PDA

View Full Version : how come?

cutbait
07-25-2013, 07:31 PM
How come only a handful of posters actually put up a report on Castaic?

I was there today and at minimum 100 people fishing. I would say 30 recognized me or Troutonly or DK.

What's the deal? We all know there is enough stripers for all and as many boats at the bouy line there is plenty of room? Spread the love man, don't be such a striper Grinch.

BTW limits for us

flyhigh123
07-25-2013, 07:45 PM
maybe those guys didn't catch any thing and too embarassed to post the skunk? :Slap:

cutbait
07-25-2013, 07:50 PM
maybe those guys didn't catch any thing and too embarassed to post the skunk? :Slap:

Good point. But!

Had they show a level of cooperation and not secrecy those in the know would reciprocate?

Assuming they did skunk ofcourse

etucker1959
07-25-2013, 08:52 PM

I was there today and at minimum 100 people fishing. I would say 30 recognized me or Troutonly or DK.

What's the deal? We all know there is enough stripers for all and as many boats at the bouy line there is plenty of room? Spread the love man, don't be such a striper Grinch.

BTW limits for us

I hope you get some people to respond. If not, let me be the little boy to say the emperor is wearing no cloths.

vampirebret
07-25-2013, 09:13 PM
Maybe a lot of other fisherman are lurkers on here only? By the way, great job on getting your limits out there.

catchingsomefish
07-25-2013, 09:49 PM
Mike, It was nice to finally meet you in person, and to see your boat that you worked so hard to fix up, it looks great. Bob and I had to same results that you did today, I am sure he will post up the pics, nothing big, but pretty much non stop action once we left the flotilla at the buoy line zone.......................Dave

FishingwithDave
07-25-2013, 11:59 PM

BTW limits for us

Dammit, 100 out there today, it's probably gonna be real zoo on Sunday. Got no choice, but to battle the weekend crowd but Sugar Bear's willing to hit the road at 3:30am and try and get in front of some of the crowd. Skunk or no skunk I'll be posting.

My mind tells me to troll early and bait and wait later, but it sounds like B&W at the buoy line is where to go to get some fish in the ice chest. Recommendations? Gotta ask cause I've only trolled at Castaic, can you tie onto the buoy line or do you have to drop anchor?

On a side note, on my way home from work, seen the Duct Killer DK towing his boat through Bako heading north on 99. Small world some days.

cutbait
07-26-2013, 04:27 AM
Dammit, 100 out there today, it's probably gonna be real zoo on Sunday. Got no choice, but to battle the weekend crowd but Sugar Bear's willing to hit the road at 3:30am and try and get in front of some of the crowd. Skunk or no skunk I'll be posting.

My mind tells me to troll early and bait and wait later, but it sounds like B&W at the buoy line is where to go to get some fish in the ice chest. Recommendations? Gotta ask cause I've only trolled at Castaic, can you tie onto the buoy line or do you have to drop anchor?

On a side note, on my way home from work, seen the Duct Killer DK towing his boat through Bako heading north on 99. Small world some days.

Real small world..

I wouldn't bait down :Sad: Not one second

I did and feel behind to DK by almost 20 fish in 1.5 hrs on the fish count

cutbait
07-26-2013, 04:31 AM
Mike, It was nice to finally meet you in person, and to see your boat that you worked so hard to fix up, it looks great. Bob and I had to same results that you did today, I am sure he will post up the pics, nothing big, but pretty much non stop action once we left the flotilla at the buoy line zone.......................Dave

It was cool to "see you again"

Small world it is. We played Golf against eachother back in the early to mid 90's. I remember seeing you walking around the clubhouse with Aoki.

Seeing you with that double hookup on Bob's boat, my boys thought you guys were rockstars.. Then I had to remind them that their dad is a Bako boy.

Keep in touch, maybe golf, or fish someday

trail blazer
07-26-2013, 07:06 AM
Where is this CASTAIC lake that I keep hearing abought?

Would somebody please tell me what a troll is? Everybody keeps getting limits on a troll,,,look,d everywhere for one and cant seem to find one anywhere

WTG my BAKO BOY BROTHER!

Hardcor
07-26-2013, 07:40 AM

BTW limits for us

What kind of report is this ? You went to Castaic with a 100 people and caught limits of baby Stripers ? Where you by yourself or were you sniffing on your own ? Trolling ,Depth,bait

, something ? Your just as bad as the others ! Now give a reel report !

http://youtu.be/CslN9Z4pBOg

pcuser
07-26-2013, 07:43 AM
I hope you get some people to respond. If not, let me be the little boy to say the emperor is wearing no cloths.

I think your point was missed. Right over his head...

Hardcor
07-26-2013, 07:55 AM
People said they saw you catching small Stripers, But the people on the buoy line still said your boat smelled stinky like skunk !

http://youtu.be/wG60OE19ePM

cutbait
07-26-2013, 08:23 AM
Oh look, the two lib nut jobs go all "intellectual" fairy tail again

cutbait
07-26-2013, 08:26 AM
What kind of report is this ? You went to Castaic with a 100 people and caught limits of baby Stripers ? Where you by yourself or were you sniffing on your own ? Trolling ,Depth,bait

, something ? Your just as bad as the others ! Now give a reel report !

http://youtu.be/CslN9Z4pBOg

It is a report of limits!

My boys and I.

30 feesh... small? By your video illustration our feesh were trophies!

Forgive me for not having 12 cameras with an infinite battery source to film the day..

