PDA

View Full Version : socal_fishing

moparferlife
07-20-2013, 07:33 PM
Anybody that has instgram follow and tag your fishing pics to socal_fishing.

Viejo
07-21-2013, 01:38 PM
Anybody that has instgram follow and tag your fishing pics to socal_fishing.

Why, per chance, should someone post those spots to another social media outlet with unlimited viewers? Who benefits?

fishermanx14
07-21-2013, 01:58 PM
Why, per chance, should someone post those spots to another social media outlet with unlimited viewers? Who benefits?

Don't listen to him....he is just a ghetto fisherman who dosen't know what he is talking about

moparferlife
07-21-2013, 02:09 PM
I didnt say spots? If your fishing hole is that nice and secret your a dumbass for postiing it on any social media at all.
I was just saying its just another way to share your catch if you want to.
I know some of the older crowd dosent have instgram but it is a cool app to sharw pics on.

Viejo
07-21-2013, 02:14 PM
I didnt say spots? If your fishing hole is that nice and secret your a dumbass for postiing it on any social media at all.
I was just saying its just another way to share your catch if you want to.
I know some of the older crowd dosent have instgram but it is a cool app to sharw pics on.

Sounds like a logical explanation and perhaps a good reason to try something new.

seal
07-21-2013, 03:03 PM
Old folk not knowing what instagram is? Hell I got no idea what an app is!

HawgZWylde
07-21-2013, 06:14 PM
Old folk not knowing what instagram is? Hell I got no idea what an app is!

I'm old, and I know what an app is. Even know what instagram is. But I figure I waste enough time in cyber space just coming here. Too much to do on the other side...

Fishermanx14;

Lol, Viejo is a ghetto fisherman? And you know this how?

seal
07-22-2013, 07:03 AM
I'm old, and I know what an app is. Even know what instagram is. But I figure I waste enough time in cyber space just coming here. Too much to do on the other side...

Fishermanx14;

Lol, Viejo is a ghetto fisherman? And you know this how?

I finally have a smart phone. Funny thing is my career was in computers and programming (management mostly), but 10 years out of the industry and I'm totally lost!

HawgZWylde
07-22-2013, 08:22 AM
I finally have a smart phone. Funny thing is my career was in computers and programming (management mostly), but 10 years out of the industry and I'm totally lost!

I just got one too and I can't stand it. But the phone co's are phasing out the flip phones. Man do I miss the days when none of this nonsense existed. Life was so much simpler, and anonymous...

seal
07-22-2013, 08:31 AM
I just got one too and I can't stand it. But the phone co's are phasing out the flip phones. Man do I miss the days when none of this nonsense existed. Life was so much simpler, and anonymous...

I'm with ya! Although the era of pagers was kind of worse, nothing like getting a 911 page while your out in the middle of a lake fishing somewhere.

HawgZWylde
07-22-2013, 08:39 AM
I'm with ya! Although the era of pagers was kind of worse, nothing like getting a 911 page while your out in the middle of a lake fishing somewhere.

Lol, totally agree with that. Can't tell you how many times that happened to me. The worst was being stuck in traffic in downtown L.A. and having to get off the freeway just to get to a payphone that was in some of the worst areas one could find themselves in. So I guess the cell phone did eliminate that problem, but geez, the can of worms did it open...

ben0606
07-22-2013, 10:54 PM
Lol, totally agree with that. Can't tell you how many times that happened to me. The worst was being stuck in traffic in downtown L.A. and having to get off the freeway just to get to a payphone that was in some of the worst areas one could find themselves in. So I guess the cell phone did eliminate that problem, but geez, the can of worms did it open...

Hey what's a pager?

Ahhhhhh hhhaaaaa j/k I had one in high school. I'm not that young.......

iloveGarick
07-24-2013, 01:02 PM
Don't listen to him....he is just a ghetto fisherman who dosen't know what he is talking about

Hmm.. I absolutely agree with Viejo, what's the point in building someone else's social media account? What's in it for me (or anyone else here for that matter?) to help socal_fishing produce content and build your business?

Because I can see that once you're able to build a large audience with lots of pictures/content/contributors to your page; then you might also be able to sell us to advertisers, thus making a profit for yourself.

moparferlife
07-24-2013, 05:10 PM
Hmm.. I absolutely agree with Viejo, what's the point in building someone else's social media account? What's in it for me (or anyone else here for that matter?) to help socal_fishing produce content and build your business?

