PDA

View Full Version : Bait & Waiters

Master Baiter1
07-19-2013, 04:55 PM
A guy I know that likes to bait fish has been nailing em on chicken liver. Mid morning today he had 3 stripers from 3 to 7 lbs and 3 catfish from 5 to 12 lbs when he called me. Missed several others. He caught some the other day too. Just an update for you bait and waiters. All in open water. I was in poor cell reception at a job when he called so I got cut off. Don't know how many he ended up with. They seem to be on bait if that's your thing? Good luck and I thought I would share for those interested in that type of fishing.

koifish
07-19-2013, 05:07 PM
A guy I know that likes to bait fish has been nailing em on chicken liver. Mid morning today he had 3 stripers from 3 to 7 lbs and 3 catfish from 5 to 12 lbs when he called me. Missed several others. He caught some the other day too. Just an update for you bait and waiters. All in open water. I was in poor cell reception at a job when he called so I got cut off. Don't know how many he ended up with. They seem to be on bait if that's your thing? Good luck and I thought I would share for those interested in that type of fishing.

good to know...somtimes after work jist want to sit and relax for 1 hr instead of moving from spots to spots...what is the best weight 3/4-1oz on c-rig?

Master Baiter1
07-19-2013, 05:20 PM
No. His technique is like mine. No weight and natural presentation. Sometimes a small wait or split shot. The flow according to him was slow enough where he was that no weight and a big chunk of liver stayed in the sweet spot by a curve. Stripers will pick it up and run and drop it. Key then is to leave it out and slowly lift your bait with your rod tip and let it fall and move and they will slam it again. Almost like a slow jigging of lures but with bait. Find the right bend and I guarantee you will at least catch catfish. When the water was super clear a couple of weeks ago he saw schools of 40+ catfish bunched up.

Master Baiter1
07-22-2013, 08:04 PM
Update. He got 3 more cats and 3 stripers this morning too in a few hours. Didn't talk to him today, just got the text of the fish. All on chicken liver. He didn't mention flow conditions today.

Master Baiter1
07-25-2013, 01:49 PM
Update again. My bait homie is on great catch streak! He got 2 stripers and 5 catfish in an hour on bait again this morning in very slow flow in the text I got.