Only you, who push employees to the brink and point your fingers from your lifted truck can afford that Mr.

cutbait
07-26-2013, 08:30 AM

Dave call me. Lost your number

Hardcor
07-26-2013, 08:41 AM
It is a report of limits!

My boys and I.

30 feesh... small? By your video illustration our feesh were trophies!

Forgive me for not having 12 cameras with an infinite battery source to film the day..

Only you, who push employees to the brink and point your fingers from your lifted truck can afford that Mr.

You and your boy caught 30 fish ! Now a leasts that's some sort of report ! What Boy did you take !

The Truck is stock ! There are three camera's with infinite battery ! I'm a pusher of employies ! I'm a brinker ! I can bearly afford gas in my three boats !
Love Corey

http://youtu.be/IXZ_U2c7zlc

trail blazer
07-26-2013, 08:55 AM
Great ,,,,,,,Now its 3 and iv never been on ANY of,m,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Nobody luvs me!

cutbait
07-26-2013, 08:57 AM
You and your boy caught 30 fish ! Now a leasts that's some sort of report ! What Boy did you take !

The Truck is stock ! There are three camera's with infinite battery ! I'm a pusher of employies ! I'm a brinker ! I can bearly afford gas in my three boats !
Love Corey

http://youtu.be/IXZ_U2c7zlc

I can barely afford gas in "my three boats"

Says he

TroutOnly
07-26-2013, 09:32 AM
Carpdink the striper hoard never reports ,they lurk and use other peoples reports for the recon of the lake ,were did you disapere to ,we saw d/k and andrew before they left ,we had to find other areas that hadnt been ransacked by you other troller boats,,,,,,lol,,,,,,,,,,,,

dk4885
07-26-2013, 09:52 AM
Me and Andrew had limits at 9:04am ended with over 50 for the day. Nice seeing you again bob and nice meeting you Dave.

http://i1223.photobucket.com/albums/dd520/dk4885/9D080A54-0192-4112-8E40-6874DDAF0BC2-37866-0000162DC5FE26AE_zps6f27c458.jpg

pcuser
07-26-2013, 09:52 AM
Oh look, the two lib nut jobs go all "intellectual" fairy tail again

It wasn't at all intellectual... That's what made it funny...

Hardcor
07-26-2013, 10:33 AM
Great ,,,,,,,Now its 3 and iv never been on ANY of,m,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Nobody luvs me!

http://youtu.be/4Tj88gAebVQ

Your Time is coming Big Man !

MikesOcean
07-26-2013, 10:39 AM
I'm going to have to agree with you on this CB. kinda BS. I don't think me and AA were very motivated to post up Mondays trip of us killing it. I don't think anyone cares about double limits each of dinks.lol. The only one benefitting is the lurkers. It's all good. It seems just a selected few likes to participate and I'm friends with them. As long as i keep fishing and seeing my buddies reports and getting fired up every time Bob puts a post post up I'm all good. That's all I need. Haha

cutbait
07-26-2013, 11:48 AM

Well now aren't you just the bitter little pill

etucker1959
07-26-2013, 12:37 PM
It wasn't at all intellectual... That's what made it funny...

pcuser, do we have to explain it to them????????????????????????????? The explanation really is a very serious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cutbait
07-26-2013, 12:48 PM
pcuser, do we have to explain it to them????????????????????????????? The explanation really is a very serious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Feel free to explain it..

Lib nut job ego at its best

fishinone
07-26-2013, 01:39 PM
I heard about this intellectual thread and knew you "neeeded" my input.

http://i454.photobucket.com/albums/qq265/fishinone/20130720_080244_zps44c3be2f.jpg (http://s454.photobucket.com/user/fishinone/media/20130720_080244_zps44c3be2f.jpg.html)

Fishing on Saturday was really slow, I only caught 2 of these fishing until about noon. 4.6 and 4.4 lb.

Now, this is a sad story!

I can bearly afford gas in my three boats !
Love Corey

Oh the pain!

etucker1959
07-26-2013, 02:14 PM
Feel free to explain it..

Lib nut job ego at its best

I do have a big ego, but what good fisherman DOESN'T!!!!!!!!!! I'll give you the short short version. The reason why more people don't write fish reports or make videos is because their AFRAID TOO!!!!!!!!! What are they afraid of?????? Haters and paranoids!!!!!!!! I'll give you a recent example of one of the Bako boys fish reports. 3 people questioned the credability of the OP of where he caught his fish. The OP threw down on one of those clowns so fast, it reminded me of the movie Tombstone. Most people won't do that!!!!! Instead they give that famous line "THIS IS WHY I WON'T POST ANY MORE FISH REPORTS ON FNN'. Try posting a video on FNN and see the reaction. If your one of the Reel Brother your ok but anyone else your screwed. There was a video posted last week on Bass fishing and then taken down at the request of an FNN reader. The list goes on and on. See where I'm coming from.

Bassfan
07-26-2013, 02:46 PM

http://i454.photobucket.com/albums/qq265/fishinone/20130720_080244_zps44c3be2f.jpg (http://s454.photobucket.com/user/fishinone/media/20130720_080244_zps44c3be2f.jpg.html)

Fishing on Saturday was really slow, I only caught 2 of these fishing until about noon. 4.6 and 4.4 lb.

Oh the pain!

