PDA

View Full Version : Silverwood stripers 7.20.13

JAG107
07-20-2013, 03:58 PM
After last week's mild success, I made a solo trip and had about the same luck, got 3 one pounders on the troll between 620-800. After that, it was dead. Saw a couple boats at the inlet picking off a few dinks here and there on flylined bait. The action there seemed a lot slower than last weekend. Got a few sprinkles and had some nice clouds all morning, then it got windy, and the jet skiers were speeding a little too close to me for my liking, so after 3 hours of no bites I called it a day. Metered lots of fish all over the lake at all depths pretty much, but the magic depth for getting bit was around 15'. Didn't pay particular attention to the dock baiters but I didn't see anything happening over there, but I was only in the area for a few minutes so that might not mean much. Hope that helps anybody that may be heading out soon, cheers.

Hardcor
07-20-2013, 04:11 PM
Thank you for the report ! What were you trolling and did you see if the water was running !

JAG107
07-20-2013, 04:49 PM
No water running that i could see, last week it was pretty turbid inside the buoy line but I didn't see that today.
All fish have been on scrounger flukes, nothing on flies or b-52s, or cali rig