PDA

View Full Version : Report Siverwood 7-12-2013

michaelk
07-14-2013, 03:53 PM
Yuck! pew!! &*@@@&^*^*&%&^%$^%#%$243243, sucky, sucky!!!

Water level above the hard water white line from previous high levels. The bite was slowwwwwwwwwwww. One 2-3 lb striper on worms, guy down from me on lite line. One cat 5-6 and a few dinks.

Hot hot and hot, overcrowded and lots of snagged lines, crossed over casting and generally tacky fishing technique from a few screw it over for the majority. It was thte kind of day where a fist fight could happen but tempers were calm, the guy next to me must of hooked my line five to six times. He was nice guy and oh well.

Here are a few pics of the dock. I took this after maybe 10 fishermen had called it quits so imagine what it looked like at peak.

Jmac using plastics said he caught 5 bass, on another thread off the docks4192241923

Michael

seal
07-14-2013, 04:18 PM
Worse time of the year to try and fish Silverwood unless you go sit on a bait spot from a boat or find a midweek troll bite. Only other option is to fish just before daylight and right before dark. The fish from shore will tend to be smaller this time of the year, you just have to go with it.

Last week the bite one day didn't start until about 8:15pm we caught fish after fish but they were dinks but dinks on light gear this time of the year might be what you have deal with from shore, but in another month or so that should change a bit.