PDA

View Full Version : Help the old guy's out here.

etucker1959
07-19-2013, 11:12 AM
I have my own boat so normally this question would never come up for me. Since Irvine lake now has a major weed growth problem and is a shrinking lake. It's easier for us to just rent a boat. However, how do you tie the anchors off in a easy fashion? In my boat, which is also a tin boat, cleats in the bow and stern make that a piece of cake. Anyone got any ideas out there for a couple of middle age men? lol

VineVideos
07-19-2013, 03:34 PM
Hey Tuck.... I remember when I used to be one of those middle aged men. I was in good shape them. But not now. With a triple by-pass, open heart surgery and later three stents,
I don't have the pull I used to have. I always take a pontoon at Irvine Lake and they are well equipped with plenty of cleats. But I do not need to be pulling on those heavy anchors.

What I do is try to make sure there is at least one "able bodied" to do the "hook pulling." That way I kind of become the Captain and tell them when and where to drop and pull the hook.

Now if I can only figure out where to drop it !! I was out last night and had young Tony Williams to do the hook pulling chores. He did a great job and we managed to get into some good Catfishing.

Thanks,

DJ

Stinkbait
07-19-2013, 06:25 PM
I rent there often.
If no pontoon, the only spot on the standard boats is the bench seat bracket attached to the rails. The "L" bracket..

etucker1959
07-20-2013, 09:47 AM
I rent there often.
If no pontoon, the only spot on the standard boats is the bench seat bracket attached to the rails. The "L" bracket..

Thanks stinkbait, so there is no trick. Cleats would be nice. Hint Hint Hint

reelgurlzfish
07-24-2013, 10:13 PM
Those anchors are horrible! eric you have met me and know im no amazon woman lol i would love to get out there in a boat however i cant lift those anchors off the ground. i sure wish there was an alternative

shore fishing is a joke. i cant cast past the weeds.

etucker1959
07-24-2013, 10:31 PM
Those anchors are horrible! eric you have met me and know im no amazon woman lol i would love to get out there in a boat however i cant lift those anchors off the ground. i sure wish there was an alternative

shore fishing is a joke. i cant cast past the weeds.

I feel for you Kelli!!!!!!! In my boat, I have much smaller anchors connected to a long chain. It does a great job but would be very expensive on a fleet of rental boats.