Wow, what a nice boat, what a good photographer, what incredible captain put you on the lake that day??
Oh yea, now I remember. :) Those were two beautiful fish. For the record, my report for that day was one dink that I threw overboard to make room for 10 like yours. Sometimes plans do go the way you want them to go but it was still a good day.

cutbait
07-26-2013, 03:16 PM
I do have a big ego, but what good fisherman DOESN'T!!!!!!!!!! I'll give you the short short version. The reason why more people don't write fish reports or make videos is because their AFRAID TOO!!!!!!!!! What are they afraid of?????? Haters and paranoids!!!!!!!! I'll give you a recent example of one of the Bako boys fish reports. 3 people questioned the credability of the OP of where he caught his fish. The OP threw down on one of those clown so fast, it reminded me of the movie Tombstone. Most people won't do that!!!!! Instead they give that famous line "THIS IS WHY I WON'T POST ANY MORE FISH REPORTS ON FNN'. Try posting a video on FNN and see the reaction. If your one of the Reel Brother your ok but anyone else your screwed. There was a video posted last week on Bass fishing and then taken down at the request of an FNN reader. The list goes on and on. See where I'm coming from.

First, I really didn't mean for a real explanation as I do know the tale and understood your derogatory remark against me.

Quite ironic isn't it you and pcabuser calingl me the emperor with see thru robe for slammin posters whilst slamming me?

Talk about hypocrit?

Hypocrit example two!

Both of you check my report on the Castaic page for info. Last I remember is zero report from either of you.

Proving once again my point. I am venturing a guess that by your guys reaction one if not both of you were one of the 30 or so staring at us and forming a group behind the boat?

Heck I wouldn't be surprised if pcabuser was not the one weaseling in on our bait spot while we were anchoring and then gripe because my cast was too close to his boat? Sheesh was quite a sight. 100 feet between bob s boat and mine and did we say a word to him even when we were there first? Nope! But he sure did mention if our cast was too close

cutbait
07-26-2013, 03:20 PM

Oh the pain!

Nice fresh Ron.

I tried to latch on to one of those on the bait but text from Dk with 20 in an hour an half was too much of a temptation.

I have concluded the bait bite does not exceed the troll fun, despite the chance of a nice fish or two

fishinone
07-26-2013, 03:36 PM
Wow, what a nice boat, what a good photographer, what incredible captain put you on the lake that day??
Oh yea, now I remember. :) Those were two beautiful fish. For the record, my report for that day was one dink that I threw overboard to make room for 10 like yours. Sometimes plans do go the way you want them to go but it was still a good day.

I don't know about those photography skills. You made me look just like me! You could have done better.

Thanks for the taking me fishing. You and DMS really came through for me. With my truck down for 3 weeks , I didn't miss a Saturday of fishing.

fishinone
07-26-2013, 03:38 PM
Nice fresh Ron.

I tried to latch on to one of those on the bait but text from Dk with 20 in an hour an half was too much of a temptation.

I have concluded the bait bite does not exceed the troll fun, despite the chance of a nice fish or two

They were being bait snobs and even if you had what they wanted they weren't going far to get it.

I think the bait bite will go wide open soon. Now I just have to get some live sardines.

etucker1959
07-26-2013, 03:44 PM
First, I really didn't mean for a real explanation as I do know the tale and understood your derogatory remark against me.

Quite ironic isn't it you and pcabuser calingl me the emperor with see thru robe for slammin posters whilst slamming me?

Talk about hypocrit?

Hypocrit example two!

Both of you check my report on the Castaic page for info. Last I remember is zero report from either of you.

Proving once again my point. I am venturing a guess that by your guys reaction one if not both of you were one of the 30 or so staring at us and forming a group behind the boat?

Heck I wouldn't be surprised if pcabuser was not the one weaseling in on our bait spot while we were anchoring and then gripe because my cast was too close to his boat? Sheesh was quite a sight. 100 feet between bob s boat and mine and did we say a word to him even when we were there first? Nope! But he sure did mention if our cast was too close

That's funny cutbait, you are not the Emperor!!!!!!!! You might feel like you are, but my metaphoric comparison was that FNN was the Emperor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cutbait
07-26-2013, 03:52 PM
That's funny cutbait, you are not the Emperor!!!!!!!! You might feel like you are, but my metaphoric comparison was that FNN was the Emperor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well there you go. Got me.

Your metaphors and all.. your a crafty one etuck!

Soooooo? Were you at Castaic?

DMS
07-26-2013, 04:01 PM
I don't know about those photography skills. You made me look just like me! You could have done better.

Thanks for the taking me fishing. You and DMS really came through for me. With my truck down for 3 weeks , I didn't miss a Saturday of fishing.

You are welcome from DMS AND Lulu and we enjoyed having you. Seeing that photo makes me wish I had snapped a few of Lulu with ours. My photo of our catch on the cutting board doesn't look as nice as your photo, even with a pile of them. See you out there tomorrow.
Dan

fishinone
07-26-2013, 04:57 PM
You are welcome from DMS AND Lulu and we enjoyed having you. Seeing that photo makes me wish I had snapped a few of Lulu with ours. My photo of our catch on the cutting board doesn't look as nice as your photo, even with a pile of them. See you out there tomorrow.
Dan

Those fish will look much bigger with Lulu in the picture instead of me. Smaller people always look like they are holding monster fish.

You could get a smaller cutting board to take your pictures on! :Thumbs Up:

See you tomorrow.

etucker1959
07-26-2013, 05:08 PM
Well there you go. Got me.

