PDA

View Full Version : Bass fishing help (irvine lake)

clos_fish05
07-14-2013, 11:33 AM
Hello out there,
I want to go large mouth bass fishing in Irvine lake. Im a big salt water fisher but suck out here on the lakes. I really want to catch some large mout bass and I heard irvine lake is a good place for that. Wanted to see if I could get any tips on areas to fish, and rod set up.
Thanks for the help.

etucker1959
07-14-2013, 03:16 PM
Hello out there,
I want to go large mouth bass fishing in Irvine lake. Im a big salt water fisher but suck out here on the lakes. I really want to catch some large mout bass and I heard irvine lake is a good place for that. Wanted to see if I could get any tips on areas to fish, and rod set up.
Thanks for the help.
Here's one tip, hopefully more people will offer other advice. About an hour before sunset, surface plugs around any brushey area. Boat dock cove was always good to us.

clos_fish05
07-14-2013, 03:25 PM
Thanks for the advice

clos_fish05
07-14-2013, 03:40 PM
Did you fish from shore or boat?

Here's one tip, hopefully more people will offer other advice. About an hour before sunset surface plugs around any brushey area. Boat dock cove was always good to us.

etucker1959
07-15-2013, 08:53 PM
Did you fish from shore or boat?

We were in a boat but it shouldn't matter with the lake going down.

karalm
07-16-2013, 11:42 AM
So best approach is to go by boat because most of the spots you cannot reach on foot. Hit up the rocky point area and red cliff areas with drop shot of your favorite "stick" worm (robo or senko) and also hit the north west side of the lake. All the standard colors (brown, purple and green pumpkin) have all worked for me. Yes while frogs and topwater may work now that the water is low and the weeds are up, do not forget dropoffs and points that bass go to since the water is now really warm as well as the sun and I like working this through out the day not just early am and late pm. Best of luck!!

zzzfish
07-16-2013, 04:47 PM
Try the rental boat dock (don't fish on the dock but in your boat while tied up). I saw a 10-12 fish school with some reaching 5+lbs.

From evening to night...try tossing spinner blades and crank bait at points.