PDA

View Full Version : Dead

riverside_angler
07-16-2013, 08:21 PM
Is the lake as dead as this forum? Unfortunately, this site is how I get my fishing fix since I don't have much free time to actually fish. But where are all the largemouth reports? Matt, you out there? I'd be good with just some nice photos of recent catches.

Come on....where ya at?

youronecastshort
07-16-2013, 10:33 PM
No the lakes the are far from dead. I my self am guilty of not posting reports but still lurking(if I get something special ill share) I personally believe its due to the high amount of parenting on the site you say the wrong thing you are banned and many of your local guys have been banned simply for there opinion. as this alone might get me bumped (oh well wont be my first) But on another side I use to post but my spots got to darn crowded you put one good day of fishing and your spot is blown out for weeks spots where there were only 4-5 tubers no lie hits as high as 15+ when there where to many active post going up

Viejo
07-17-2013, 06:51 AM
No the lakes the are far from dead. I my self am guilty of not posting reports but still lurking(if I get something special ill share) I personally believe its due to the high amount of parenting on the site you say the wrong thing you are banned and many of your local guys have been banned simply for there opinion. as this alone might get me bumped (oh well wont be my first) But on another side I use to post but my spots got to darn crowded you put one good day of fishing and your spot is blown out for weeks spots where there were only 4-5 tubers no lie hits as high as 15+ when there where to many active post going up

Welcome to the reality of the modern internet where you can connect with thousands of life minded fisher persons in a matter of minutes. Twenty million people live within two hours drive of any place that is regularly talked about here.

Post a good day of fishing....you bet. Post exactly where you were fishing....only if you enjoy lots of company and comments like, "I don't understand why the bite turned off".

HawgZWylde
07-17-2013, 07:23 AM
No, not at all. It's just the typical summer grind. I fish DVL every week and if I posted a report every week it would look like a copy and paste job. You know the drill, "got there early, threw top-water and reaction till the sun came up, then fish the 10-40ft range with plastics, 15-20+ fish caught". Basically that's how it is right now. Most fish are in the 2-3lb range and the big girls are, as usual in summer, playing hard to get. I don't actively chase them but from what I'm hearing Stripey is appearing a little bit more than the last year or so. Saw a lot of gills, some crappy, and but-loads of juvenile LMB's at the dams. Oh, and another redundant bit of info, it's frigging hot as hell out there. The only thing "different" that's happened in the last few weeks is I witnessed a Bayliner run aground between the island and the point at bathroom cove, and watched a fire yesterday, but I digress...

youronecastshort, bumped? Lol, have you been in the "general" section lately? At times, it's a free for all...

Misfitdog
07-17-2013, 10:16 AM
Don't really think the lake is dead , just a lot of people are using different forums or forms of communication . because these forums are full of trolls

riverside_angler
07-17-2013, 11:01 AM
I understand guys. But thanks for sharing. Like I said, this is my fix so any info is exciting to me.

Fishingkid97
07-17-2013, 01:07 PM
What's the water conditions like out at DVL lately? I haven't been out there for 3-4 weeks now.

HawgZWylde
07-17-2013, 09:11 PM
What's the water conditions like out at DVL lately? I haven't been out there for 3-4 weeks now.

Temps are 78-81, clear to slightly stained. Some spots have 20' visibility. Turbidity is awesome right now and fish can be caught all over the lake...

Pete Marino
07-17-2013, 11:18 PM
Riverside angler.... Go to the Perris forum and get your fix by reading my reports...The Bite is WFO out at Perris so Ill be staying there until ...well until the tournies start again at DVL during the day.. I just posted a report yeaterday..

Pete

etucker1959
07-18-2013, 01:23 AM
No, not at all. It's just the typical summer grind. I fish DVL every week and if I posted a report every week it would look like a copy and paste job. You know the drill, "got there early, threw top-water and reaction till the sun came up, then fish the 10-40ft range with plastics, 15-20+ fish caught". Basically that's how it is right now. Most fish are in the 2-3lb range and the big girls are, as usual in summer, playing hard to get. I don't actively chase them but from what I'm hearing Stripey is appearing a little bit more than the last year or so. Saw a lot of gills, some crappy, and but-loads of juvenile LMB's at the dams. Oh, and another redundant bit of info, it's frigging hot as hell out there. The only thing "different" that's happened in the last few weeks is I witnessed a Bayliner run aground between the island and the point at bathroom cove, and watched a fire yesterday, but I digress...

youronecastshort, bumped? Lol, have you been in the "general" section lately? At times, it's a free for all...
A free for all....... Not really!!!!!!!

DockRat
07-18-2013, 08:14 PM
A free for all....... Not really!!!!!!!

It would be nice if Etucker or Lady Quagga would post a report some year.

http://i1076.photobucket.com/albums/w451/eduardosandoval1/523189_408914535839770_1705290689_n.jpg (http://media.photobucket.com/user/eduardosandoval1/media/523189_408914535839770_1705290689_n.jpg.html)

riverside_angler
07-18-2013, 08:18 PM
Thanks Pete! Trust me, I've read every one of your posts, and I'm trying to build the courage to go on one of your trips.

Riverside angler.... Go to the Perris forum and get your fix by reading my reports...The Bite is WFO out at Perris so Ill be staying there until ...well until the tournies start again at DVL during the day.. I just posted a report yeaterday..

Pete

TroutOnly
07-18-2013, 08:24 PM
But i love trolling,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

etucker1959
07-19-2013, 01:03 AM
It would be nice if Etucker or Lady Quagga would post a report some year.

http://i1076.photobucket.com/albums/w451/eduardosandoval1/523189_408914535839770_1705290689_n.jpg (http://media.photobucket.com/user/eduardosandoval1/media/523189_408914535839770_1705290689_n.jpg.html)

That's funny you should mention that!!!!! I joined FNN to make some new fishing friends. I figured the easiest way to do that is offer something that nobody could resist. Free fishing in a Regional Park. It's not really even fishing!!! If you fish with me, you will be catching more catfish and Carp then you could imagine in your wildest dreams. Last year my personal fish count was 950 catfish and countless numbers of DD Carp. If I tried to make new friends by saying, "Let's go tuna fishing together and it's only going to cost you $500 bucks." How many friends do you think I'm going to make? Well did my plan work? Heck yes!!!!! I'm writing this comment after just getting back from Irvine lake with my friend Jared. aka (Allanon) A year ago a strange thing then happened!!!! As I was writing up my adventures, a gang of thugs started Crapping all over my little fishing reports. You might recognize some of their names, Skyler, DarkShadow, FishingArteest, DockRat and a Blubberly Pinaped. Well, I won't mention what happened after that. So when all the dust cleared, I found them all talking trash in the general discussion section. So now here was my chance to take them on one on one, not 13 against one. So now you know why, "I don't write many fish reports anymore." That's too bad too, I go on some pretty neat fishing trips.