FaLLeNxNiNjA
08-02-2013, 08:58 PM
which one should I go to and any tips?

castle
08-03-2013, 06:56 AM
Don't forget about the little lake in San Bernardino also.

tree
08-03-2013, 07:47 AM
Fairmount park has been on the rebound since that massive flooding a while back. There are aerators in the lake now and the water clarity is slowly getting better. There are still big carp (catch em with bread and tortillas) and some catfish (poptarts lmao). Bass are harder to catch, but they're there.

Haven't been to Ford park in over a year, so I have no idea which is better.

fishmounter
08-03-2013, 10:23 AM
Saw a kid catch an 8 pound bass at Fairmount recently. Also heard talk of a 13 pounder being caught..

DEVOREFLYER
08-03-2013, 10:28 AM
Saw a kid catch an 8 pound bass at Fairmount recently. Also heard talk of a 13 pounder being caught..

Pictures or it didn't happen. :Envious:

FaLLeNxNiNjA
08-03-2013, 12:17 PM
I might go to fairmount Monday, how's rancho since its in the area haven't been there in a while

fishmounter
08-03-2013, 12:30 PM
Sorry, no pics from me. I was just walking the dog around the lakes and did not have a camera. My phone does not have a camera either. It really happened, I ain't lying!

CrownTown
08-03-2013, 04:38 PM
The only big bass I've seen caught at Fairmount are by people using crawdads or bluegill, tough lake to fish with artificials. Good luck if you go

sumodnb
08-04-2013, 12:28 AM
Ford has been super tough lately... A spinnerbait will usually catch 1 or 2 on the top lake....poppers work at dusk...but the rest of the day is usually spent watching bass follow your worms to shore then laugh at you. There is the rare occasion though that a white super fluke murders em, you have to walk them till you are near grass then let them fall to the bottom, be ready to set the hook rather quickly because the few bass that are there are very wary.

fishmounter
08-07-2013, 10:21 AM
At Fairmont, I have seen some big bass caught on live bait, but I've actually seen more big ones caught on artificials. I never use bait, and I've caught lots of "over 5s".

DEVOREFLYER
08-07-2013, 11:21 AM
Fishmounter I was just pullin' your leg. I know there are large ones in Fairmont, when I was a small child my grandmother introduced me to fishing at Fairmont Park, put a rope around my waist and tied it to a tree to keep me from fallin' in. lol Monster Carp were also in the lake back then and I mean monster Carp. My financial planner is in one of the building across from the park and I drove thru several weeks ago. Many years ago you could park at the curb on the west end and fish, not today. I also did not see any Peacocks as they were thick many years ago are they still around?

fishmounter
08-07-2013, 02:30 PM
That's OK, I'm used to it. I've got longer legs from all the pullin'! No peacocks anymore, but there's wild parrots now.

castle
08-10-2013, 05:56 AM
I went to Ford a few days ago and the lower lake looked trashed up. Nightcrawler boxes all over the ground and even peoples fishing line on the ground.A saw a small dead bass floating next to the shore also.Too much pressure on them now.

FaLLeNxNiNjA
08-10-2013, 08:57 PM
yea I went there yesterday. It was slow so I decided to fish for small bluegills to beat the skunk.. seen a big one swimming around on the top lake.. the water lvl was way lower on top I heard they're supposed to fix the ponds

sumodnb
08-13-2013, 12:02 AM
Lots o pressure these days... seems like fishing is on the upswing, which is great but not for small ponds like ford. Thats why i go to fishermans retreat, empty on the weekdays and lots of fish.

castle
08-17-2013, 01:57 PM
Ford is super slow now.