PDA

View Full Version : Be advised: Lake Isabella is closed to boating

cutbait
07-19-2013, 08:32 PM
Got word from a reliable bass tourney buddy that Isabella ramps are out of the water.

Tournament scheduled for tomorrow was cancelled. 4X4's might handle it but its a gamble.

Maybe one of the lake locals like fishing magician can verify?

I know this is the report section yadda yadda.... I will post in the general also, but people log on to the reports section for the lake info not the general section

cutbait
07-19-2013, 08:59 PM
It appears the lake is NOT closed to boating but getting stuck launching is the norm rather than a easy launch.

Be careful if you do try and take a 4x4

FishingwithDave
07-19-2013, 10:28 PM
Thanks for providing this info Mike. Been thinking about pulling boat up to Izzy this weekend and I don't have 4x4 so that would have sucked.

Tough water year. Hope the rain gods are kinder next season.

FishingwithDave
07-20-2013, 12:33 PM
The Bakersfield Californian reported in Saturday's paper that the boat ramps had been removed because the anchor lines had reached their limit. They hope to resolve the issue and have them back in the water by Monday.

Bassnman Mike
07-20-2013, 06:53 PM
I talked to a friend who was there yesterday, he has a fully rigged bass boat, and he launched and recovered just fine at the SOUTH FORK launch ramp. He said the only down side was not having the dock. He also stated basically the same as Cutbait, that the main launch ramp between the 2 dams was a real pain to launch and recover at and people were getting stuck there. So if anyone goes, launch at South Fork.

DirtyDave413
07-21-2013, 06:35 PM
We were there the first weekend in June and had no problem launching at Paradise Cove. All 4 tires of the truck were in the water. There is plenty of gravel there and the truck never spun the tires. Water may be lower now.

Bassnman Mike
07-22-2013, 07:29 AM
I recieved this news release from FM and figured I would post it up.

NEWS RELEASE
Sequoia National Forest
and Giant Sequoia National Monument
www.fs.usda.gov/sequoia
Twitter: @sequoiaforest
Low lake level leads to no docks at Lake Isabella
Kernville, CA, June 19, 2013 –Boat docks around Lake Isabella have been removed by the Forest
Service. The docks reached the end of their anchor wires, which keep them from floating away, and
were left high and dry as a result. To prevent potential injury or vehicle collision with the grounded
docks, the Forest Service has removed them from the boat ramps.
At Launch 19, boaters need to be aware of a sand bar at the end of the ramp. On Monday, the Forest
Service will remove the sandbar and attempt to move the dock’s anchor further from shore to get the
dock back in the water.
In the meantime, boats can be launched from the South Fork ramp; but it also is affected by the low
water. Only a few feet of concrete ramp still remain submerged at the South Fork launch before
reaching a one-to-two feet drop to the mud/sand lake bottom. Please exercise caution when
submerging your trailers for launch and pick-up at this location.
Please be prepared to launch your boat without a dock—either by bringing a second person or by
planning a way to use multiple anchors near shore. Inspect the ramp before use to ensure that your
watercraft will not run aground when approaching it. Water safety is just as important, even with the low
water levels this year; remember to have a Coast Guard approved life vest when on the water!

DirtyDave413
07-25-2013, 04:28 PM
Anybody been on there lately? Seeing any Carp activity?

cutbait
07-25-2013, 07:12 PM
South ramp south ramp south ramp.

Its still functional