PDA

View Full Version : Silverwood Lake

elfarolitojr03
07-22-2013, 05:03 PM
Anyone know if 2 stroke outboards are allowed at silverwood?
Will be heading up there Wednesday.

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks,

seal
07-22-2013, 06:50 PM
2 stroke still ok at Silverwood. But of course be prepared for a mussel inspection.

JAG107
07-23-2013, 02:12 PM
The 2 jet skis in front of me in line last week had oil actually running out of the outdrive. No problem! Just don't have even a drop of water come out of yours and you'll be good! May I suggest pulling over on an uphill incline before you get to the lake and TRIPLE check that there's no water coming out of your motor, I got burned once by only checking at the house and not near the lake. Drip, drip, drip...7 day ban plus the wasted drive! The only lakes that I know of that won't allow 2 strokes are DVL and Skinner...for now.

seal
07-23-2013, 03:05 PM
The 2 jet skis in front of me in line last week had oil actually running out of the outdrive. No problem! Just don't have even a drop of water come out of yours and you'll be good! May I suggest pulling over on an uphill incline before you get to the lake and TRIPLE check that there's no water coming out of your motor, I got burned once by only checking at the house and not near the lake. Drip, drip, drip...7 day ban plus the wasted drive! The only lakes that I know of that won't allow 2 strokes are DVL and Skinner...for now.

Lake Mead just banned them last year.

bruce watson
07-23-2013, 07:50 PM
make sure your drain plug is out and dry too.

Basspass
07-23-2013, 08:02 PM
This arises the question; what lakes prohibit 2-strokes?

seal
07-24-2013, 07:26 AM
This arises the question; what lakes prohibit 2-strokes?

Did you read this thread?

Micropterus salmoides
07-24-2013, 11:18 AM
DVL does allow 2-stroke motor but it must be direct injected and comply with CARB 2001 or newer model.

This is from DVL website.

(b)
Engines that are 4-stroke, 2-stroke equipped with direct fuel injection, or 2-stroke engines that comply with the California Air Resources Control Board 2001 or later model year spark-ignition marine engine
standard (or U.S. Environmental Protection Agency 2006 equivalent).