View Full Version : 7/30 New Lo An

FKNChristopH
08-02-2013, 05:53 PM
Short report:

6 bluefin to 34#
Lost 4+ more due to tangles and saw off's
Great boat, hard working crew.. I will be back

Longer report:
Trucked all night and into the morning to get all the way down. Apparently we went like 90-100 miles down. 2 main stops that produced 100+ bluefin in 4 hours of fishing. I fished my Performance Tackle custom wrapped Phenix PHD760xh with a trinidad 20. 65# spectra and 50# fluoro top shot and the rest of the fish were caught on a Performance Tackle custom wrapped Phenix PSW908MH with a trinidad 14 (65# spectra and 40# mono when the fish went stupid). I had a great time. I hooked a lot more that were sawed off and pulled hooks due to slack line of others or simultaneous pulling by other people who thought they were hooked up with my fish. The crew worked their asses off to get tangles out but when its that hectic, they cant do it all. The food was good even though the cook wasnt feeling too good. Hope he gets better! This boat rides beautifully and I cant wait to get back out there.

Made a little video

Side note.. went with another type of music genre this time, hope you like it.. if you dont, just mute it and play your own ;]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34dDMYLmq4w

Enjoi

*shakka*

Perris_holic
08-02-2013, 06:34 PM
That's beautiful bro. Was that some dodos on the deck also? I'm going on a 2day later this month and it can't come soon enough

jaggerbub
08-02-2013, 10:02 PM
You got me pumped up for my 3.5 day coming up next month with that video. Thanks for sharing...

DockRat
08-02-2013, 10:46 PM
Awesome report and vid. Except for the Jzey. Lol
Thanks, DR

FKNChristopH
08-03-2013, 11:29 AM
DR doesnt like Jay-Z? Weak LOL

We got into some dodos, I had my shot at them but due to lack of skill on the boat, I lost em all.

*shakka*

skildfisher
08-03-2013, 02:05 PM
Sweet video and track! It would be awesome to catch one of those BFT, pretty cool toward the end when one of yours is boated you can see dodos all over the deck. Ive been thinking about doing a 1.5 on the grande or new lo an but it seems like you need skills just to maneuver the deck! How many people were on your trip?

FKNChristopH
08-03-2013, 03:38 PM
32 anglers.. only a handful knew what they were doing.

*shakka*

etucker1959
08-03-2013, 07:07 PM
32 anglers.. only a handful knew what they were doing.

*shakka*

Great report and video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think the boat and captain is one of the best, but 32 fisherman in a good bite is a tough nut to handle. In recent years I've opted for the smaller boats with say 16 fisherman on them, less people less problems!!!!

db2437
08-09-2013, 03:04 PM
Short report:

6 bluefin to 34#
Lost 4+ more due to tangles and saw off's
Great boat, hard working crew.. I will be back

Longer report:
Trucked all night and into the morning to get all the way down. Apparently we went like 90-100 miles down. 2 main stops that produced 100+ bluefin in 4 hours of fishing. I fished my Performance Tackle custom wrapped Phenix PHD760xh with a trinidad 20. 65# spectra and 50# fluoro top shot and the rest of the fish were caught on a Performance Tackle custom wrapped Phenix PSW908MH with a trinidad 14 (65# spectra and 40# mono when the fish went stupid). I had a great time. I hooked a lot more that were sawed off and pulled hooks due to slack line of others or simultaneous pulling by other people who thought they were hooked up with my fish. The crew worked their asses off to get tangles out but when its that hectic, they cant do it all. The food was good even though the cook wasnt feeling too good. Hope he gets better! This boat rides beautifully and I cant wait to get back out there.

Made a little video

Side note.. went with another type of music genre this time, hope you like it.. if you dont, just mute it and play your own ;]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34dDMYLmq4w

Enjoi

*shakka*

We were on that boat the 29th and slayed them!!! Best crew I have ever seen!!! Caught my PB, a 60 pound BFT.

Fish Dog
08-09-2013, 05:35 PM
Yeah, nice video --- Too bad it had the gansta rap BS on it with the f bombs, n word and female dog references. Guess you didn't want any member's kids or younger members to see this? Seems to me if you were typing any (or all) of those words in your post the mods would likely suspend or ban you. I know you said that if we didn't like it we could turn it down but you should have warned that the language was inappropriate for younger people or to watch at work, you could get someone fired if the wrong person walked by someone's desk at the wrong time.