Your metaphors and all.. your a crafty one etuck!

Soooooo? Were you at Castaic?

You once said, "you talk like your from another planet". I guess I just proved you were right all along. To answer your question about being at Castaic, the answer was no. I do have a funny story related to your experience at Castaic. We fished the Irvine lake catfish opener this year and next too us was a huge FNN poster in the next boat. The first hour was uneventful as our little friend was taking a nap. Once he got up and started fishing, boy he was a cranky old man. He was yelling at everyone about crossing his line. I admit it was a zoo, but hey everyone was just trying to get a piece of the action. So I feel for you, when you have to fish next to a bunch of grumpy old men.

koifish
07-26-2013, 05:25 PM
wow....the boil has yet started....it will be a fun season or it might not be any boil...

MikesOcean
07-26-2013, 05:57 PM
Oh...... I forgot to say, great job out there Mike!!! We are all caught up on how many fish we caught when all that matters is your having fun. Seems like no one cares when you get limits like its not good enough when you really did have a dayaaam good day if you get your limit! Just saying...

Great job putting your boys on fish!

dk4885
07-26-2013, 06:02 PM
Oh...... I forgot to say, great job out there Mike!!! We are all caught up on how many fish we caught when all that matters is your having fun. Seems like no one cares when you get limits like its not good enough when you really did have a dayaaam good day if you get your limit! Just saying...

Great job putting your boys on fish!
I'm not having a good time unless I'm catching my limit. But that's just me. Jk mike I no what your saying.

cutbait
07-26-2013, 06:54 PM
wow....the boil has yet started....it will be a fun season or it might not be any boil...

What do you mean yet to have started?

cutbait
07-26-2013, 06:58 PM
5 pages and 1000 views in roughly 24 hrs.

Half dozen active report posters on the Castaic page.

I rest my case.

Come on guys. Let's eradicate the stripers together!

Hardcor
07-26-2013, 07:10 PM
5 pages and 1000 views in roughly 24 hrs.

Half dozen active report posters on the Castaic page.

I rest my case.

Come on guys. Let's eradicate the stripers together!

http://youtu.be/6Lrnax630hE

TroutOnly
07-26-2013, 09:20 PM
Carpboy maybe youre friends should go back to the general discusion section and pal around with L/Q and some of them other jerks..............................

dk4885
07-26-2013, 09:28 PM
What do you mean yet to have started?

I have it from a good source that there was boiling fish thur.

vampirebret
07-26-2013, 09:36 PM
Me and Andrew had limits at 9:04am ended with over 50 for the day. Nice seeing you again bob and nice meeting you Dave.

http://i1223.photobucket.com/albums/dd520/dk4885/9D080A54-0192-4112-8E40-6874DDAF0BC2-37866-0000162DC5FE26AE_zps6f27c458.jpg

Next time, spell out Fresno Boys. Gotta represent cause there are less than a handful of us fishing, I mean trolling down there. LOL

one2play
07-26-2013, 09:39 PM
Why

I fish two times a week. I have fished next to some of you and had great conversations but I never tell that I am a fnn member because why? I don't post. Why? WellI have been lurking since 2006 and I read the new posts just about everyday . I see what happens if you spell a word wrong or your grammar is bad (both of mine are very bad) or the pic is blurry or the poor guy who keeps a bass or did not release it just the right way.

I agree with etucker1959, I'm intimidated. It's a whole lot easer to just read and not post. I admire guys like hardcore. He posts what he caught, how he caught it, how deep, what set up, where and when and most of the time shows his bait on video. What's funny about his post you never hear him say oh my spot is full of people now or I should have never posted my spot. People learn from this type of person. Thank you Cory I have learned a lot from watching your videos.

I don't want to come on here and say so and so parked his float tube 20 feet in front me. I don't want to talk about the guy that posted about taking his son out in a rental boat, but did not realize he cut both my lines while I was trolling. Then there's the guy that parked his boat next to mine and we talked all day and caught nothing but dinks. He went home and posted that he had limit of 5 and 10 pounders. Really!!

In the end, it's more important to hear what's happening than if someone's spelling or grammar is correct or if their video is blurry. I personally don't give a rat's *****, I just want to improve my fishing.

I'm drama free and that's the way it's gonna stay!

dk4885
07-26-2013, 09:50 PM
Why

I fish two times a week. I have fished next to some of you and had great conversations but I never tell that I am a fnn member because why? I don't post. Why? WellI have been lurking since 2006 and I read the new posts just about everyday . I see what happens if you spell a word wrong or your grammar is bad (both of mine are very bad) or the pic is blurry or the poor guy who keeps a bass or did not release it just the right way.

I agree with etucker1959, I'm intimidated. It's a whole lot easer to just read and not post. I admire guys like hardcore. He posts what he caught, how he caught it, how deep, what set up, where and when and most of the time shows his bait on video. What's funny about his post you never hear him say oh my spot is full of people now or I should have never posted my spot. People learn from this type of person. Thank you Cory I have learned a lot from watching your videos.

I don't want to come on here and say so and so parked his float tube 20 feet in front me. I don't want to talk about the guy that posted about taking his son out in a rental boat, but did not realize he cut both my lines while I was trolling. Then there's the guy that parked his boat next to mine and we talked all day and caught nothing but dinks. He went home and posted that he had limit of 5 and 10 pounders. Really!!

In the end, it's more important to hear what's happening than if someone's spelling or grammar is correct or if their video is blurry. I personally don't give a rat's *****, I just want to improve my fishing.

