PDA

View Full Version : To fish or not to fish that was the question

TroutOnly
07-23-2013, 08:21 AM
after a couple really busy weeks working i had sun off ,or at least for a minute then i got home sat night after guiding sat ,i found out the wife had a bunch of stuff going on sun then we got out of town family spending the night .i was going to fish mon ,but i thought i shouldnt we my sister hanging out then just before bed the boss tells me you outa go fishing tommorow. i was to late to call cory ,so i figured i would go back yo castaic and try my luck. was met by m/o and aa in line talked crap then hit the water . they were going to troll i wanted to do some bait fishing first .hit the spot to find very little flow at the inlet dropped anchor to find a very slow bite ,i ending up farming 4 different big ones on the lite line so after a long slow bite i decided to cruise around the area to see what depths the boats the were getting action were anchored in and the depth was alomost actually the same. then it was time to troll ,hit the c-point for a hot spot from sat and it was just the same wfo on the little fish. i ran into m/o and a/a talked for a while told them what was happening then headed back to the bait area for another try and fat little pig. anchored up then after and hour or so i hooked and landed one. during the afternoon i watched the dfg bust boat afte boat for differnt thing the lady sheriff and lady game warden just smiled and waved as they passed me by,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,T/O,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
http://i403.photobucket.com/albums/pp113/troutonly/DSCN1665_zps0ae72340.jpg (http://s403.photobucket.com/user/troutonly/media/DSCN1665_zps0ae72340.jpg.html)

fishinone
07-23-2013, 10:41 AM
Nice catch Bob.

Some of my best days have happened when I started the day by farming a few fish. Sometimes more than a few.

Hardcor
07-23-2013, 04:11 PM
Bobby Boy ! You should have called ! I am always ready and a brother can call at anytime ! We both fish the same day but in separate boats at separate lakes !

I thought breaking my Loomis bummed me out ! But missing a chance to fish with the Legend and I miss it !

That really Bumm's me out !

I'm glad you got to pull on some Bob ! You work so hard for everybody else !

http://youtu.be/yuj_0HO140Y

Hardcor
07-23-2013, 05:57 PM
And Then This !

http://youtu.be/wG60OE19ePM

cutbait
07-23-2013, 07:30 PM
Bobby Boy ! You should have called ! I am always ready and a brother can call at anytime ! We both fish the same day but in separate boats at separate lakes !

I thought breaking my Loomis bummed me out ! But missing a chance to fish with the Legend and I miss it !

That really Bumm's me out !

I'm glad you got to pull on some Bob ! You work so hard for everybody else !

http://youtu.be/yuj_0HO140Y

I'm not one to derive enjoyment from others misfortune. But LOL!

That hurts bad!

:LOL:

cutbait
07-23-2013, 07:32 PM
Solo trips are sweet!

Glad you were able to enjoy.

Thanks for putting my boys MO and AA on some fish!

MikesOcean
07-23-2013, 07:48 PM
BOB BOOOOZ!!!!!

That was good chit out there with all the talk crap and fish. Too much fun!!

No need for me or AA to post since you just about summed it up. I actually got there early hoping we were there first in line and sure enough you were there already Boz! Ari Berni!!!!

We had a great time just messing with those schoolies. It was a great time for us to experiment different rigs to see what got bit most. We caught about 40 fish and it seemed that that when we got to 18 none of them would stick. They all seemed to fall off the hook before we bounced them on the boat. But we did manage the last 2 fish to stick!!

Btw... did you notice those 2 schoolies that boiled in the cove we were chilling at? hah

I love how you were killing it on the troll and you didn't give a Dayam! You just jammed your *** out to the buoy line to get you some real fish.

Thanks again Bob for those baits. I am going to try them next time. Now go back to the buoy line and show us those pigs!!

Basspass
07-23-2013, 08:09 PM
Hey what's the regulation on striper? Minimum size, and limit?

MikesOcean
07-23-2013, 08:25 PM
Hey what's the regulation on striper? Minimum size, and limit?

If you land it, it's a keeper! 10 a person.

Hardcor
07-23-2013, 09:25 PM
http://youtu.be/Jw-0lLBONds

PONTOON
07-23-2013, 09:31 PM
Bob, good to see you were able to get out and it's never a surprize to see you brought some good fish to the deck of the "Salmenoid Phenom"...........Good job Bob!

DMS
07-23-2013, 09:31 PM
Bob, you love fishing as much as I do, but you get to go almost as much as I dream of going.
Any idea of the bulk of the citations?? tie off to the buoyline; over limit; undersize green carp; no license; boat equipment deficiency? Any idea of what they were catching them doing?

superbigfish
07-24-2013, 06:07 AM
Bob, you love fishing as much as I do, but you get to go almost as much as I dream of going.
Any idea of the bulk of the citations?? tie off to the buoyline; over limit; undersize green carp; no license; boat equipment deficiency? Any idea of what they were catching them doing?

They were citing for boat safety. Most got tickets for no extinguishers. DFG ticketed some for not carrying a net on the boat. Some got tickets for tie up to the buoy line and no fishing license.

DMS
07-24-2013, 06:15 AM
They were citing for boat safety. Most got tickets for no extinguishers. DFG ticketed some for not carrying a net on the boat. Some got tickets for tie up to the buoy line and no fishing license.

While I carry multiple nets, I didn't know the net was required for fresh water. Usually the net in salt was to discourage gaffing possibly short fish

TroutOnly
07-24-2013, 08:09 AM
Too many rods ,no license ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,they racked up some fines,,,,,,,,,,

Fishthewhaler
07-24-2013, 06:55 PM
Hey Hardcore,
Loomis has
Lifetime guarantee i beleive. Call them and see if you can get a replacement. Tell them it snapped on a freight train striper!

superbigfish
07-24-2013, 07:35 PM
Hey Hardcore,
Loomis has
Lifetime guarantee i beleive. Call them and see if you can get a replacement. Tell them it snapped on a freight train striper!

Shimano bought gloomis. Give the office in Irvine a call.

Hardcor
07-24-2013, 08:33 PM
Hey Hardcore,
Loomis has

Thank you Fishthewhaler ! It's already in the mail ! I love loomis rods for fresh water and they have always been good to me and sent me a new rod !

TroutOnly
07-24-2013, 08:44 PM
Two weeks and you will have youre new rod they send everything snail mail, and shimano was bought a while back by pure fishing the largest mothership of alot of companys,penn ,abu-garcia ,berkley,shakespeare ,and several others ,i was on the guides program for while ,but nowadays i do better on my own,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,tues cory,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,