OK, flame suit on...those that disagree go ahead and flame me.

Perris_holic
08-09-2013, 08:13 PM
When you are fighting a fish with a conventional reel do you need to control the line lay with your thumb?

shiromaguro88
08-10-2013, 12:11 AM
Great trip Christoph. I went on the Pacific Queen 1 1/2 fishing on the 7//24 and had similar results. Boat ended up with 130 blufin, 60 plus yellowtails and handful of dodos. The blufin ranged between 25-40 lbs. As the day progress they got larger. There were a few 50 plus landed. The jackpot went for 80lbs. Lots of anglers where wiped out after landing these fish all day. A few of the 50 plus where landed by the deckhands since the anglers simply gave up handed the rod over. After landing 3 blufin between 30-40lbs. I went to my heavy duty 2 speed reel with forty lb test without flouro. These blufin bit the straight 40 lbs test mono. I ended up with 4 blufin 30lbs-40lbs and 3 yellowtails. Lost 3 more.

FKNChristopH
08-11-2013, 12:58 AM
Yeah, nice video --- Too bad it had the gansta rap BS on it with the f bombs, n word and female dog references. Guess you didn't want any member's kids or younger members to see this? Seems to me if you were typing any (or all) of those words in your post the mods would likely suspend or ban you. I know you said that if we didn't like it we could turn it down but you should have warned that the language was inappropriate for younger people or to watch at work, you could get someone fired if the wrong person walked by someone's desk at the wrong time.

OK, flame suit on...those that disagree go ahead and flame me.

With all thats going on in today's environment and what's on our televisions ("16 and pregnant for example"), I'm sure our youth wouldn't be too offended by this genre of music. I did put a disclaimer.. I also inputed the artist's name so if you were familiar with Jigga Man aka HOV aka JAY Z, you'd know what to expect with his lyrics. Sorry if it offended you.

When you are fighting a fish with a conventional reel do you need to control the line lay with your thumb?

I dont know why I do that but its a bad habit. Adds just that little extra tension.

Great trip Christoph. I went on the Pacific Queen 1 1/2 fishing on the 7//24 and had similar results. Boat ended up with 130 blufin, 60 plus yellowtails and handful of dodos. The blufin ranged between 25-40 lbs. As the day progress they got larger. There were a few 50 plus landed. The jackpot went for 80lbs. Lots of anglers where wiped out after landing these fish all day. A few of the 50 plus where landed by the deckhands since the anglers simply gave up handed the rod over. After landing 3 blufin between 30-40lbs. I went to my heavy duty 2 speed reel with forty lb test without flouro. These blufin bit the straight 40 lbs test mono. I ended up with 4 blufin 30lbs-40lbs and 3 yellowtails. Lost 3 more.

Yea when they bit, they were biting straight 40# no problem. Glad to hear you got on them!

*shakka*

Perris_holic
08-11-2013, 05:08 PM
So do you need to control the line lay or no. I went out on a overnight on the sea adventure 2 and when I hooked up I forgot to control the line lay I was just focusing on landing the fish. So I am still not sure if it is necessary or not to control the line lay with your thumb when using a conventional.

FKNChristopH
08-12-2013, 12:35 PM
So do you need to control the line lay or no. I went out on a overnight on the sea adventure 2 and when I hooked up I forgot to control the line lay I was just focusing on landing the fish. So I am still not sure if it is necessary or not to control the line lay with your thumb when using a conventional.

You NEED to control the line lay. You dont want the line to spool up onto one side only and then the reel wont turn anymore. I thought you meant the thumb pressing down on the line.. Sorry for the confusion.

*shakka*

Perris_holic
08-12-2013, 04:21 PM
Ok thanks for the info. How do you guy hook your bait? Nostril to nostril or mouth out through the nostril?

Frequent Flyer
08-12-2013, 05:40 PM
Ok thanks for the info. How do you guy hook your bait? Nostril to nostril or mouth out through the nostril?

either butt hook it or 1/4 oz sliding sinker nose hooked

shiromaguro88
08-12-2013, 10:55 PM
Butt hook is the best method they take off like a rocket. You really don't even have to cast it. The bait will do the work. Also bait selection is crucial. Try to find the one you cant catch in the bait well and make sure the scales are not bloody like its been raked through coal.

shiromaguro88
08-12-2013, 10:57 PM
Nose is easier to cast and the bait will last longer and also you can get a strike on the retrieve.