PDA

View Full Version : shore question

FishTaco818
07-20-2013, 07:14 PM
Hello everyone, I know that striper fishing is the hot topic of conversation on this forum but I need some advice.

What is the best method to use for catching bass, bluegill, or catfish (c&r) from shore. Some buddies invited me but they want to fish from shore so I have to adapt my craft. I mainly asked because I have never fished at pyramid before.

Any info would be greatly appreciated

fish4anything
07-21-2013, 08:23 AM
Here's what the shore looked like 2 weeks ago when I was there. I had to cast about 20ft or more just to get over the thick moss. It was a wasted trip. Not sure what the shoreline looks like now but I'm not going back up until winter when it's guaranteed to be clear of all the moss.

quix
07-22-2013, 11:54 AM
It's worse now. Your best bet is to stay near the parking lot by the entrance and cast from the railing into the channel. You'll have to get there right when the lake opens, otherwise you'll be SOL. The shore anglers swarm that spot pretty quickly.

It's a waste of time for the most part. If you get one fish after a full day, you're lucky. You're better off renting a boat and trying out some of the bait spots.

FishTaco818
07-24-2013, 11:48 PM
Went out to the lake on Sunday with 3 buddies and it was not so great. Tried 2 spots at the entrance by visitor center then 2 spots from smokey bear entrance. Best luck was by the channel using nightcrawlers: 1 small striper and I believe 1 small mouth bass. Lots of bites, but not much luck. Others near us had luck catching stripers with cut mackerel.

Some boaters came back and said no luck for them either. Grassy weeds coming up on every other cast, then every cast when the wind kicked in full force.

Will try again some day.

seal
08-07-2013, 08:44 AM
Looks like frog fishing to me.