You are the guy that should be posting. Your fishing every week that's the kind of reports this site needs. Who gives a crap what the haters think or say just do your thing. If we all took that approach there would be no post for you to read and know what's going on out at the lake. I would love to read a report from you on your next trip

vampirebret
07-26-2013, 09:54 PM
Well said DK

Fishin4runner
07-26-2013, 10:42 PM
I usually post to Duct board but haven't been able to get out and fish between school and refurbishing the boat I just bought. But when the boat is finished the maiden voyage will be at castaic and I will be sure to post. Can't wait she is almost ready for the water and some striper slaying. Anyone got any trolling tips as I am new it.

dk4885
07-26-2013, 11:00 PM
I usually post to Duct board but haven't been able to get out and fish between school and refurbishing the boat I just bought. But when the boat is finished the maiden voyage will be at castaic and I will be sure to post. Can't wait she is almost ready for the water and some striper slaying. Anyone got any trolling tips as I am new it.

Tip #1. Book a trip with bob Troutonly. Learn from the best.

cutbait
07-27-2013, 05:01 AM

+1.

As Bobs buds we would be undermining him. Just not what buds do. Hope you understand?

Besides which. You would save the money in fuel anyway by him showing you and shortening the learning curve

cutbait
07-27-2013, 05:12 AM
Why

Yes you are the guy who should be posting.

Nobody is worse at gramer than I. Anyone on this site who calls the gramer police is a tool and should be thought of that way.

I think you don't understand or are confused at the banter. Say Hi, shake a hand. Its what we do and feels good to make a good friend.

For instance loom at catchingsomefish. We met Thurs morn in line at Bobs boat, Bob introduced us, we shook hands. 5 mins later he came to my boat and we talked some more. Come to find out we played golf together in a home and home tournament.

I now remember seeing him with the opposing pro. All this from the mid 90's. Kinda cool if you ask me

All my fishing buds are met from FNN.

Harlan
Trailblazer
Team pontoon
Dk
Andrew
MikesOcean
AA
Hardcor
TroutOnly
Hittson...

List goes on.

Just say hi, and post up

BTW! Posting up a dead bass gives you instant 1000 credits with the striper killers

Regarding g the drinks magically turning into 5 lbers? Well we fish, therefor.........

trail blazer
07-27-2013, 07:32 AM
hay one2play,,,,,,,,,

You and me are a lot alike,,,,,,,,,,,POST!

Hay BUD,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Howcome im behind Harlan?

cutbait
07-27-2013, 07:41 AM
hay one2play,,,,,,,,,

You and me are a lot alike,,,,,,,,,,,POST!

Hay BUD,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Howcome im behind Harlan?

Alphabetical order

trail blazer
07-27-2013, 08:12 AM
Alphabetical order

Hmmm

That wont float BUD!

dk,andrew,hitts m/o hardcore,,,etc

DEVOREFLYER
07-27-2013, 08:35 AM
In a word "dyslexic" perhaps.

seal
07-27-2013, 08:37 AM

Damn it you beat me to it! Now we got bait fishing wars going on, lol.

seal
07-27-2013, 08:47 AM
There are more ways than posting a report to spread info. on a lake. You won't see many, if any, reports from me, been there done that and didn't much like the outcome. But that's just me and I love reading all these reports but I don't lurk for information I lurk to enjoy the reading of the reports cause I'm gonna do my thing after all is said in done.

I thank TO, Cutbait, TB, MasterBaiter1 and of course the new guy on the block Hardcor and all the striper kings for their generosity and sharing of reports but really the reports are missing so much information about the techniques used, water conditions, weather, moon phase (if you believe in that crap), water flow if aquaduct fishing or playing at the inlets and bait activity that they really just become a glimpse of what is actually going on. All you lurkers need to get off your butts and fish to really figure it out, the striper kings aren't going to hold your "pole" for you.

I hope that I have proved though that you don't have to post reports to actually contribute to this website.

It really takes time on the water and all of those that I mentioned are perfect examples of that. Fish more then you will learn more, so simple even a lib could figure it out!

HawgZWylde
07-27-2013, 09:23 AM
There are more ways than posting a report to spread info. on a lake. You won't see many, if any, reports from me, been there done that and didn't much like the outcome. But that's just me and I love reading all these reports but I don't lurk for information I lurk to enjoy the reading of the reports cause I'm gonna do my thing after all is said in done.

I thank TO, Cutbait, TB, MasterBaiter1 and of course the new guy on the block Hardcor and all the striper kings for their generosity and sharing of reports but really the reports are missing so much information about the techniques used, water conditions, weather, moon phase (if you believe in that crap), water flow if aquaduct fishing or playing at the inlets and bait activity that they really just become a glimpse of what is actually going on. All you lurkers need to get off your butts and fish to really figure it out, the striper kings aren't going to hold your "pole" for you.

I hope that I have proved though that you don't have to post reports to actually contribute to this website.

It really takes time on the water and all of those that I mentioned are perfect examples of that. Fish more then you will learn more, so simple even a lib could figure it out!

" so simple even a lib could figure it out!"

Bwahaha, common sense always evades them Seal. They don't "figure" anything out, they just follow what everyone else is doing. When it doesn't work for them, they blame it on the weather, or the moon, or the bait, or the boater, or the lake lice, or the stocking truck, or Bush.

Uh oh, see what you started...

