PDA

View Full Version : Crowley Lake with Camden 7-28-13

jimmy
08-01-2013, 08:06 AM
Fished Crowley from my Yak on Saturday solo, fishing was very good put 28 to the boat from 8-11:30 until the wind pushed me off the lake.

Went out the next day with my boy, little nervous as it was the first time we made the big lake trip. And with tons of boats, I wanted to make sure he would respect the folks around.

Well he did great, Fished from 8-11 about the same time as the day before. We put 11 on the boat, with many, many misses.

Here is a littel video I put together....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G45rDl6_fzs

The Fish are stacked in McGee... Go getum if you can....

Jimmy

Joshua
08-05-2013, 08:27 PM
Jimmy
Awesome video. Glad to see the lil dude sportin a life vest. Kids dont float. I dig your setup. I absolutely dont have room for a boat but I could put a kayak onto of the trailer. I was at cabelas this weekend and they had several different types. I was wondering if you could make a recommendation. I have a young son of my own (actually 2) but will take only one with me
Thanks. You are a good dad. When your son gets older we will realize how bad ***** you are.

Fished Crowley from my Yak on Saturday solo, fishing was very good put 28 to the boat from 8-11:30 until the wind pushed me off the lake.

Went out the next day with my boy, little nervous as it was the first time we made the big lake trip. And with tons of boats, I wanted to make sure he would respect the folks around.

Well he did great, Fished from 8-11 about the same time as the day before. We put 11 on the boat, with many, many misses.

Here is a littel video I put together....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G45rDl6_fzs

The Fish are stacked in McGee... Go getum if you can....

Jimmy

Find the pocket
08-08-2013, 05:08 PM
Great video. Can't believe all the boats.

RichardT
08-11-2013, 01:00 PM

Jimmy

Can I ask what flies you found productive? Thanks

Richard

seal
08-11-2013, 02:07 PM
Fantastic love Crowley. But I am sorry C&R and you stick your fingers in the gill? That is number 1 on the list of do not do's for C&R of a big brown or rainbow or any trout for that matter.

jimmy
08-12-2013, 12:47 PM
It's all about the midge. olive, copper zebra.

jimmy
08-12-2013, 12:50 PM
I have a fish n dive. it is a great yak, and i have had it for a long, long time. They newer yaks like the Jackson and Malibu makes are a little more stable. (newer design)

And then there is the Hobie. Probably the best of them all. They are a little expensive, but if money was no object, thats the one i would go with.

RichardT
08-13-2013, 05:30 PM
thanks. Loved your video. we started our daughter fishing when she was 3, and she caught a 2 lb rainbow just above crowley on the river when she was 4. fun times.

seal
08-13-2013, 09:03 PM
This time of the year make sure and bring some streamers along also. Hare's ear and Pheasant tail flashback droppers off from a red headed Matuka, black or purple crystal bugger, Hornsberg etc.. strip along the weedbeds and channels and don't forget to hold on!