PDA

View Full Version : Skinner 7/16 a few surprises

P.A.W.
07-16-2013, 04:59 PM
Lake has been closed a while so I was expecting some eager feeders. Mid week expecting light traffic. Wrong on both counts. Long line to get in this morning and the bite was a grind. Hit 7 or 8 stripers on the troll but still small ones. No action at the inlet early even though water was running. I will be targeting Bass tomorrow so I can report more then. Saw Matt from Last Chance out there and he was on some LMB though not wide open. Water is somewhat stained and 78-80 degrees.

Stinkbait
07-16-2013, 05:59 PM
Fished it last week, last day before the art festival. 78.8 to 80 degree water and crystal clear. So clear we asked if they did a ninja blue stone on us. Nope. Got bit a few times. The flip bite has slowed down a little. There was some bait on the deep hump near the middle, and marked some fish on the bottom.

Water turn over?? Something changed anyway.

Hardcor
07-18-2013, 01:09 PM
How did you do on the greenie's ? and is the water running everyday ?

Thanks P.A.W.

JAG107
07-18-2013, 02:44 PM
Hey at least the troll bite is still happening! I'm a little surprised along with you about the bite, but hey it is Skinner we're talking about! Glad you got some taco meat for your effort.

P.A.W.
07-18-2013, 03:33 PM
How did you do on the greenie's ? and is the water running everyday ?

Thanks P.A.W.

Hey Core, I actually went back the next day Wednesday the 17th and focused on green bass. Did pretty well. Not big numbers but some nice fish from 2-4 pounds. They're really feisty too. At the end of my day around 11:00 I decided what the heck and dropped the Urig while I had a drink and a snack. Within 10 minutes I was hooked up. Still a small one but it shows they are still catchable in the heat later in the morning.
As for the water. Level is down a bit and the inlet was running hard both days I was there.

JigStop
07-19-2013, 04:09 PM
"Did pretty well. Not big numbers but some nice fish from 2-4 pounds. They're really feisty too." Several of the fish we caught has marks on their sides like there is some kind of parasite infestation. I think that's whats making them so "feisty".