PDA

View Full Version : Lake Gregory Help

BarracudaBen
07-17-2013, 01:13 PM
Heading up to a cabin in Crestline with a couple friends 2morrow to fish lake gregory. Ive never fished the lake before so I was wondering if anyone else has any experience.
Will the water temp be cool enough for trout to be active in mid July? I have my doubts..
What other species can/should I target if temp is too high? I hear theres no bass and the crappie are stunted as heck.....bullheads???
Im planning on bringing light/medium spinning setup... trout worms... pb and nightcrawlers
I appreciate any help I can get

RTG
07-17-2013, 03:13 PM
Heading up to a cabin in Crestline with a couple friends 2morrow to fish lake gregory. Ive never fished the lake before so I was wondering if anyone else has any experience.
Will the water temp be cool enough for trout to be active in mid July? I have my doubts..
What other species can/should I target if temp is too high? I hear theres no bass and the crappie are stunted as heck.....bullheads???
Im planning on bringing light/medium spinning setup... trout worms... pb and nightcrawlers
I appreciate any help I can get
Some small trout are still being caught. Haven't seen any browns for a while, though. The lake has lots of stunted crappies, but even they have slowed a bit. You shouldn't have any trouble catching bullheads. They're all over the place. And finally, the lake has some really nice LM bass. They hang around the stumps and fallen trees.

BarracudaBen
07-17-2013, 06:05 PM
Some small trout are still being caught. Haven't seen any browns for a while, though. The lake has lots of stunted crappies, but even they have slowed a bit. You shouldn't have any trouble catching bullheads. They're all over the place. And finally, the lake has some really nice LM bass. They hang around the stumps and fallen trees.

thanks man I appreciate it...pics to come

castle
07-20-2013, 05:40 PM
fish from one of their overopinoinoned boats?