PDA

View Full Version : Newbie Question

katkiller21
07-29-2013, 09:07 AM
Hey everybody! Ive been lurking here for a long time. Great stuff from everybody! I mostly fish fresh water, but recently have started to dabble in the salt water stuff. I went surf fishing for the first time a couple weeks back and as most of you are, I am now hooked. I live up in the desert and dont get to make it to the beaches very often but I want to take my wife and two daughters (2 and 4yrs old) on beach camping trip. Do you guys have any advice on where a good place to fish and let the little ones play in the water would be? My girls are little so they wouldnt be doing much swimming, just getting there toes wet. As far as the camping goes I am looking for a place that allows tent camping with good access to the water and as far as the fishing goes I would be throwing crack and other soft plastics as well as LCs and possibly setting up a bait and wait rod for fun. Im not targeting anything specifically as i am still figuring this surf fishing thing out. Thank you for your time and any info you want to share.

murrieta angler
07-29-2013, 11:02 AM
The chances of you getting a spot right now are slim. You usually need to book way in advance.
I'm not sure about Ventura county.
If you want to do a day trip, try Surfers Beach at San Onofre.
Gate opens at 6:00, be there by 5:00 though, to get a good spot.
The cost is $15 for the day and that runs from 6 till dark.
Robert
<><