TroutOnly
07-27-2013, 09:41 AM
Moon sign crap? Man do you need some learnin boy ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,lol,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

seal
07-27-2013, 10:21 AM
Moon sign crap? Man do you need some learnin boy ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,lol,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

No I believe I just was trying to ward off the non-believers!

Hardcor
07-27-2013, 12:41 PM
I consult the bones !

Seal is right about one thing, To catch fish you have to go fishing !

The other stuff ! I just consult the bones !

Oh, and the number one Striper killing machine in the area ! The Man !,,,,T/O,,,,Trout Only,Striper Only, my friend the Legend !

pcuser
07-27-2013, 01:33 PM
Carpboy maybe youre friends should go back to the general discusion section and pal around with L/Q and some of them other jerks..............................

It must be nice to believe you have all the answers for everything. You can live in a false worldview and believe all others are full of sh**. That you do is abundantly clear in your posts about anyone who doesn't "measure up" to you...

pcuser
07-27-2013, 01:46 PM

Bwahaha, common sense always evades them Seal. They don't "figure" anything out, they just follow what everyone else is doing. When it doesn't work for them, they blame it on the weather, or the moon, or the bait, or the boater, or the lake lice, or the stocking truck, or Bush.

I and probably most of the others "libs" here do just fine fishing. And we probably don't interfere with other fisherman. We don't need to. We can figure it out because we are open minded intelligent people. If we aren't catching fish, we feel no need to "blame" anyone. Some days, the fish are simply not biting. We however enjoy just being able to fish. There is joy in understanding nature and luxuriating in it. Catching fish is a bonus. I realize I'm speaking for others. Some might not fit my description exactly. However, I've known enough "libs" to characterize them in this manner...

Fishin4runner
07-27-2013, 02:55 PM
+1.

As Bobs buds we would be undermining him. Just not what buds do. Hope you understand?

Besides which. You would save the money in fuel anyway by him showing you and shortening the learning curve

Unfortunately I am just a poor boy and can't afford to pay $200.00 to go out and fish for half a day. A trip to the lake will cost me around fifty bucks. Thanks for the advice but I can't afford Bobs Knowledge. Guess I will just figure it our for myself. You said share knowledge, well I asked and only received a sales pitch. Thanks a million.

cutbait
07-27-2013, 03:02 PM
Unfortunately I am just a poor boy and can't afford to pay $200.00 to go out and fish for half a day. A trip to the lake will cost me around fifty bucks. Thanks for the advice but I can't afford Bobs Knowledge. Guess I will just figure it our for myself. You said share knowledge, well I asked and only received a sales pitch. Thanks a million.

Well, sorry ya feel that way. I can't in good conscience undermine my buddies business. Sorry if you don't understand that

Everyone knows trolling the u rig. Its no secret. Wait till you try it and without the knowledge you will fail at the onset

Fishin4runner
07-27-2013, 03:15 PM
Well, sorry ya feel that way. I can't in good conscience undermine my buddies business. Sorry if you don't understand that

Everyone knows trolling the u rig. Its no secret. Wait till you try it and without the knowledge you will fail at the onset

You said Had they show a level of cooperation and not secrecy those in the know would reciprocate? Well who is being secretive now? Giving a few tips undermines no one. It just leaves empty spots on your buddies boat. If I could afford bobs knowledge I would book him in a minute but I can't so guess I will learn like I always do Trial and Error. And I am not mad at ya maybe now that I got a boat I will actually meet some of you DK, Cutbait, AA, and Bob. I will still post when I go out as I like to try and share knowledge. Hope to see ya all out there.

MikesOcean
07-27-2013, 03:23 PM

Sorry..... But this poor boy crap ain't gonna fly here. It's obvious by these reports that the majority here are not shore fishermen that are posting. Bob runs a guide service to teach people how to troll and catch fish here. So if you don't have a boat then none of the knowledge used to limit on stripers here on this board will help you. And if you do have a boat my ***** you can't afford it. Maybe you don't want to spend the $ which is a different story. If you do have a boat we all know its not cheap to run and maintain a boat. Even if it is a smaller boat. And why should people here who know Bob, respect him, and call him a friend, throw him under the bus and just tell you exactly what to do? We have ALL spent countless dollars and time on the water that maybe we can't afford to hire him or get involved with the board and built friendships here to learn with this group or on our own. I know fishing can be difficult and frustrating at times when it seems the fish are not cooperating. But really it's learning all the factors on your own that will help you on your own. Hiring a professional like Bob will help get you a great basic understanding to start catching fish. I will guarantee you something that what was working for bob last year may not be working for him this year. So he has to adapt and make changes. 1 month ago I went out and witnessed good friends of mine trolling in front of me and they were hammering the fish and I couldn't buy a bite. I recognized I had to make changes and figure out what these fish wanted. Don't expect people here to do your setups when your not even involved or show up to any events. Were you at striperfest? I guarantee if you were you would have made some friends and gained some knowledge. ALL my fishing buddies were made from fnn.

Truly sorry if I sound harsh! Just stating facts!

MustHuntAndFish
07-27-2013, 03:33 PM
CB...
You're gonna have to find a nicer way to ask others to participate. Like... "Pretty please with a cherry on top" haha! Just asking how come nobody reports is way to abrasive!

After meeting all you guys I was poised to report my outings. Then after trolling for about an hour my next time out... My motor overheated and my day was over before it started. Bad water pump!

