PDA

View Full Version : SWATing It Solo!

SP Dan
07-16-2013, 02:23 PM
Quick report.

I worked day shift yesterday and back to work last night for the graveyard shift. Got off work at 0530 hrs and haven't seen my pillow in 36 hours.

I decided at the last minute not to waste a perfectly good morning and to hit up a few spots which I refer to as "my backyard". For those of you that know me, you will already know the AO's in which I am referring.
I did put out a few quick offers to a couple of my SWAT Brotha's from both teams but no takers due to it was at the last minute ..... SORRY GUYS! .... so ...SOLO it is! :Wink:
I figured that I'd pull an Arturo maneuver and keep on going with out any sleep for now and try to pull a rabbit out of my hat. :Big Grin: Or ... to pull a Roberto and land a new species or a new PB, or even a Mikey-o ... and land a few monstrous :EyePop: WSB! Well ... You can't blame a guy for getting his hopes up .... RIGHT?!?!?! :Big Grin:
I was also hoping for a few more points along the way for my team .... and it happened ... thanks to the grace of Poseidon! All in all .... I had a nice session, I got in a couple of miles of hiking in along the ocean and the weather was absolutely perfect! :Wink:

Conditions: 0630 OGT 2.5 ft, 0830 OGT 1.8 ft, 0936 LT 1.7 ft and at my exit time was 1130 ICT 2.0 ft.
Surf: 1-2 ft, Swell: 1.3 ft, Sets: 11 seconds, Water Temp; 69 deg, Air Temp: 63 - 79 deg, Wind: gentle, Water Clarity: dirty, stirred-up with some salad at first and a lot of it was mostly deposited in isolated areas along the beach which cleared up beautifully by 0830 hrs. It looked very promising indeed.

Fish Count On One Hand: 0715 hrs (1) 15" Hali (1 point), 0800 hrs (1) 16"+ Checker side (5 points) and at 0900 hrs (1) 8" Hali (1 point).
I did farm a few .... I don't know how that's possible! One pulled line, jumped :BabbleFish: in the air and freed it's self! Go figure!

So I was happy to be able to finally contribute some points to "Team South Shores" and I'll try again this weekend my friends .... to add a few more points!

Well .... That's it! .... :Wink: Short and Sweet!
I have pictures but we've all seen short fish! :LOL:

Thanx for checking out my blurb. :Cool:

SP Dan <"))><

bachiboy
07-16-2013, 02:32 PM
So there I am, changing diapers, putting the little one down to sleep, lay down, just about to fall asleep and BUZZZZZ BUZZZZZZ...uh oh, a text? IT'S DAN...hope he got a big-un! Nope, just asking if I could join him.:LOL: Well, wish I coulda bud. Sounds like you were able to get us some points. Great job out there! Lookin forward to joining you soon...

Don

Wingnut
07-16-2013, 02:53 PM
Thanks for the invite text this morning Brother Dan, but I'm about 300 miles from that A.O. at the moment... :Wink:
Nice job earning some points for Team South Shores. You now have 7 points, You have a long way to catch up to Team Pacific Shores and Team Reel Em In, lol :Envious:
Congratulations, you have now officially murdered that Skunk that's been pestering you. :Big Grin:

I need my teammates to wake up and smell the Halibut, hahaha :LOL:

dlmoo312
07-17-2013, 02:02 PM
Your sleep deprived mission paid off! :Big Grin:
Way to go on getting some more points for your team.
Whenever I go to fish the surf, I can't help but get my hopes up on the possibility landing a monster that day lol cuz you never know when it might happen... :Wink:
Thanks for the report, Dan!

-Dnaiel

bbqsushi
07-17-2013, 11:13 PM
Of course, I would've chosen sleep. You are "the man" amongst men. Way to get some points brother Dan!!!

bloox8
07-18-2013, 12:11 PM
Nice work out there! Seems like the bite completely shut down after 9am, but at least you got a good morning work out (not to mention 7 points :Big Grin:)

Thien

DockRat
07-18-2013, 07:41 PM
Team South Shores lol. Ever try the F rated beach inside Cabrillo ?
DR

Dci4me
07-19-2013, 06:27 PM
Nice job! Carpe Diem!

PTN
07-19-2013, 07:42 PM
Great job Dan. Way to put some points up on the board unlike me :Sad:. Haven't gotten much on the boards so I've been a lurker and the Commander caught me red handed in the cookie jar..:LOL: I hope you do well during your night mission. Wish I could join but work beckons :Cool:.

-Peter

SP Dan
07-20-2013, 12:32 PM
Thanx Don,

Your kind of busy is the best kind of busy!
When you've earned another "Hall Pass" .... give me a shout!

SP Dan
07-20-2013, 01:05 PM
Thanks for the invite text this morning Brother Dan, but I'm about 300 miles from that A.O. at the moment... :Wink:
Nice job earning some points for Team South Shores. You now have 7 points, You have a long way to catch up to Team Pacific Shores and Team Reel Em In, lol :Envious:
Congratulations, you have now officially murdered that Skunk that's been pestering you. :Big Grin:

I need my teammates to wake up and smell the Halibut, hahaha :LOL:

Thanx Arthur,
You are always near in our SWAT hearts Sir and it definitely feels good to have Mr Smelly off my back! :Big Grin:
Thankx for always being there for me Brother :Thumbs Up:.... whether it be on or off the sand .... "Grasshopper"!

Your sleep deprived mission paid off! :Big Grin:
Way to go on getting some more points for your team.
Whenever I go to fish the surf, I can't help but get my hopes up on the possibility landing a monster that day lol cuz you never know when it might happen... :Wink:
Thanks for the report, Dan!

-Dnaiel

Thanks Daniel,

My philosophy is: Every day .... "To shoot for the stars. If things don't go as planned .... well at least ... I'll land on the moon"! :Wink:

Of course, I would've chosen sleep. You are "the man" amongst men. Way to get some points brother Dan!!!

Thanx Nate, I was desperate to do something ... after all ... Robert (my team Captain this month) has been making a lot of points for his team! :Big Grin:

Nice work out there! Seems like the bite completely shut down after 9am, but at least you got a good morning work out (not to mention 7 points :Big Grin:)

Thien

Thank you Thien, The beauty of surf fishing is being able to enjoy some amazing AO's. The points were just a plus! :Smile:

Team South Shores lol. Ever try the F rated beach inside Cabrillo ?
DR

Thanx Martin, To answer your question .....No not really ..... how well have you done there?
I usually fish the ocean side of Cabrillo Beach. Have you ever fished Cabrillo during the grunion run for Halibut?

Nice job! Carpe Diem!

Thanx for reading my fish report Dci4me. :Cool:

Great job Dan. Way to put some points up on the board unlike me :Sad:. Haven't gotten much on the boards so I've been a lurker and the Commander caught me red handed in the cookie jar..:LOL: I hope you do well during your night mission. Wish I could join but work beckons :Cool:.

-Peter

Thank you Peter,
I enjoy contributing points for whomsoevers team I may find my self on. :Wink:
I'm planning an assault on the grunion run this coming week! Let me know if things change and you can make it.