PDA

View Full Version : Wild Fishing

City Girl
07-21-2013, 08:11 PM
So my dad posted a report about our fishing trip but I wanted to share with you my personal experience on the boat. So this was my 3rd time going on a twilight boat so I sorta knew what to expect, of course I didn't expect to catch this giant fish. For me this trip was my personal best. So the bait we used for the barracuda was anchovies, I didn't expect the outcome to be great but until sunset EVERYONE and I literally mean it was catching barracuda with anchovies. So, I recommend you all go out on a twilight boat while the barracuda are there. The experience with the barracuda was priceless. That moment may have been one of the most chaotic moments of my life. My poor dad (city dad) was tying up my sisters line because a barracuda ripped it off. I then felt a snag and thought I was stuck at the bottom. I heard my dad say to me "Kelly keep reeling you got it!" so, thats what I did. All the sudden my dad tells me start moving to catch it. All of the sudden I hear people screaming "HOTLINE coming through!!!" That's when I knew it was for real. I saw the fish and I was amazed by how big it was. It was SUPER heavy to reel in and by the time I got it in I was literally out of breath. I saw my dads big smile and I knew he was proud of me. I felt so happy. I couldn't believe it. I just wanted to thank you all for encouraging me to do my best in fishing!!! I had a great time last night!!! The picture that goes with the post is me in 2007 fishing. Thanks for everything city dad!!!42026

cutbait
07-21-2013, 08:28 PM
Congrats CG!

Sounds like you had a time you'll all remember for life.

Stay with it

TUNAVIC
07-21-2013, 08:32 PM
Pretty cool! It seems to me you and your Pop have a lot of good times to come,WTG.

Cya TunaVic

bachiboy
07-22-2013, 01:10 PM
Way to go CG! Sounds like you fought that skinny like a champ! You have a pretty special dad there!:Wink: Keep it up and looking forward to hearing all about the September trip.

Congrats on a fun outing!
Don

5150fishn
07-22-2013, 02:30 PM
Great job CG! You are becoming quite the accomplished angler! Congrats on a great day on the water with your sister and dad.

Hardcor
07-22-2013, 05:29 PM
I loved fishing with my Dad ! It only get's better and better ! Go get'um City Girl ! Your Awesome !

etucker1959
07-22-2013, 05:48 PM
So my dad posted a report about our fishing trip but I wanted to share with you my personal experience on the boat. So this was my 3rd time going on a twilight boat so I sorta knew what to expect, of course I didn't expect to catch this giant fish. For me this trip was my personal best. So the bait we used for the barracuda was anchovies, I didn't expect the outcome to be great but until sunset EVERYONE and I literally mean it was catching barracuda with anchovies. So, I recommend you all go out on a twilight boat while the barracuda are there. The experience with the barracuda was priceless. That moment may have been one of the most chaotic moments of my life. My poor dad (city dad) was tying up my sisters line because a barracuda ripped it off. I then felt a snag and thought I was stuck at the bottom. I heard my dad say to me "Kelly keep reeling you got it!" so, thats what I did. All the sudden my dad tells me start moving to catch it. All of the sudden I hear people screaming "HOTLINE coming through!!!" That's when I knew it was for real. I saw the fish and I was amazed by how big it was. It was SUPER heavy to reel in and by the time I got it in I was literally out of breath. I saw my dads big smile and I knew he was proud of me. I felt so happy. I couldn't believe it. I just wanted to thank you all for encouraging me to do my best in fishing!!! I had a great time last night!!! The picture that goes with the post is me in 2007 fishing. Thanks for everything city dad!!!42026

Great catch City Girl!!!! Obviously good academic genes runs through your family. You write very well for a young teenager.

murrieta angler
07-23-2013, 10:45 AM
Sweet job Kelly!!
Seems every time you fish, you get your share.
Thanks for sharing and I'll see you at HG5
Robert
<><

Wingnut
07-24-2013, 11:59 AM
Great job on the nice catch! :Big Grin:
Looking forward to watching you defend your Jr. Fishing Derby Title at HG5. :Wink: