PDA

View Full Version : EZ come EZ go!

DynoDan
07-21-2013, 09:03 AM
So I went Saturday night instead of Friday. Got a few after dark on the Mac. Then bam land a 9.5. I got to say using med rod with some 30lb braid has been the best move for me for cats. Fun ride in! So my stringer with 3 fish including the big boy shook lose from the boat and went by by. Ended with a total of 10 fish between 3 guys! Not bad. But bring your rake cuz the weeds are in full effect. And bring your patience cuz that launch ramp on the back of Trout island is horrible and it take some time to load. Good news is the security guy said they will open the other launch ramp in front of trout iisland soon. Well good luck, be blessed and fish on!

TaperSteve
07-21-2013, 07:57 PM
Way to go on the almost DD 9.5lber Dan! Thanks for the update I know others on this site appreciate it. See you on the water soon buddy!

TS

vdubfiend
07-22-2013, 02:06 PM
thanks for the report !

We went Saturday as well and caught a few.. lost a few and missed some bites.. Brought some first timers out and got them on fish tho so it was a great trip

5150fishn
07-22-2013, 04:08 PM
Nice piggy you caught Dan! Glad you guys had a good day on the water bro. Too bad about the lost stringer but it happens to all of us at one time!

DynoDan
07-22-2013, 06:22 PM
Thanks guys here is a pic

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g10/superfly4christ/IMG_20130720_204818.jpg

Bobber Boy
07-22-2013, 08:33 PM
Nice feesh Dan! See ya soon!!

Bobber Boy
07-22-2013, 08:34 PM
Nice piggy you caught Dan! Glad you guys had a good day on the water bro. Too bad about the lost stringer but it happens to all of us at one time!
Funny how stringers have a way of JUMPING off the boat after they've been tied off! LOL

VineVideos
07-23-2013, 06:25 AM
Hey at least you got a good pic, Dan. I have been trying to get out every Thursday night. Last Thursday we had a nice stringer going but the stringer was the trout type with
multiple hooks. A metal stringer. We lost at least one off that stringer. I think they are fine for trout but not so good for the Catfish. So from now on it will be the normal solid rope type stringer for us.

I will be out again this Thursday night and give it another shot. The pattern for us has been very few bites until it is almost full dark. Then the bites come. I have learned to let the
rod load up good before setting the hook. I have been a saltwater angler all my life so this catfishing is new for me to learn but I am having a blast with it. Strictly fly line with at least a 6/0 J-hook
and a minimum of 15# mono and straight MackBites. Someone suggested braid which I'm sure is a good idea also.

Weeds have not been a problem for us. We just simply don't fish in the weeds although I'm sure it would be ok with the braid. I have found the weeds to be mainly in the middle of the'
flats and tend to avoid that area. A good flashlight in the dark can prevent getting all tangled up in that stuff. Last week we found plenty of fish much closer to the shore but in 20 feet of water
on back side of Trout Island. In fact only about 200 feet out from the Trout Island Ramp.

Anyway, hope you catch a bunch again your next time out. Thanks for the post and pic.

DJ