PDA

View Full Version : Where's the Sierra hotspots?

KidTrout
07-28-2013, 02:37 PM
Going up there next weekend and I just wanted to know what lakes are producing the best. I will be hitting up Little Virginia, Silver, Mamie, Mary, George, Convict and who knows where else. What lakes are producing lots for you. I was also wondering if they are stalking Alpers in the lakes this week. Also what color of Powers worms and Mini jigs are working best.

Viejo
07-28-2013, 02:53 PM
Going up there next weekend and I just wanted to know what lakes are producing the best. I will be hitting up Little Virginia, Silver, Mamie, Mary, George, Convict and who knows where else. What lakes are producing lots for you. I was also wondering if they are stalking Alpers in the lakes this week. Also what color of Powers worms and Mini jigs are working best.
Every one of the lakes you are going to has been producing fish and has been "stalked" extensively with regular trout plants and Alpers. You have a one in six chance of hitting it out of the ball park. They've all be fishing well at one time or another. Best bet is to simply enjoy where you are at the moment and look forward to the next day's adventure on a new lake.

Tube'n4Trout
07-29-2013, 03:25 AM
Alpers were stocked last week. Convict was a tough bite for a lot of people with the marina employee confirming this. Lake Mamie had plenty of smaller stockers to be caught with a few alpers being brought in by the float tubers. The bigger ones were just out of casting distance for the shore anglers. Shore fishing was also slow at Lake George, but there were some absolute monsters being brought in by the boaters.
Of course, YMMV at any of the lakes there.