PDA

View Full Version : Pier from Redondo to Newport...

Re8elmonk0341
07-24-2013, 07:44 AM
What's up guys.....just wondering if any of these piers are kicking out any mackerels yet. Never to early to stock up on lobster and shark bait. Thanks guys...any info is appreciated.

I*B*CATCHIN
08-01-2013, 03:58 PM
Try redondo... usually a good sardine & mackerel bite ....lucky lure or sabiki...

Ifishtoolittle
08-01-2013, 04:37 PM
I'd say go with Newport. Redondo is always swamped at the Triangle pier and if you're not willing to brave the breakwall or have a vessel then fishing will suck.

Newport on the other hand offers you the option of Balboa pier and Newport pier. And, if fishing is horrid at both piers then you can always hit the harbor for whatever will bite.

bman90278
08-02-2013, 05:06 AM
What's up guys.....just wondering if any of these piers are kicking out any mackerels yet. Never to early to stock up on lobster and shark bait. Thanks guys...any info is appreciated.

I caught a Spanish Mac off the Redondo Sport Pier a couple weeks ago, but I hear of no others have been caught recently. I walked the big Redondo Pier a couple weeks ago and saw a bunch of empty buckets. Normally this time of year the Macs are being caught.

-b

DrePSP
09-20-2013, 02:56 PM
How's the fishing?
I broke my big toe last week and had plans with a group to do surf lessons this weekend for a bachelor party. Well instead of bailing, I want to do some fishing of the Pier while waiting.
I haven't fished of a pier in like 10 years . Any tips on set up and what to use Would be great. Where can I get bait near by the pier? Coming out of Palm Springs.
Thanks in afvance.
Dre

BALLERONBUDGET
09-20-2013, 04:33 PM
original post is from 2 months ago... but in general pier fishing has been horrible for the last 10 yrs or so...hardly any macks/bonito etc...; i recon the local piers every week for same sad results them good old days of bucketfulls fish 80s/90s r long gone .. pier fishing = usually just there to kill time..... or take family/friends family out who dont hv licenses (since not needed) fyi kids will get bored or wanna go play games instead......... just try basic set up hook line sinker or sabiki rig etc.. gud luck..

DrePSP
09-20-2013, 05:50 PM
Yes, I know. I didn't want to start a new thread with same Q/topic.
I figure its to kill time, I was not expecting to hook into any macs or anything major.
just want to get my line wet while I wait.