PDA

View Full Version : Silverwood float tube regs?

ghettofishermans son
07-18-2013, 03:07 PM
I finally got everything I need to take my float tube out . I usually fish Silverwood but wanted to know what the float tubing regulations are . Can I fish along the buoy line by the spillway ? Or are float tubes only allowed in certain coves? Also do I have to get a inspection of the tube for quagga/zebra mussels ?

seal
07-18-2013, 03:14 PM
You can fish anywhere you please except over the buoy lines, of course nobody is SUPPOSED to fish over the buoy lines.

I don't want to tell you that you don't have to get inspections, but I think I'm the only one that ever actually stopped to get mine inspected and that was my first trip after they started the mussel inspection routine, they thanked me but I think they laughed after I left. Get the point?

Other than that carry a PFD get yourself a whistle and your good to go. Yes chances of getting stopped to check for a whistle are very slim but every once in a while coastguard will show up.

ghettofishermans son
07-18-2013, 03:22 PM
You can fish anywhere you please except over the buoy lines, of course nobody is SUPPOSED to fish over the buoy lines.

I don't want to tell you that you don't have to get inspections, but I think I'm the only one that ever actually stopped to get mine inspected and that was my first trip after they started the mussel inspection routine, they thanked me but I think they laughed after I left. Get the point?

Other than that carry a PFD get yourself a whistle and your good to go. Yes chances of getting stopped to check for a whistle are very slim but every once in a while coastguard will show up.

Thanks for the info seal. Ill deffinently be out there tubing now. And I'll deffinently pick up a whistle I'd rather be safe than sorry . Don't wanna get kicked off the water for the day for not having a 2$ whistle.

drifter023
07-18-2013, 07:08 PM
If you are out at the buoy lines I would have a flag of some sort on that tube or any where in open water. At least during the summer time I am in a boat there and it is the lake lice that scare the bageebes out of me. Been bumped twice and I was setting still minor bumps but some do not pay attention to where they are going I do not think they even know where there at.:Bug Eyes:

seal
07-19-2013, 08:18 AM
If you are out at the buoy lines I would have a flag of some sort on that tube or any where in open water. At least during the summer time I am in a boat there and it is the lake lice that scare the bageebes out of me. Been bumped twice and I was setting still minor bumps but some do not pay attention to where they are going I do not think they even know where there at.:Bug Eyes:

This time of the year it is wise to stay within the 5mph zones in both Miller and Cleghorn, besides the kick into the channel would be choppy as hell and when wind comes up in the afternoon you might get stranded out there begging for a ride back. Hell I've almost not made it back from the backside in a kayak before on a windy afternoon!