Because I can see that once you're able to build a large audience with lots of pictures/content/contributors to your page; then you might also be able to sell us to advertisers, thus making a profit for yourself.

Uhhhh yea are you retarded??? The instgram isnt a business and when you figure out hoq to make money on intgram please tell me lol
I dont give a f*** follow it or dont I dontt care lol. And if you are that nieve to think you havent alredy been sold to a marketing group ( ex.the second you created a email account or when you search on google.) Im sorry.

And the worst part of this is you are a hypocrite!! Heres a nice lil quote from your thread promoting some free magazine and a printing company!!! That would require some one to submit much more info than just following a page on instgram.

As I've been somewhat involved in the digital communications/social media marketing world, I often hear about a lot of promotions and/or sometimes get products sent to me that I might review and write articles about them.

Well, I received this offer for a free year of Field and Stream magazine and so I thought I'd pass it on: http://cdn.mercurymagazines.com/101-1011063/index.html No, you don't need to sign anything or submit a credit card and you won't be charged later. (except I think they do send you the notices when the subscription is coming to an end and you can then renew at their special rates if you wish to continue. Otherwise, just let it run out.)

This offer is being sponsored by www.VistaPrint.com so be sure to visit them for any of your printing needs. *Personally, I've done 500 business-cards through them before for $11.

My birthday is next week so consider this a gift from me to you! :LOL:

iloveGarick
07-25-2013, 08:40 AM
Uhhhh yea are you retarded??? The instgram isnt a business and when you figure out how to make money on intgram please tell me lol
I dont give a f*** follow it or dont I dont care lol. And if you are that nieve to think you havent alredy been sold to a marketing group ( ex.the second you created a email account or when you search on google.) Im sorry.

And the worst part of this is you are a hypocrite!! Heres a nice lil quote from your thread promoting some free magazine and a printing company!!! That would require some one to submit much more info than just following a page on instgram.

I do work in digital communications so yes, I can possibly teach you how to make money from Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and all of the other social networks. Once you've built up a large following with lots of pictures/video; you would then be able to sell those eyeballs to advertisers. Hit up any of the big companies and tell them you have 100,000+ followers and sell them ad space that you'll put up one of their photos/ads to your account. You're not only asking people to follow, but also to do the work for you by contributing and building the account with their content. Everyone does the work for you and then you can reap the benefits. If Sport Chalet had come in here and posted the same thing, asking everyone to tag pictures and follow their account, I'd still go back to my original question.. What's in it for us?

VistaPrint gave me a free year subscription to Field and Stream so I've shared it here on FishingNetwork. They need to know your address in order to send you the magazine. The marketers who have ads within the magazine are the people who pay for the content/writers inside. If you put your email address down, yes; mercury may then send you other offers for free magazine subscriptions.. MIT Technology, Travel & Leisure, W, Shape, 39 weeks for Wall St. Journal, Ebony, Jet, and Wakeboarding are also available subscriptions but I didn't post those because obviously they're not relevant to this audience.

Hypocrite? Retarded? Wow.. does hurling such insults help you prove your point better? Kinda childish, don't you think?

moparferlife
07-25-2013, 10:46 AM
The insults rude? Yes they were I was annoyed at the time. But all im saying is how do we not know that you dont profit from promoting vista print and mercury magazines?
Im not demanding that people follow. If you do great if you dont np lol
You dont have to comment on it like its some scam or scheme to steal info or make money.
Its just like joining this site. What do you gain from sharing info when people can just look and read without being a member or are a member but just troll.
I still share info and pics.

Im sorry that you feel the way you do about it because that not what its about.

iloveGarick
07-26-2013, 07:28 AM
It's not that at all. I simply felt that Viejo made a valid point and was then shot down with being described as a "old ghetto fisherman." His question of "who benefits" still remained unanswered.

Don't you see all of the advertisements and sponsors on this website? And not just Google-AdSense, but targeted logos up top for Bass Pro Shops, Columbia, etc? Who do you think pays for domain hosting of this site? Who approves/bans members and why should they spend the time taking care of a website? Personal interest only goes so far. Just seemed a bit peculiar to get such a violent backlash from such an honest question of "why?"