PDA

View Full Version : 3lb Sculpin at NPH jetty! 7/17/13

Ifishtoolittle
07-20-2013, 01:33 AM
Late report guys. So I took the 50min drive down to NPH to fish with a buddy of mine and his other fishing partner in crime for a relaxing day of jetty fishing. The action overall was fair. Kelpfish, calicos, and sculpin were the predominate catches but other species were sighted.

The only crappy part about that day was that I managed to land my first legitimate spottie (11") in 3 years and on 4lb test nonetheless! Okay, that wasn't the crappy part. The crappy part was that I asked a fellow passerby for a picture, but she likely clicked the wrong button on my phone resulting in no photo. Ah well, it was my fault for not checking. Alright people it's time to sleep.

http://i661.photobucket.com/albums/uu337/Ifishtoolittle/IMG_24351_zps46639d93.jpg (http://s661.photobucket.com/user/Ifishtoolittle/media/IMG_24351_zps46639d93.jpg.html)

TUNAVIC
07-20-2013, 11:33 AM
Nice scully! Ha,I bet that Little guy still packs a big punch!

Cya TunaVic

Ifishtoolittle
07-21-2013, 12:24 AM
Thanks TUNAVIC! These little dinks put up absolutely no fight whatsoever, but when you try to unhook them they start shaking like they're having tremors. Horrible I say! lol I would've gotten stuck in the fingers if I wasn't too careful.

DockRat
07-21-2013, 05:05 AM
Very cool pic.

PTN
07-21-2013, 12:03 PM
That's a small fish to weigh 3 lbs. :LOL: J/K I hate when I think I took the picture but I really didn't or the picture ends up coming out blurry :Sad:. Thanks for the report.

-Peter

Ifishtoolittle
07-21-2013, 01:39 PM
Very cool pic.

Isn't it? Those little guys are so colorful.

That's a small fish to weigh 3 lbs. :LOL: J/K I hate when I think I took the picture but I really didn't or the picture ends up coming out blurry :Sad:. Thanks for the report.

-Peter

lol. It's a 3lbr in the making.

Yeah I hate it when I get blurry pictures too.

bachiboy
07-21-2013, 05:34 PM
Biggest problem with those little guys is taking the hook out of them gets tricky. Their spines are so close to your hands already that if you shake the thing at all, you're liable to get hit. Heard that the brown ones are actually worse of a sting than the bright red guys, but not willing to test that theory.:LOL: Already got hit twice in my life...that was quite enough of that.

Thanks for the read...
Don

fishshep
07-21-2013, 08:31 PM
I could tell by the look on "Little Spikies face, he is lookin down with his eyes

just lookin to SPIKE that thumb you stuck in his mouth !!! :LOL::LOL::LOL::ROFL:

Ifishtoolittle
07-21-2013, 10:10 PM
Biggest problem with those little guys is taking the hook out of them gets tricky. Their spines are so close to your hands already that if you shake the thing at all, you're liable to get hit. Heard that the brown ones are actually worse of a sting than the bright red guys, but not willing to test that theory.:LOL: Already got hit twice in my life...that was quite enough of that.

Thanks for the read...
Don

Thanks Don. It took a bit of hand maneuvering to get a solid lip grip on this guy, but I managed to prevail. I don't know about that color theory, but I'll let someone else test that out for you. lol!!!

I could tell by the look on "Little Spikies face, he is lookin down with his eyes

just lookin to SPIKE that thumb you stuck in his mouth !!! :LOL::LOL::LOL::ROFL:

The little dink was pissed, but he did decide to munch down on more than he could chew. :LOL:

carpanglerdude
07-22-2013, 09:19 PM
Hahahaha 3lb yep yep.

Had a good time fishing with you. Here is the video!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mTmliXUEgo&feature=share&list=UUtnDZYXJN-lSZTyayBYzeJw

Ifishtoolittle
07-23-2013, 05:44 PM
Yep, good fishing indeed.

Bobber Boy
07-23-2013, 07:25 PM
Very nice pic!

Ifishtoolittle
07-24-2013, 11:26 PM
Thanks. The little guys have the best colors IMO.