PDA

View Full Version : NPH float tube launch locations?

Ifishtoolittle
07-22-2013, 10:13 PM
Hello there people. I'm 100% certain that this question has been asked before, but it's so far down the archive that it would be more troublesome to search for than to simply ask. Okay, if any part of that previous sentence made sense then that's good. lol

So where can one launch his tube and find some free parking? Thanks people!

I'm hoping to make a float tube trip down at the land of the rich and bikinis this Wednesday so some helpful info would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks again!

-IF2L

bowler
07-22-2013, 10:18 PM
Try anywhere pass Daveys locker. I saw two tubers there last week Thursday when I went on a whale watching trip. There I hope that helps.

Ifishtoolittle
07-23-2013, 09:50 PM
Alrighty. Thanks Bowler.

Dci4me
08-31-2013, 11:33 PM
Better late than never.... Last time I parked @ 15th street and W Balboa Blvd. I think it is an Amercian Legion building there, but there are a few FREE parking spots if you are an early bird, if not there is meter parking. It is just feet from a sandy launch.... Watch out for street sweeper days if you snake a free spot.

one long cast
09-01-2013, 01:31 PM
Toolittle There are a couple of places past Davys Locker down towards the jetty. First their is a public dock with free parking(get there early) It has a sand ramp to the beach and your in a good area to fish the docks UP the channel. Nxt would be the beach area next to the Lifeguard station Unknown about cost of parking????? but again you are in the area of great fishing either going over to the boat mooring or up the channel towards the bridge. If you go up the channel work the dock with the rocks real well along with the docks on that side. next is the channel that comes out to the main channel approx. 100 ft from the bridge work it to the bridge then cross the channel and work that side. Next work under the bridge and then the docks on the other side nice spotted bay bass Chinese croaker, some sand bass. Good luck. PS watch the tides because they might draw you a long ways from your launch spot.

Ifishtoolittle
09-16-2013, 10:43 PM
Better late than never.... Last time I parked @ 15th street and W Balboa Blvd. I think it is an Amercian Legion building there, but there are a few FREE parking spots if you are an early bird, if not there is meter parking. It is just feet from a sandy launch.... Watch out for street sweeper days if you snake a free spot.

Toolittle There are a couple of places past Davys Locker down towards the jetty. First their is a public dock with free parking(get there early) It has a sand ramp to the beach and your in a good area to fish the docks UP the channel. Nxt would be the beach area next to the Lifeguard station Unknown about cost of parking????? but again you are in the area of great fishing either going over to the boat mooring or up the channel towards the bridge. If you go up the channel work the dock with the rocks real well along with the docks on that side. next is the channel that comes out to the main channel approx. 100 ft from the bridge work it to the bridge then cross the channel and work that side. Next work under the bridge and then the docks on the other side nice spotted bay bass Chinese croaker, some sand bass. Good luck. PS watch the tides because they might draw you a long ways from your launch spot.

Thanks guys. I'll try launching from those locations for my future adventures. Oh yeah, that NPH current is something else!