PDA

View Full Version : Trolling Flies

Reel Contentment
07-15-2013, 03:07 PM
Where is the best place to get trolling flies and streamers?

Thanks in advance.

My son and I caught a few at the recent, night open fishing:

City Dad
07-15-2013, 03:14 PM
Bob Mariots or Fisherman's Spot. (But it's way more fun to tie 'em yourself) Can probably order them from numerous places on-line too.

TrouTracker
07-15-2013, 04:23 PM
To RC- I've done a lot of research into trolling flies for DVL. They have to "match the hatch" specifically for the lake. Here are a couple of great resources for you:
1. Bluewater Tackle in Temecula- David has pre-made flies or can custom the flies to your specifications.
2. Jerrysflies.com- Jerry has a number of great trolling fly variations. He's got this trolling spinner fly that has great possibilities for DVL. He's located in West Virginia, but has great prices and varieties.
Good luck out there......
Barry

spoon2610
07-15-2013, 06:27 PM
Don't go to Blue Water tackle because Dave doesn't work there anymore. Dave is now at Turners in Temecula. He is the only guy i know that can make you flies that produce fish at DVL. Dave is "The fly guy" in town so stop by and see him at Turners in Temecula. Just my 2 cents.

TrouTracker
07-15-2013, 06:50 PM
To S- Thanks for the update with Dave. You are right about Dave, he's been dialed in on the trolling flies for years. He's a really nice guy and wish him well at Turner's. He spent a lot of time showing me how to tie the DVL specific flies that were hot.

GdHkSet1
07-16-2013, 07:19 AM
Yep, he's the man. I remember when he was at Bluewater-they were all out, he had them ready to go for me the next day...nice guy.

"Knock knock, who is it? it s Dave man -open up the door... who? .....Dave, D .A.V. E man would you open up the GD door, Dave's not here"

Reel Contentment
07-17-2013, 04:06 PM
Thank You for the information, I will check it out.

trout masterson
08-25-2013, 09:59 PM
Check out the "Baja baitfish" pattern.

HuskerRod
08-26-2013, 08:33 AM
Dave, Dave he is our man. If no one can make a fly Dave sure can. Thery work great for Striper, bass, so go get some before the DVL boat ban.

Yep, he's the man. I remember when he was at Bluewater-they were all out, he had them ready to go for me the next day...nice guy.

"Knock knock, who is it? it s Dave man -open up the door... who? .....Dave, D .A.V. E man would you open up the GD door, Dave's not here"

stocker
08-29-2013, 01:31 PM
1. obtain a saltwater hook. 2. wrap on a hank of white marabou plume 3. add some silver crystal flash on the sides. 3. wrap on another chunk of chatreuse marabou. 4. tie in various hook sizes and colors to "match" the hatch. 5. don't buy into the hype, this isn't brain surgery.