Guess I coulda reported that I saw Fishinone riding and slayin on someone else's boat:Wink:

Haven't had the time or money to see how much damage I may have caused to my motor or get it fixed but I will be posting whenever I get back out on the water.

I've gained knowledge from the responses to my few reports in the past... More than I've learned from just lurking. That's my motivation to post reports.

Fishin4runner
07-27-2013, 03:57 PM
Sorry..... But this poor boy crap ain't gonna fly here. It's obvious by these reports that the majority here are not shore fishermen that are posting. Bob runs a guide service to teach people how to troll and catch fish here. So if you don't have a boat then none of the knowledge used to limit on stripers here on this board will help you. And if you do have a boat my ***** you can't afford it. Maybe you don't want to spend the $ which is a different story. If you do have a boat we all know its not cheap to run and maintain a boat. Even if it is a smaller boat. And why should people here who know Bob, respect him, and call him a friend, throw him under the bus and just tell you exactly what to do? We have ALL spent countless dollars and time on the water that maybe we can't afford to hire him or get involved with the board and built friendships here to learn with this group or on our own. I know fishing can be difficult and frustrating at times when it seems the fish are not cooperating. But really it's learning all the factors on your own that will help you on your own. Hiring a professional like Bob will help get you a great basic understanding to start catching fish. I will guarantee you something that what was working for bob last year may not be working for him this year. So he has to adapt and make changes. 1 month ago I went out and witnessed good friends of mine trolling in front of me and they were hammering the fish and I couldn't buy a bite. I recognized I had to make changes and figure out what these fish wanted. Don't expect people here to do your setups when your not even involved or show up to any events. Were you at striperfest? I guarantee if you were you would have made some friends and gained some knowledge. ALL my fishing buddies were made from fnn.

Truly sorry if I sound harsh! Just stating facts!

Dude you need to calm down. I didn't ask how to fish I just asked for a few trolling tips that was all. I didn't ask you to throw Bob under the bus. And No I was not at striper fest I wanted to go but didn't have a boat. I got one now and am just trying to participate. You don't need to be such an *****. I know what worked yesterday may not work today. I understand Bob is your friend and he runs a business. I understand you need to put time in to learn. If by asking for some tips I offended anyone I apologize.

Hardcor
07-27-2013, 03:57 PM
http://youtu.be/cxk3TEiiuQw

Hardcor
07-27-2013, 04:00 PM
http://youtu.be/-FbZnruO0YY

MikesOcean
07-27-2013, 04:21 PM
Dude you need to calm down. I didn't ask how to fish I just asked for a few trolling tips that was all. I didn't ask you to throw Bob under the bus. And No I was not at striper fest I wanted to go but didn't have a boat. I got one now and am just trying to participate. You don't need to be such an *****. I know what worked yesterday may not work today. I understand Bob is your friend and he runs a business. I understand you need to put time in to learn. If by asking for some tips I offended anyone I apologize.

Lol all good bro! No heat no harm. Hope to see you at next event. My bad. All i saw was cant afford bob and you have a boat. Just didnt seem like they went with each other.

He always goes out of his ways to a bunch of guys here for good tips and offerings. So I apoligize if I came off angry. On my end it was just out of loyalty.. No need for me or anyone here to protect one fellow angler here while bashing another. Again I'm sorry if I came hostile. Wasnt my intent!

cutbait
07-27-2013, 04:24 PM
You said Had they show a level of cooperation and not secrecy those in the know would reciprocate? Well who is being secretive now? Giving a few tips undermines no one. It just leaves empty spots on your buddies boat. If I could afford bobs knowledge I would book him in a minute but I can't so guess I will learn like I always do Trial and Error. And I am not mad at ya maybe now that I got a boat I will actually meet some of you DK, Cutbait, AA, and Bob. I will still post when I go out as I like to try and share knowledge. Hope to see ya all out there.

Secrecy?

Bite is wide open on the troll, slow on bait.

Those of us who have posted have made this clear!

Any more info than that and you still cannot put two and two together then well?,,,, your just asking someone to hook and hand now.

Schools of fish in different zones, when you find a school its balls out, if no school its no bite....

Sometimes you have to put effort in

Come on F4R? your better than this?

cutbait
07-27-2013, 04:26 PM
Yeah, I'm not buying the poor buy nonsense either...

Even the self financed entrepreneur Hardcor can hardly scratch up the funds to keep his three boats running.

As for myself, its paycheck to paycheck like the rest of FNN

cutbait
07-27-2013, 04:29 PM
CB...
You're gonna have to find a nicer way to ask others to participate. Like... "Pretty please with a cherry on top" haha! Just asking how come nobody reports is way to abrasive!

After meeting all you guys I was poised to report my outings. Then after trolling for about an hour my next time out... My motor overheated and my day was over before it started. Bad water pump!

Guess I coulda reported that I saw Fishinone riding and slayin on someone else's boat:Wink:

Haven't had the time or money to see how much damage I may have caused to my motor or get it fixed but I will be posting whenever I get back out on the water.

I've gained knowledge from the responses to my few reports in the past... More than I've learned from just lurking. That's my motivation to post reports.

Man, where ya been?

you guys are good people and just vanish?..

Describe your boat issues, how hot did it get? I/O right? Did it shut down? Engine temp alarm?

MustHuntAndFish
07-27-2013, 04:34 PM
I call Bullsh!t on Cutbait livin check to check! What about all the cash that you and TB rake in at your appearances?

cutbait
07-27-2013, 04:38 PM
I call Bullsh!t on Cutbait livin check to check! What about all the cash that you and TB rake in at your appearances?

