PDA

View Full Version : Wife

HBAR
07-25-2013, 09:56 AM
You guys arent going to believe this but the bad luck keeps coming our way. My wifes ralphs location was closed due to property owner selling it. So they sent her to another store for the time being but today she went to the Reseda store to cover for a girl thats on vacation. About 15 mins after I got home I get a txt from her saying that she just slipped on some water in the store and broke her right femur. So now I've been with her at Northridge hospital waiting to hear when they are going to do surgery to fix her.
So I again ask for my Team 57 families prayers that she gets through this ok, there was a mishap earlier when they took her out of the ER and into her room, they gave her so much pain meds that she got really relaxed and got to the point where I had to keep waking her up so she could breath, her lips face fingers would turn purple. They moved her to another floor and got her under control but now shes in pain again where as before she wasnt. I will post updates as we go along, I swear at this rate I should get my medical license and put a red cross on top of my place.

.:LOLLY:.
07-25-2013, 10:11 AM
Prayers and hopes for speedy recovery sent brother!

Rooster
07-25-2013, 10:18 AM
, there was a mishap earlier when they took her out of the ER and into her room, they gave her so much pain meds that she got really relaxed and got to the point where I had to keep waking her up so she could breath, her lips face fingers would turn purple.
I just went thru this same exact thing with my wife. My wife went in to have her foot looked at and ended up with a code blue, scary stuff & left the hospital 5 days later. Very slow healing process for everyone! I feel your pain brother.... Prayers and thoughts are sent to you and your family.

drifter023
07-25-2013, 10:55 AM
Prayers sent hope all works out well.

5150fishn
07-25-2013, 11:12 AM
Wow Mike, sorry to hear the bad news! Sending you and your family positive energy bro!

casting call
07-25-2013, 02:40 PM
Hope she gets better soon Mike.

HBAR
07-25-2013, 03:45 PM
Ok she was just taken into surgery they said it'll take like three hours. I will post again once shes out

CAPT'N
07-25-2013, 04:13 PM
Sending prayers your way.......

bachiboy
07-25-2013, 05:14 PM
Awww man, sorry to hear about your wife. My wife shattered her fibula and tibia a few years back...not fun. Hope her surgery goes smoothly. One small bit of advice for the next couple of days, make sure she takes her pain meds BEFORE the last dose wears off. Don't want to chase the pain...or it's misery for both of you.

All the best...
Don

Bobber Boy
07-25-2013, 06:30 PM
You guys arent going to believe this but the bad luck keeps coming our way. My wifes ralphs location was closed due to property owner selling it. So they sent her to another store for the time being but today she went to the Reseda store to cover for a girl thats on vacation. About 15 mins after I got home I get a txt from her saying that she just slipped on some water in the store and broke her right femur. So now I've been with her at Northridge hospital waiting to hear when they are going to do surgery to fix her.
So I again ask for my Team 57 families prayers that she gets through this ok, there was a mishap earlier when they took her out of the ER and into her room, they gave her so much pain meds that she got really relaxed and got to the point where I had to keep waking her up so she could breath, her lips face fingers would turn purple. They moved her to another floor and got her under control but now shes in pain again where as before she wasnt. I will post updates as we go along, I swear at this rate I should get my medical license and put a red cross on top of my place.

I couldn't believe what I was hearing when I talked to you this morning. Hang in there Mike! Thoughts and prayers from the Montgomery household.

HBAR
07-25-2013, 08:04 PM
Doc came to waiting area around 6pm or thereafter said all went well they had to drill a little bit longer in one area as the bone was bruised. I had to leave to feed mini and his brother, Melissa should just now be going back into her room I'll be calling her in a bit let her know we'll be there tomorrow. Again thanks everyone for the prayers and well wishes its been a long rocky road and just when the road smoothes out a bit something else happens. I can only hope the road from here on out gets smoother.

fishfinder
07-25-2013, 09:56 PM
Doc came to waiting area around 6pm or thereafter said all went well they had to drill a little bit longer in one area as the bone was bruised. I had to leave to feed mini and his brother, Melissa should just now be going back into her room I'll be calling her in a bit let her know we'll be there tomorrow. Again thanks everyone for the prayers and well wishes its been a long rocky road and just when the road smoothes out a bit something else happens. I can only hope the road from here on out gets smoother.
ouch those bruised bones are the worst. they drilled into my ankle for that. still sore 6 years later.

Troutman65
07-26-2013, 03:37 PM
Mike glad to hear the wife came out of surgery ok. No more broken bones for your family !

HBAR
07-26-2013, 05:41 PM
Mike glad to hear the wife came out of surgery ok. No more broken bones for your family !

Well sadly wifes side of the family has a medical issue called, gnathodiaphyseal dysplasia which is the cause of legs being broken easier then other people, which also leads to other abnormal bone growth.

jaggerbub
07-26-2013, 06:55 PM
Just said a prayer for u guys. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

HBAR
07-30-2013, 10:38 AM
She is doing better still in pain, they will be moving her to a nursing facility (aka OLD FOLKS HOME) with in the hour today, how long she'll be there I dont know but at least they'll be able to care for her better then I can here at home.

5150fishn
07-30-2013, 10:43 AM
Glad to here Melissa is on the mend Mike!

fishinone
07-30-2013, 11:58 AM
Wow Mike, You have been having a tough time.

I'm keeping you, Melissa and Justin in my prayers.

Semper Fi

HBAR
08-12-2013, 08:09 PM
Thanks everyone for the prayers and well wishes, my wife came home today from the nursing/rehab place today, and Justin got a short cast today as well. Now he's ready to start junior high school tomorrow. Yippie vacation time, oh wait I still have to care for my wife (but I have help stepson and daughter, too bad neither one of them drive).

5150fishn
08-13-2013, 09:46 AM
Glad to hear that everyone is on the mend Mike!