PDA

View Full Version : Castic Report for 7/29

FishingwithDave
07-29-2013, 04:26 AM
Armed with intel from the Striper Slayers we ventured out to Castiac on Sunday morning, something I would not normally cause of all the lake lice which were out full force. We were second in line thanks to good guy who could tell I did not know where the formed. I watched him swing and back his boat back up the road to get In line. Being a perfect gentleman, he left an open spot for me. Didn't get his name, but we need more people like him fishing our lakes. Thanks Bro!

It was a very cool 63 morning with high predicted for 85 a solid 20 degrees cooler than Bako. We were first out on the lake and hauled bootie to the fish arm area. Picked up a couple of dinks quickly but the bite stalled. Went down into Elizabeth Canyon where we landed a couple and farmed a few more. Fished there until every Tom, DiICK and Harry with ski boat decided to park their boats any and every where in the area where we were making our runs. Clueless dumb MFrs.. Bailed out and figured out that i had a cove name wrong so we went to that side of the lake I found some much better action from Noon -3pm. We even got our first double and almost a double double. A stinky gree carp got lost and landed in our boat. Looked like some good filets, but we released him.

We ended up catching around 15 and kept 8. Super dinks and the green carp all released, this time.

By the time we hit the dock, it looked like the B&W guys had left the buoy line cause nobody was fishing there.

Sugar Bear had the best time ever and can't wait to do it again. Thanks again Donnie and Mike.

And no boils spotted

FWD

dk4885
07-29-2013, 04:44 AM
Oh yeah Dave and sugar bear slaying out at castaic.

cutbait
07-29-2013, 04:52 AM
WTG Dave and Shugg

Next trip will be off the hook for you guys

Hardcor
07-29-2013, 08:52 AM
WTG Dave and Shugg

Next trip will be off the hook for you guys

Way to fight the week end goobers and still get Sugar Bear fish !

MikesOcean
07-29-2013, 10:34 PM
Great job Dave! Sounds like Victory to me. Especially when your working hard to find them and then all of a sudden BINGO. That didn't seem to happen to me today. Great job!!

fishinone
07-30-2013, 08:04 AM
Nice catch!

I missed the name of that secret cove.

You might want to come back next week. It should be good then.

DockRat
07-30-2013, 07:09 PM
Decent report till the Green Carp part http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb41/joemorelli99/Vomiting-Smilely.gif (http://media.photobucket.com/user/joemorelli99/media/Vomiting-Smilely.gif.html)