Your good,,,,,,,,very good

Fishin4runner
07-27-2013, 04:46 PM
Secrecy?

Bite is wide open on the troll, slow on bait.

Those of us who have posted have made this clear!

Any more info than that and you still cannot put two and two together then well?,,,, your just asking someone to hook and hand now.

Schools of fish in different zones, when you find a school its balls out, if no school its no bite....

Sometimes you have to put effort in

Come on F4R? your better than this?

I will be putting in lots of effort. My boat should be done by AUG 1st and my wife bought me a 1 year parking pass and boat launch pass. And thanks for your confidence.

DEVOREFLYER
07-27-2013, 04:47 PM
Cutbait has a very charitable side to him unlike a lot of celebrities. I saw him at the “Good Luck Bar and Grill” signing wet Tee Shirts and not charging for it. What a guy, a heart of Gold I’m tellin’ ya.

MustHuntAndFish
07-27-2013, 04:48 PM
Man, where ya been?

you guys are good people and just vanish?..

Describe your boat issues, how hot did it get? I/O right? Did it shut down? Engine temp alarm?

Turned off while trolling... At first I thought I just needed to switch gas tanks but while I was reeling in my lines I saw that the motor overheated. Is smoked a little. I let it cool down and then tried to crank it. Sounded like it wanted to start but I noticed there was no water circulating so I decided not to push it. Don't know enough so I decided to call for a tow rather than do further damage.

It's an outboard by the way.

cutbait
07-27-2013, 04:59 PM
Turned off while trolling... At first I thought I just needed to switch gas tanks but while I was reeling in my lines I saw that the motor overheated. Is smoked a little. I let it cool down and then tried to crank it. Sounded like it wanted to start but I noticed there was no water circulating so I decided not to push it. Don't know enough so I decided to call for a tow rather than do further damage.

It's an outboard by the way.

No alarm? strange.

describe smoked a little

cutbait
07-27-2013, 04:59 PM
Cutbait has a very charitable side to him unlike a lot of celebrities. I saw him at the “Good Luck Bar and Grill” signing wet Tee Shirts and not charging for it. What a guy, a heart of Gold I’m tellin’ ya.

Don't let Quaggzy catch you talkin up the oildale women again

DEVOREFLYER
07-27-2013, 05:02 PM
pcuser needs a little time with one of the Oildale women to satisfy his pent up social needs and to get the wrinkles out of his pencil dick.

Hardcor
07-27-2013, 05:24 PM
I will be putting in lots of effort. My boat should be done by AUG 1st and my wife bought me a 1 year parking pass and boat launch pass. And thanks for your confidence.

This shows Bob the Legend Trolling and Baiting with his favorite Brother Hardcore !

http://youtu.be/e3CNb_groW8

MustHuntAndFish
07-27-2013, 05:49 PM
No alarm? strange.

describe smoked a little

1969 Merc... Don't think it has a temp alarm.

Didn't smoke enough that other boats around woulda noticed and wondered what I was cooking... But it was enough that the wind blew it in our face and it was bothersome.

I do have hope that I didn't totally ruin it but I don't have any experience working on or diagnosing outboards. This is my first boat and my first issue with it in the 5 yrs I've owned it.

dk4885
07-27-2013, 06:27 PM
1969 Merc... Don't think it has a temp alarm.

Didn't smoke enough that other boats around woulda noticed and wondered what I was cooking... But it was enough that the wind blew it in our face and it was bothersome.

I do have hope that I didn't totally ruin it but I don't have any experience working on or diagnosing outboards. This is my first boat and my first issue with it in the 5 yrs I've owned it.

5 years without a problem I can't even go 5 days without a problem. Lol. That was before our motor we have now. Hope I can get 5 years out of it. Anyways it prime time right now hope you get it fixed and get back out on the water soon.

cutbait
07-27-2013, 06:38 PM
5 years without a problem I can't even go 5 days without a problem. Lol. That was before our motor we have now. Hope I can get 5 years out of it. Anyways it prime time right now hope you get it fixed and get back out on the water soon.

Good point Dk.

Musthuntand fish. Are you available during weekdays for trips?

MustHuntAndFish
07-27-2013, 07:08 PM
Good point Dk.

Musthuntand fish. Are you available during weekdays for trips?

Busy time of year at work... Selling AC equipment but not impossible to get a day off.

cutbait
07-27-2013, 07:10 PM
Check your pm box in next two weeks

MustHuntAndFish
07-27-2013, 07:16 PM

I knew it was time for service and kept putting it off... Now I'm paying the price.

The old man I bought the boat from used to do all the work and service on the boat/motor himself. Kept it in great shape. He'd probably wanna kick my *** if he knew I mistreated his motor!

Now I'm afraid that even if I can get it fixed... It'll never be the same. Like 5 yrs with no problems!

MustHuntAndFish
07-27-2013, 07:31 PM
Check your pm box in next two weeks

Will do...

dk4885
07-27-2013, 08:21 PM
Where is Ron's report I no he was out today.

Master Baiter1
07-28-2013, 06:36 AM

My reports are pretty thorough most of the time. A big amen on doing your own thing. Words I live by. The reward is much greater when you do it your way instead of following the masses.

Too funny and so true. I love the fisherman excuses at the end of a day. That's why I don't pay particular attention to any of that and just go fish to go fish whenever I can and let the chips fall where they may.