PDA

View Full Version : Sierra Fall brown trout

Troutman65
09-16-2007, 06:33 PM
If you were going to go to the Sierras in the next week and wanted to target the Fall Big brown where would you go fish for one ?

I was thinking of Grant Lake, Rush Creek.

TM65

sansou
09-16-2007, 07:06 PM
It appears you answered your own question!

Ha ha!!

(just giving you grief as usual :D )

Troutman65
09-16-2007, 07:27 PM
Sansou, Sansou, your a funny guy. :wink: I was hoping others would chime in and say what they thought was a good spot to fish for them Fall brown TROUT. I just got it started by what I thought would be a good spot. This is a participation post. Fun for all. :D

TM65

Headhunter
09-16-2007, 07:45 PM
I was at Rush Creek a couple of weeks ago. The water level is L-O-W, but still some good fishing. Didn't make down to Grant, though, but I did hear that they were pulling Browns out of there. Check with the guys at the Silver Lake store/cafe....they usually have the lowdown on what's coming out of Grant.

farmerandy16
09-16-2007, 08:32 PM
i would recomend fishing bridgeport uppertwins or lowetwin lakes.

throw big ac plugs, big rapalas and dont be afraid to fish in choppy windy even rainy condition if your serious about those big browns

goodluck!

-andy

Big Country
09-16-2007, 10:34 PM
Unless it is really a trophy, please think hard about releasing all of the browns.

just a thought!

Devious 1
09-17-2007, 08:32 AM
I second farmer Andy, the upper & lower twin out of Bridgeport are well known for their browns. Don't be afraid to use some big lures and pull them fast...

Good luck!

budman8
09-19-2007, 09:50 PM
I would say where Troutaholic went or the lower owens by pleasant valley resavore! Depends if the snow starts falling this weekend!

Budman8

greeper
09-19-2007, 10:19 PM
i would recomend fishing bridgeport uppertwins or lowetwin lakes.

throw big ac plugs, big rapalas and dont be afraid to fish in choppy windy even rainy condition if your serious about those big browns

goodluck!

-andy

Yup and I'll be up there next week giving it a try