PDA

View Full Version : do people fish here still?

DynoDan
07-17-2013, 08:03 PM
C'on guys no reports in the last few weeks? Has this lake died? I sure it hasn't. I'll be there Friday night so hopefully I'll have a report on Saturday! Fish on! ><>√\/\/\

VineVideos
07-17-2013, 10:16 PM
Hey Dan.... Nothing has died to my knowledge. But you're right. The blog here has been in some kind of coma it appears. Probably folks on vacation I suppose. I will be there tomorrow night and hopefully get in on
some good Catfishing !! Hope you catch a bunch Friday.

DJ

troutdog
07-17-2013, 11:33 PM
Good luck out there guys!

TD

catfishkid1
07-18-2013, 09:23 AM
It's still alive,,,,,,,It's vacation time!!!:EyePop:

etucker1959
07-18-2013, 10:40 AM
C'on guys no reports in the last few weeks? Has this lake died? I sure it hasn't. I'll be there Friday night so hopefully I'll have a report on Saturday! Fish on! ><>√\/\/\
I was wondering the same thing myself. I know their is a group of regulars that love the place so much, they would fish it anyway even if the fishing was slow. So where are the reports? Well my mother always said " If you want something done right, you might as well do it your self." lol We are going tonight, so expect a report good or bad after we get back.

Big Willy
07-18-2013, 11:31 AM
Tuna, Tuna, Tuna, on my mind!!! Catfish are not. Seasons are as follows for me and most of my friends, trout winter and spring, tuna summer and fall. I look forward to next season trout fishing. But for now It's deep ocean fun!

etucker1959
07-18-2013, 03:26 PM
i
Tuna, Tuna, Tuna, on my mind!!! Catfish are not. Seasons are as follows for me and most of my friends, trout winter and spring, tuna summer and fall. I look forward to next season trout fishing. But for now It's deep ocean fun!

Well let's see. $325 bucks for a ticket on a 1.5 trip, $80 gas round trip, $30 Galley bill, $25 fish cleaning, $20 tip, $30, tackle. If my math is right, yo'u can go to Irvine lake for about 1/10 the price of tuna trip. Don't get me wrong Tuna trips are great!!!!!!! I go on a few every year myself. The problem is I need more fishing then I could afford just going on Ocean fishing trips.

Big Willy
07-18-2013, 03:39 PM
Well let's see mr tucker,
Yep, it's not cheap. I usually go longer than 1.5 day. I leave on a 3 day next week, but what does that have to do with the question at hand? Tuna fishing is the reason why none of my friends or I have been posting reports. We don't really fish Catfish. So, no report's for Irvine lake. I love the place but not this time of year. Honestly, If I'm going to a lake in So Cal heat, I'm jumping in it......

catfishkid1
07-18-2013, 04:51 PM
Well let's see mr tucker,
Yep, it's not cheap. I usually go longer than 1.5 day. I leave on a 3 day next week, but what does that have to do with the question at hand? Tuna fishing is the reason why none of my friends or I have been posting reports. We don't really fish Catfish. So, no report's for Irvine lake. I love the place but not this time of year. Honestly, If I'm going to a lake in So Cal heat, I'm jumping in it......

With the price increase last year and then with the catch and release rules on all bass including stripers it's beginning to deflate a few peoples wallets, so It's costly to go elsewhere. That's just my personal opinion!!!!

catfishkid1
07-18-2013, 04:55 PM
*less costly*

Rooster
07-18-2013, 05:29 PM
Hey Dan, I have not fished there since the masters. Love the lake, love the staff but have not made my way out this catfish season.

Have heard a lot of complaints from some buds of mine with boats & they refuse to go out there with all the grass messing up outboards etc.
Sadly a buddy of mine had a overheating issue and now they refuse to take there boats.

I have not ever seen what they describe at the lake but basically they want to take my boat out now in which they got me thinking twice about it.

I guess I am just going to have to get out there & see for myself. Hope 2 cya soon Dan

dixoncider
07-18-2013, 05:35 PM
weeds...lots of weeds..

shiromaguro88
07-18-2013, 08:12 PM
You forgot to add fuel surcharge.

fish ful
07-19-2013, 09:33 AM
I went on the 4th and with the weeds and a lot of people not getting bit on the catfish. i have not wanted to go till the grass is gone. We did get about 6 LM bass and one 5" wiper. not a bite on catfish that trip or the last two.

Let me know when the grass is gone and i'll be first in line.

FKNChristopH
07-19-2013, 10:06 AM
Fished the last tournament, my friends boat had soo many problems with the weeds and his outboard.

As for fishing. They're there.. I lost a decent sized fish in the weeds. Didnt have the proper stick to pull him out (brought medium spinning sticks). Fresh cut with bite on helped a lot. Look for pockets of weeds and cast in them. Bite is right before sundown.

But mostly I've been fishing salt water.

*shakka*

etucker1959
07-19-2013, 10:23 AM
I went on the 4th and with the weeds and a lot of people not getting bit on the catfish. i have not wanted to go till the grass is gone. We did get about 6 LM bass and one 5" wiper. not a bite on catfish that trip or the last two.

Let me know when the grass is gone and i'll be first in line.

We fished it last night so this is up to date information. Yes there is weeds every where. However their is hope for a decent catfish bite. The lake staff is now directing the catfish stocking to be done on the back side of trout island. This is very significant because their is a zone in the Santiago Flats that is deep and weed free. Since the catfish are now being stocked right in front of this zone, it may create a natural barrier to keep some of the catfish boxed in. Only time will tell if my theory is correct.

VineVideos
07-19-2013, 10:30 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rtcz-i1DJ5g

This is my fish report for last night, Dan.

guide
07-19-2013, 07:29 PM
yeah the weeds are bad but you need to check your motor every once in awhile and pull the weeds off the prop and water intake those are vital areas where the grass builds up. i have been going for the titan so i dont get as many bites compared to if i was going for the perfect pan size. from i have been seeing people arent catching crap. just a few 10%ers

See Chris Fish
07-19-2013, 10:27 PM
Yep, lots of weeds. Like Eric said, check your prop and intake. I'm in tune with the sound/feel of my boat so I know when the weeds are on the prop. You can feel the boat not responding well and struggling for power. I also look at the "piss" coming out of the motor to make sure that the intake is all good. Last time out I cleaned my prop at least 6 times. A pain, yes, but you do get to get a little wet to cool down. It beats working so I'm not complaining.
I'm still new to this catfish stuff, so it's hit and miss for me. Got a skunk last time.
Fishing, not catching. Like the Terminator said, I'll be back!!!

Prowler_Tuber
07-19-2013, 11:30 PM
Its the grass its keeping people away getting stuck sucks its like fishing in quick sand