PDA

View Full Version : Pier fishing is going downhill....

reelgurlzfish
07-16-2013, 08:59 PM
So I went to Belmont Pier after a hiatus for trout fishing. They put in a new parking meter system. I'm not a stupid person but I just can't figure it out. Its almost like you have to go add money every hour

then I decided to go to seal beach which is my usual serenity. Come to find the end of pier/Ruby's is all shut down so the pier is now packed and to make things worse many of the ignorant are taking up multiple locations with at least. 5 Poles each. Sad that the ghettoites are now taking over there as well........ sigh....

.surf fishing is limited during the day because of all the swimmers. Get kicked out by the life guards by 10 or 11 now.....le sigh......

that all

:Soap Box:

Ifishtoolittle
07-16-2013, 09:12 PM
Welcome to Socal! It's a sad reality that we as anglers must face. My best advice for situations like this is to avoid the crowd or go above and beyond and dish out some advance fishing skills.

etucker1959
07-16-2013, 09:53 PM
So I went to Belmont Pier after a hiatus for trout fishing. They put in a new parking meter system. I'm not a stupid person but I just can't figure it out. Its almost like you have to go add money every hour

then I decided to go to seal beach which is my usual serenity. Come to find the end of pier/Ruby's is all shut down so the pier is now packed and to make things worse many of the ignorant are taking up multiple locations with at least. 5 Poles each. Sad that the ghettoites are now taking over there as well........ sigh....

.surf fishing is limited during the day because of all the swimmers. Get kicked out by the life guards by 10 or 11 now.....le sigh......

that all

:Soap Box:

I've got a parking meter story for you. Down in San Diego in the summer of 2011, they changed the system for the auxiliary parking lot for the three big landings. From a simple system of sticking cash into a slot with your parking space number. To a computerized system that only took bank cards. Adding to the confusing was their were no lights and bad instruction on the box. Needless to say, I heard a number of people all got parking tickets when they got back from their tuna trips.

bowler
07-17-2013, 12:29 AM
I had the lifeguard try to tell me I couldn't surf fish before I told where does it say that it is not allowed and they don't say anything after that.

keenefish
07-17-2013, 09:29 AM
Try sticking to the jetties, 72nd street or seal beach, it you are targeting halibuts with occasional short cudas, bat ray, skate. There is plenty of free parking if your willing to walk a block or two. I would try Newport pier if your looking for macs or Bonita or just a place to chill, it goes out a good distance and can attrack a lot of fish, here too you can find free parking if your willing to walk and get there early enough.
Keene

I*B*CATCHIN
07-18-2013, 06:35 AM
@reelgurlz .....Try samo ......I have a spot for free parking ....pm if your interested......there always trying to get all our money ....quote from a famous black man ....only in America. .....author .. Don King

LbcLakers
07-18-2013, 07:54 AM
Google maps for parking, get up earlier for a good spot on the pier. problem solved :Big Grin:

smokehound
07-19-2013, 12:05 AM
I like the harbors better, personally.

Piers can be good, it all depends on chance with piers.

reelgurlzfish
07-19-2013, 11:52 AM
Harbors are good but usually with a boat. but maybe iI dontdon't know the good spots to go either

bowler
07-19-2013, 05:48 PM
Harbors are good but the piers in Newport get so packed with ppl that it's not funny. I like to fish the surf over any pier. I have 4 surf spots with free parking and not a lot of fisherman.

smokehound
07-19-2013, 07:00 PM
Harbors are good but usually with a boat. but maybe iI dontdon't know the good spots to go eitherSending you a PM. You seem like a responsible angler, so I'll give you some spots that always produce for me.

bachiboy
07-19-2013, 10:04 PM
Don't think I've set foot on a pier to fish in over 30 years. From the sounds of things, I guess I haven't been missing much. Gotta work them beaches early before the swimmers and surfers take over. Gives you about a 4-5 hour window in the mornings...less on the weekends. Good luck out there!

Don

bowler
07-19-2013, 10:14 PM
I have fished all day in front of a life guard tower in Newport during the summer and I had no problems with ppl cross are line. Then again we put out wooden spikes and tie plastic bags to them so ppl would see that we were fishing there. The bags blow in the wind and ppl saw that when they were walking or running on the beach.